The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
jaros44sr

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spf79 View Post
Lol, agreed - I hate wire wheeling, but I didn't have that much to do. So I bit the bullet and got it done. It took longer than I expected, I should of used the old man's blast cabinet... but that is a drive and I'm not going to let him trick me into cleaning his garage work area anymore.

I'm very excited about the build, i have been saving my pennies! How do I move the thread at this point? Sorry if I put it in the wrong area.
We'll contact a Mod., and see if he can move it. No problem, most of the new projects start off in the message area. Sheesh, we don't have a Moderater

great to see you're making progress

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:09 AM   #2
Spf79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
We'll contact a Mod., and see if he can move it. No problem, most of the new projects start off in the message area. Sheesh, we don't have a Moderater

great to see you're making progress
Awesome, thank you sir!
The progress is coming in spurts. I don't feel like I am rushed this time aroud, that is very nice... Such a fun hobby,addiction.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:31 AM   #3
Spf79

I have been keeping an eye out for certain items that I will need down the road. Today fed ex dropped off a set of door panels that I am excited to refurbish in the near future. They even came in the color I wanted... well at least the back side is. Any tips on repairing the wood grain inserts? They are nice with out any dents... just worn. Ten years ago I touched up the scratches on another set with various brown & black colors of testers model paint then clear coated them on another truck. They came out decent, but not perfect. Most people said the looked great, they drove me nuts everytime I looked at them. I have heard that the re-pop wood inserts are good. Does anyone have any experience with those inserts? Recommend them?
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2017, 02:41 AM   #4
Spf79

This truck came with a front swaybar that the PO installed. I think this is good. Since this will be street driven most of the time I was thinking of adding a rear swaybar. I have read some opinions on this site for and against, but nothing regarding the rear sway bar with a 4" lift. I am looking at the Addco rear sway bar. Has anyone have a rear swaybar on a lifted Blazer? Feel any difference.? Waste of money?
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #5
Spf79

Picked this little fella up off of ebay, $100 plus shipping.
I'm pretty happy with it. Looks like it received a crack during shipping, but nothing a little epoxy and sanding can't hide. Unfortunately the lower portion of this console will lose most of its texture during the refinishing process.
It even came in the color I wanted, lol.
Attached Images