The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
84burb

Re: which gun to get

You might like to take a look at this youtube video on how to setup a HF purple gun. This is not me or my video but I think it would be a good practice to prep any gun this way.

I got the HF gun mainly for primer as I'm not going to pay for a high-end gun to do a single DD project. I'm still getting used to shooting with it but I'm satisfied with the results so far. (Primer) I was going to rebuild my Binks #7 for the finish coats but may shoot them with the HF gun instead. I haven't shot a car since the sixties so everything has changed a bit.
84burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
MarineChevyDriver

Re: which gun to get

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84burb View Post
You might like to take a look at this youtube video on how to setup a HF purple gun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PiYhGLlQsU
This is not me or my video but I think it would be a good practice to prep any gun this way.

I got the HF gun mainly for primer as I'm not going to pay for a high-end gun to do a single DD project. I'm still getting used to shooting with it but I'm satisfied with the results so far. (Primer) I was going to rebuild my Binks #7 for the finish coats but may shoot them with the HF gun instead. I haven't shot a car since the sixties so everything has changed a bit.
Great information. He likes to talk. That 50 minute video could have been complete in 5 minutes. Nonetheless, good info on how to improve a low cost gun. I will save everyone 50 minutes of watching the video: the answer is, take apart the entire gun, clean all threads and ports of crappy manufacturers sealant and reseal with teflon tape. BOOM! Done. That's the entire video in a single sentance. Now if I can only find a low cost compressor I'd be in business. Thanks for posting.
Posted via Mobile Device
MarineChevyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote