The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
LT7A

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Hey Greg, the progress looks really good. The sheen of the paint on your cleaned up parts and those inner fenders looks so nice. And the clean engine, ready to go back together too. Were the pistons they pulled out of their dished? So will you have a bit more compression with those flat tops?
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Hey Greg, the progress looks really good. The sheen of the paint on your cleaned up parts and those inner fenders looks so nice. And the clean engine, ready to go back together too. Were the pistons they pulled out of their dished? So will you have a bit more compression with those flat tops?
Thanks.it seems like all I have done for a couple weeks,is clean and paint parts?looking better now.i will have another update on here later tonight. The pistons i took out were domed just like the new ones.the new rebuilt will be just like it was from new.take care.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:45 PM   #3
mr.mud1

a little more progress today.i got the short block completed,pistons all in,oil pump,camshaft and timing chain set installed.oil pan and timing cover on.tomorrow we'll get cylinder heads and the valve train installed.we'll have an engine in no time.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2022, 11:56 PM   #4
mr.mud1

today i was able to get both cylinder heads installed,the valve train assembled with all new rocker arms,valves adjusted and ran the pre-lube for a bit,long enough to see we have oil pressure up to the rockers arms.all good.tomorrow the intake is going on and then maybe start with some primer and orange paint.there are a couple of small parts in the mail that i'm waiting for to give to my transmission guy,but once they arrive,he's ready to go and re-assemble the transmission.he has a new rebuilt kit, everything is apart,cleaned and inspected. i have plans to change the steering column to a tilt while the engine is out.lots to do but making progress.
Attached Images