The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #27
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Ebay...NOS Cargo Lamp Assembly $695.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Like I said,he should brush up.Those lights aren`t 67 through 72 parts and that`s how he has it listed and marked on the baggie.If he knew his trucks he`d know it`s worth more as a Camaro piece.
He can`t sell it as Camaro.It`s worth less because it comes with the truck harness and switch as well as cargo light install instructions.
Even for a Camaro,it`s only one out of two needed.Why pay all that to still need another?$1,400 into two backup lamps is a bit out of range even for a rare Camaro.Good look finding the other one to match it.It`s a broken set and leaves a rare part yet to find.When you have the whole ball off wax,then you have something.
Sorry, old thread, but was doing some research on what I got, just picked up a complete OEM assembly off Ebay for $850($85). All but the lens & housing to cab hardware suits any build.

Researched for a lens and that, Camaro & so forth, so I'm going to be rich. Found an NOS lens for $220 ($22). Replacement gasket, housing mount hardware runs $200.

I'm opening at $1500 considering inflation, plus shipping & maybe another 150 just for insurance Honestly I thought about installing one in my 71 but probably won't at this point, it's nice to have the option. Came out of ideal conditions for sure, it's hard to believe the cab mount H/W came off the same truck but I think they did. This is the old lens, just ordered the $220 lens I'm in $130ish to sit in a free box.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote