The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2015, 12:29 AM   #1
Bajango

Yo from PDX Oregon!

Hey chevy truck peeps,
My name is Brittan and I am 19. I am from the Portland Metro area (Oregon City). I bought this optional gauges 1972 c10, minus tach and vac gauge about a month ago now. I am finally able to introduce myself. My current plans are: streetable small block build to replace the 1977 350 currently in it, a simple air bag on a factory coil spring setup (currently leaf) swap with maybe a small C notch (I've always been into lowered 2wd trucks) and a rear gear swap. It was originally a 4 speed truck, but was converted to TH350 before I bought it. I think the 4.10 gears are still in it because its screaming at 65mph. So far the only thing I have done is an edelbrock intake+carb swap because the rochester carb was leaking, tune up, fluids and delete a bunch of extra dumb ad ons (e.g. aftermarket cruise control box and its 10 wires that was broken)

I have always grown up chevy ever since I can remember my dad's old 1967 Impala and 1969 (I think) c10. We currently have a 1994 Impala SS, a BB 1995 2500 burb, a BB 1983 c30 3+3. My other favorite car brands are: Nissan, oldskool toyota (Currently trying to buy a 1972 Carina) and Datsun.

I am a well versed mechanic, I have some shop employment history and I currently sell parts at Baxter auto parts. For those of you that are not on the West coast, Baxter's is HEAVILY domestic. But in reality, we mostly stock chevy.

Even though I have always been chev, this is actually my third rig and my first chevy. My first rig was a 1983 Nissan 720, lowered of course, and my second rig was a 1988 toyota Supra turbo that was FAR from stock. It made about 400whp. Anyway, I was involved in a accident that totaled my 720, forcing me to sell the Supra (I was always working on the damned thing) because I needed a reliable daily rig.

So here I am, rocking a chevy and 10mpg.

Bajango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:04 AM   #2
Blue/72

Re: Yo from PDX Oregon!

Welcome from another young (17) Oregonian (Canby) with a 72 Chevy. Looks like a good starting point!!
Attached Images

•1972 Cheyenne Super. Sold
Blue/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:42 AM   #3
Bajango

Re: Yo from PDX Oregon!

I live about 10 minutes away from Canby in fact. And your truck is sweet! I've always liked the two tone sides and cab. You can probably tell that my rig has a cheap spray on it. There is a bunch of white on the cab where the paint is flaking. Sometime I'll get all of that trim and do a good paint job.
Bajango is offline   Reply With Quote