The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2014, 01:21 AM   #1
Maggro

First build

So Im currently deployed with my Army National Guard unit and don't have much to do on my down time. I have wanted to build a truck for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on this 1969 C-10 long bed. I bought it sight unseen on the web and had my father pick it up and haul it to his house. It was a bit of gamble but it turned out to be in pretty good shape for a great price. As you can see he already started without me, he built drag motors back in the day and couldn't resist. I have been researching this forum to plan my build and cant wait to come home and get started. I will post as much as I can as the build goes on I figure its going to take a while, I pride myself on attention to detail. Thanks to all of you for contributing and making my time here go faster.
SGT V
Attached Images

Maggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:53 AM   #2
Mapearso

Re: First build

nice truck
good luck with the build
Mapearso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
lowlyfec10

very nice! if it wasnt for the mint green, white would have been my next favorite color!
lowlyfec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
mcbassin
Still Learning

Welcome to the board. Looks like a good solid truck. Looking forward to following along.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:51 AM   #5
Maggro

So my deployment is almost up, and I have been piling up parts at my dads house and was hoping to get a good rolling chassis out of this before heading back to my civilian job. I have had the opportunity to be selective about what I buy so I have been getting some good deals by being patient. So far I have;
Truck, 350 crate motor all the necessary brackets and connections for a/c alternator, T/H 350 tranny, will do shift kit or something when I get there, new motor trans mounts, CPP transmission crossmember, CPP trailing arm crossmember, CPP 5" rear drop springs,, CPP 5 lug rear axle and drum kit, new brake hardware, cylinders and pads, CPP 2.5" drop spindles, CPP 5 lug Wilwood disc brake kitt with lines and all ball joints, 3" front drop springs, CPP shock relocation brackets front and rear, aluminum rear tank with mounting and sender, CPP pan hard bar, Polly bushings for cab, rear trailing arms, 20X8.5 front rims, 20X10 rear rims, 255X40 front 295x40 rear tires. I think that's I will be taking tthe whole frame abort removing all the bushings and rivets and reprinting before assembly. The rear diff earings and seals I will be purchasing when I get there and have them in hand when I buy so I know they are the right ones at the parts store, unless someone knows of a good rebuild kit for a 12 bolt rear that will work. If anyone has any input on anything I'm missing here let me know, this started as a dream to get me through this and will soon be a reality. I can't wait.
Thanks, SGT V
Posted via Mobile Device
Maggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #6
hddeluxe1

Have fun with the new build and Thanks for your service!!

hddeluxe1 is offline   Reply With Quote