The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2020, 04:44 AM   #37
GMCJOE

Progress Update

Been a long while again since I've posted on here. Got a few things done since thing besides spending money on it. Probably be further if I wouldn't have purchased a Cobalt SS and rebuilt the engine in it.

Installed Boyds under bed tank.

Installed van tilt column after restoration on it. Attempted to rebuild steering gearbox due to it leaking, but it decided to let loose and just spun in circles. Guess a ball got lodged and broke it right as I pulled in the driveway. Bought a remanufactured from NAPA, problem solved.

Put a 2 inch cowl induction hood on.

Replaced the worn out rear coil springs. Either they'd been heated by prior owner to lower it, or the old exhaust that ran right up against the springs did the job. Decided the raked look I was after is too much, will be ordering another set to drop it down a few inches.

Decided I'm going to ditch the carb and go with an EFI system. Found a hell of a deal on one of the FB pages, bought a Holley Sniper EFI kit brand new in box with everything to plumb the fuel also. Decided I'd purchase the CD box, coil, and distributor to match. Should be happy running engine with the other goodies I purchased.

Decided it was also time to purchase an updated blade fuse wiring kit to replace the hacked up one that's seen better days. Caught it on sale on Brothers Trucks.

Then I decided it was time that a purchase a set of heads to get rid of the swirl port GM ones. Bought a set of BluePrint Engines 195cc aluminum heads. Should wake it up a bit with the combination of the Holley EFI kit.

Also purchase Holley finned valve covers and air cleaner assembly to dress it up a bit.

After all that, I guess it'll be time to start saving towards body, paint, and interior work.

*tried posting pictures, missing security token error keeps populating. Maybe due to the fact I currently deployed to Korea*

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust

Last edited by GMCJOE; 05-10-2020 at 05:26 AM.
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote