The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2018, 01:29 AM   #1
1968 baby blue C10

Rattle can paint to match 68 factory silver front bumper?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if the bumpers and grilles were the same silver as the rally wheels in 1968? I am needing to repaint my front bumper, but not the grille so I need them to match. I was wondering if advance auto parts GM argent silver wheel paint will be correct for the bumper? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
KevinK7

Re: Rattle can paint to match 68 factory silver front bumper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968 baby blue C10 View Post
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if the bumpers and grilles were the same silver as the rally wheels in 1968? I am needing to repaint my front bumper, but not the grille so I need them to match. I was wondering if advance auto parts GM argent silver wheel paint will be correct for the bumper? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I believe it (Argent silver) would be correct, The argent was used on other chevy vehicles (at least that I know of 67/68) so I don't think it would be any different on the truck.
Also (just an FYI) if you happen to stumble upon Krylon "Dull Aluminum", it is about identical to Argent silver. I use it a lot (with a coat of satin clear) and it looks perfect.

These wheels are Dull Aluminum / cleared over...
KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
1968 baby blue C10

Re: Rattle can paint to match 68 factory silver front bumper?

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I wasn’t wondering so much if it was different from other vehicles of the era, but rather if they had possibly changed the argent silver over the years. And thanks for the tip on the dull aluminum. Those wheels look great. I’m going to have to repaint my wheels, rust is starting to show up in the crevice between the center and the rim. Which is ridiculous, the guy I bought it off of just bought them new and it was garage kept. And sweet car by the way.
"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote