The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #1
88Stanger

Re: Grandpa’s 63 C10 build

Brother, DAMN that is looking AWESEOME!!! Great job sir!! Keep up the great work!!!
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:37 PM   #2
J Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Brother, DAMN that is looking AWESEOME!!! Great job sir!! Keep up the great work!!!
Haha, thanks 88Stanger! I am loving just walking into the garage to stare at it. Did a little more today, I will post my progress.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:51 PM   #3
J Williams

So today was a step backwards before I could move forward. The first pint of paint I purchased did not match the gallon I purchased. The grill was just a little off so I pulled the grill and re-painted. Got the grill back on. Mounted some door handles and started to put windows back in.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
88Stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Williams View Post
So today was a step backwards before I could move forward. The first pint of paint I purchased did not match the gallon I purchased. The grill was just a little off so I pulled the grill and re-painted. Got the grill back on. Mounted some door handles and started to put windows back in.
This is that stage where the excitement really starts to kick in and it is hard to not work on it.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:37 AM   #5
J Williams

Not sure what to do.....
So I replaced all the felts in the doors and then placed the side windows back in. Went to roll them up and LMC's felts that clip on he door keep the windows from rolling all the way up. I then started doing research and seen this is a common problem, why a company doesn't fix there product is beyond me! So I thought I had the solution, had two new windows cut just a little longer, expensive fix but thought it would work. Well the new glass is too thick and the glass has to be forced to go up and down.

Guess back to square one. If anyone has a magic trick up their sleeve feel free to throw it my way.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #6
bigmoe

Wow that sucks. New glass cut longer is the ultimate solution as far as I'm concerned. When I did my truck I pinched the bottom glass channel until the glass just fit in. I glued the glass into the channel with windshield urethane. I got the urethane for nothing from a local shop. If you go at the end of the work day they will give you a part tube because it will usually go hard over night anyway. My window still hits the felts but will pass with a little force on the handle.
bigmoe is offline   Reply With Quote