The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

Re: My 1958 GMC 100 Stepside Budget Build

Welcome!

Can't really offer much in the way of opinions or suggestions if you haven't stated what your intentions are for the truck. If it's a full frame off restoration there are LOTS of threads on the Project subforum.

If you just want a reliable, clean driver I'll be immodest and suggest you look at the first 3/4's of my thread and get an idea what can be done with cleaning, fixing, repainting while still driving it.
But there are plenty of other threads that show a lot of the same.

Best of luck and keep the pictures coming!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
Techie79

Re: My 1958 GMC 100 Stepside Budget Build

I apologize. I should have put what my intentions were in the initial post, but honestly I still have not fully decided what I want to do with her. This is my first project so I probably won't do anything too drastic like a front clip or bags but definitely want to make her into a nice looking driver. I am working in a single car garage with very limited space, so what I am thinking about doing this winter is stripping all of the sheet metal and the cab off of the frame and stripping it down to bare metal and priming everything while replacing cab corners, floor pans, and the damaged passenger step. I am probably being a little optimistic but I hope to have her back together and drivable again for next years car show season. Once the season is over Ill decide what to do the following winter.
Techie79 is offline   Reply With Quote