The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
oldman3

Re: Cecil the 1953 5 window / S-10 / 5.7 TPI

Had wondered why we hadn't seen anything on this build, from you or Chris. Glad it is started and look forward to more updates...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
skymangs

Sorry all, got a little farther behind on the '54 than planned. I'm ready to get cranking on Cecil as soon as the Thanksgiving weekend is over. I've ordered a TON of parts already, I'm going to change up how I do this one a bit, and do the suspension work before body fitment. That way I can build it around those monstrous tires. I am also starting out by cutting an inch out of my cab mounts, I'll tack them together, and fit the body, that way it's easy to take more out if I need to.

The rear tires measure 32.25" tall... it's going to be a chore to get it low!

Also, the '54 has it's own thread now. Rico F. is the title.
skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
skymangs

I just ordered the new gauge from Speedhut. Shawn is graciously allowing me to use his truck as a test bed for some new Idea's I've been kicking around. I plan on replacing the original speedometer head with the new Speedhut electronic speedo. I will re-use the original faceplate, and have my graphics shop custom make me a vinyl decal to replicate the original look of the speedometer, but match the Mph marks of the Speedhut gauge. The new vinyl decal will go to 90mph, as the original did. The new speedo will have integrated bright and signal indicators as well.

If this works out as well as I expect, it will be my new standard for LS swaps.
Attached Images

skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
oossuuu754

Went by today to see Chris and see how Cecil was progressing. It was nice to get my gloves a little dirty and help him test fit the cab on the S-10 chassis. Chris has some ideas to get him to an overall goal of 7 inches off the ground. Stay tuned.
Attached Images

Cecil-1953 5 window build thread

Skymangs..Chris of Old Sarge customs had a shop fire and was severly injured. To help with the medical bills and expenses a fund has been set up here....http://gofundme.com/c49h5mjx8 More details are here...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7253189
oossuuu754 is offline   Reply With Quote