The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-06-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
I love this build, hope things are going well today. Did you ever find the stainless trim for the rear window? I saw this ad on the Atlanta CL and thought I'd post a link in case he might have something you need.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/pts/4946627641.html
Thanks for the link, Russell. I can always use a parts source since they ain't making anymore of these. I did find the corners for the rear window. Good old East TX boy named Roy sent them to me and were just what I needed.

Things are indeed going well today. The rain we got earlier has moved out, the sun is shining, the roads are dry and we're headed for a cruise-in here in a little bit. Revised the aluminum radiator cover and got it installed, put the passenger side seat back in now that the floor has pretty much dried out and I think a few minutes of "make ready" will be all that "Maybelline" needs.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
jlsanborn

Glad to hear you're getting a peek at the Sky. Take any pictures of Maybelline while you were out?
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
Vic1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Glad to hear you're getting a peek at the Sky. Take any pictures of Maybelline while you were out?
Man, you're not going to believe this, John, but we forgot and left the camera at home. Put a fresh battery in it and then left it on the desk. Realized it right before we rolled into the parking lot. Only picture we got was posted online by one of the roaming photographers. But I aim to get some more soon! And a video.

We encountered a couple of things I'll need to address. I reckon the car won't stay cool without a radiator shroud. We ran the a/c on the way to the cruise-in and turned it off just as we got to the parking lot. Place was full and it took a few minutes to find a spot. By the time I just about had it parked, temp was sitting on 210 and Maybelline got hot and wouldn't do no mo'. Died and wouldn't restart. Later after she cooled off - no problem, started right up. On the way home, we stopped at a neighbor's house briefly. When we went to leave, turned the key and nothing happened. Several tries later, the starter finally engaged and the engine fired. So I guess my future includes ordering a new high torque mini starter to replace the stock starter and pulling the header off the passenger side to install it. Then figuring out the best way to mount a shroud to the radiator and fabricating it.

So in light of these new car bugs and the weather thing (line of heavy thunderstorms went right along the PT route this morning) I'm feeling better all the time about staying home.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote