The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2018, 01:44 AM   #14
Stormin08

Re: Project WideBody

suspension wise...
i originally had the first release of shock waves, those has a large diameter billet surround that captured the bags. they installed with the bag under the frame pocket and had no issues ( no frame cutting).
somehow one of the shock stud mounts broke off...ride tech was kind enough to discount A WHOLE NEW SET by $200 due to a recent redesign (lucky me)...so roughly $800 later i have a newer version.
Currently they design has a urethane disc and the shock has been upgraded to a thread body allowing a slight adjustment to height after install.

only issue there is they COME MANUFACTURED with a 1/4" inlet line fitting (only ride tech can change). After several discussions, and multiple notes of having 3/8" line...i received the new with 1/4" fittings still ! Again, ride tech was kind enough to allow me to purchase and adapter ( but now i have slower acting bags)...and the frame pocket will need clearanced due to the new bag location.

the rear, is a KP COMPONENTS 6 LINK and a standard bell tech frame notch (stock bed floor still intact), and a firestone bag ( dont recall the size as the suspension was done 10 yrs ago...with the exception of the new front shock wave ( never used yet, just installed)
Stormin08 is offline   Reply With Quote