The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
OneOffStroker

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-tung View Post
I think boxing it is going to be a SOB with the way the frame tapers slightly from back to front and dips down a little. Then the bottom "rail" of the frame is wider in places. I think I'm just going to take a straight edge and a torch and square everything up as much as possible. Going back in with 1/4" diamond plate because I have half a sheet left over from a bumper project from my jeep.
If you know anyone with a CNC plasma or Waterjet, I will give you the CAD files that I just drew up for front boxing plates. Just load them into the machine and slice that sheet that you have. I'll be drawing rear plates with a 2" notch this week to cut out for my own project. I cut the fronts last weekend, and they fit like a glove. They are 40" long and go from the front of the radiator support bracket back to about where the trans crossmember used to be.
OneOffStroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
t-tung

Re: "Pinché Caliché" '57 StepSide/LSx/CrownVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOffStroker View Post
If you know anyone with a CNC plasma or Waterjet, I will give you the CAD files that I just drew up for front boxing plates. Just load them into the machine and slice that sheet that you have. I'll be drawing rear plates with a 2" notch this week to cut out for my own project. I cut the fronts last weekend, and they fit like a glove. They are 40" long and go from the front of the radiator support bracket back to about where the trans crossmember used to be.
That would be amazing. My buddy runs an oilfield machine shop. Let me see if he has either piece of equipment. I've already straightened up the area that dips for the front of the front crossmember but I could definitely make it work. It'll save me at LEAST 3 hours with cardboard and scissors
t-tung is offline   Reply With Quote