The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #1
aknovaman

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

I see in the first post you refence a section on
Section A - Disable the Oxygen Sensors (O2s) Codes

Why in the world would you do that? WANABE tuners do that because its a hack and a crutch for not knowing how to tune the necessary tables to make it run correctly. Doing so can make the car run poorly when weather conditions are different than when the tune was done. They put it in open loop so they only tune the open loop AFR table and because they don't know how to tune with them enabled.

Also you fuel gage adjustment procedure is lacking any adjustment for the range of the A/D converter tables. If you change the fuel tank size, the A/D tables must also be corrected.

As you said: just blindly follow along what some knucklehead is telling us to do on the InterWebs
FMCDH GBU and GBA
http://www.youtube.com/user/aknovaman/videos
aknovaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
loosenutz

There are 4 oxygen sensors on an LS series engine. They are talking about disabling the rear 2 which are not used in any fuel calculations. The rear 2 are checking that the catalytic converters are present and working properly. It's fairly common to delete the rear 2 in engine swaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknovaman View Post

Why in the world would you do that? WANABE tuners do that because its a hack and a crutch for not knowing how to tune the necessary tables to make it run correctly. Doing so can make the car run poorly when weather conditions are different than when the tune was done. They put it in open loop so they only tune the open loop AFR table and because they don't know how to tune with them enabled.
loosenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #3
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:

Why in the world would you do that?
We disable the codes for the rear two Oxygen sensors only, as they do not exist. I realize someone just beat me to the answer, but you are hitting pretty hard so I wanted to defend myself personally especially when there is a misunderstanding.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #4
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Also you fuel gage adjustment procedure is lacking any adjustment for the range of the A/D converter tables. If you change the fuel tank size, the A/D tables must also be corrected.
I do not offer any fuel gauge adjustment procedures, as we do not rely on the stock fuel gauge in our LS Swaps, we keep the OEM fuel gauges or run some aftermarket ones directly connected to the fuel sending unit.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote