The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
SCOTI

Re: 2 for 1, My son's first Square Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Korbin is real proud of the truck and all the work that has gone into it. He gets a ton of compliments...

I think you took my comments wrong. He knows what he has, but this truck was to be ready by his 16th birthday which I did not get it done by, I let him down on that deadline. We got it to the show unfinished which was also a deadline I missed to get it complete by, and then the trans problem happened and he could not take it for the first day of school. HE is very proud of the truck and enjoys having it very much. It was just a huge set back when the trans went out so soon after getting it together. He has put a bunch time into it and loves driving it.

We got the trans replaced and put in a lower stall speed convertor and fixed a steering issue over the weekend. I got the gauges installed and he was able to take it to school today. We need to calibrate the speedo and then finish his stereo before putting in the carpet.
Making the show unfinished (but making it) isn't bad.
Missing the 'start of school' goal by one week isn't bad.
Don't beat yourself up
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote