The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2019, 09:46 PM   #10
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I repaired the missing threaded insert on my hood. it was pretty easy to do. I was going to mount it and then decided I was going to spray the underside of the hood with a rubberized spray coating. I know it wont be beautiful but it will be a nicer cleaner universal colored hood that will look a lot better than the faded primer it is now. I did the first half and it went fine. on the second half the first thing I noticed was that the coating (same brand) looked darker. I hoped it would lighten up as it dried. the second coat was where everything went bad. the spray can started spitting and then dropped several large blobs of coating. I grabbed a different can and tried to fix it but the morning will tell me if that worked or if im going to be sanding. im annoyed. I also drover the truck all day. went to the gym, lunch, ran some errands. I believe I even created a future gearhead. I was at autozone getting a headlight bulb for shakes car. I saw a kid looking at the death rattle. I went out and let him have a real good look and answered several of his questions. im guessing he was 10. it was neat.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote