The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
47 Fasttoys

Re: '47 Loadmaster COE (rebuild pictures)

8-16-2015
Thanks all, how did I load the Cobra? I cheated, lift Cobra on lift, back truck under, lower Cobra, BINGO. Later I will install a hydraulic tilt, air bags and some long ramps. The plans are to run it through the summer and tear it back apart this winter for some frame reinforcements and a lot of detail work.

By the way, the TOM contest for this month is heavy haulers, I will enter my truck and could use all the support you guys can offer.
Thanks,
Rob
8-24-2015
Thank's all for your support. It looks like it's gonna be close. I'm not out of it yet, but I need a push for sure. If you have looked over my build and followed my road trips you know my truck is a home built daily driver, not much more I can do at this point. Just the same, all the trucks in the running are worth your consideration. Oh, and by the way, I did top it out the other morning (in Mexico of course) looks like 112 is all shes got. Nothing like trying to push a barn down the highway.
Rob
Old 12-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
47 Fasttoys

Re: '47 Loadmaster COE (rebuild pictures)

11-24-2015
So I haven't been posting a lot lately but I have been driving the snot out of the COE. I checked it today and I'm just over 22K miles. Having some minor issues but nothing major at all. After watching all you guys having all the fun I decided it was time for me to get started on some winter projects. I have a list of upgrades I want to get done before next summers trip so now is a good to get started. First up: Air ride.
I'm making my own system as much as I can, some parts I will to buy, some I will acquire and some I will build.
The only things I'm am set on is this whole process must be reversible and I would like to keep the truck down time to a minimum. I started by making my own cups and relocating the shocks. At this point I've completed the muck up of one side just to put it back to stock until some control parts get ordered and arrive (4 play valve system)
Rob
Attached Images