The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
bojak

Re: C50 Pick-up Drill Sergeant

I am so relieved that sarge won't be a plow truck. I was really beginning to stress about its fate. I haven't had to steal a vehicle in a long time but was considering coming out of retirement. Glad your coming down from that. I will say that you managed to "throw" together a pretty *****en plow rig.

On the front flares, how is the bottom flare and door relationship going to work? I can visualize it but then I visualize opening the door and can't get it to work out. From where it's stopped now it looks like the remainder will be part of the door but that's an assumption.

Keep up the killer work.
bojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
atvpro

Re: C50 Pick-up Drill Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojak View Post
I am so relieved that sarge won't be a plow truck. I was really beginning to stress about its fate. I haven't had to steal a vehicle in a long time but was considering coming out of retirement. Glad your coming down from that. I will say that you managed to "throw" together a pretty *****en plow rig.

On the front flares, how is the bottom flare and door relationship going to work? I can visualize it but then I visualize opening the door and can't get it to work out. From where it's stopped now it looks like the remainder will be part of the door but that's an assumption.

Keep up the killer work.
Well Bojak don't worry Drill Sergeant will be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound but most likely will be more of a daily driver show truck. If I can have it finished before Hot August Nights in Reno, we are planning on towing it down behind the crewcab to show it off. I am planning on putting 400 horsepower motor in place of the motor that is in it now but it is going to be all stock looking right down to that stinkin orange color.

Oh by the way, the flare extension is attached to the actual body and fender flare. The door actually opens and clears it. Hope that clear things up for ya.

Hey Bojak do me a favor, I don't know if you know this or not but I lived in Atlanta for 20 years. One of the things I miss is a Chic-Fil-A - chicken biscuit with bacon, cheese and tomato. Go have one and take a picture and send it to me. That will be about the same as me telling you that I was going to use Drill Sergeant as a snow plow truck.
atvpro is offline   Reply With Quote