The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2022, 02:31 AM   #1
Vortech

GMC trim install

Need some help, what clips do I need for GMC sail trim? Used recommended trim, but trim was loose and came right off. Back of trim is in accessible from back side.
Attached Images

Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 04:40 PM   #2
forestb

Re: GMC trim install

I used the ones like you have but tweaked them a little to get a tighter fit. One thing you will want to think about is that those holes will leak when you wash the truck. Are you going to install the trim on the door also or just on the cab? On mine the trim that is on the door is held on by bolt on type clips that were stock (in the places where you have rear access). You might be able to find some of those for the cab trim.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 08:21 PM   #3
Vortech

Ok, I will bend them up, I do have the trim clips for the door trim, but there is no access from the rear to tighten them on the sail pillar I may try and double stick tape them on like some are doing for the side trim.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:57 PM   #4
forestb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech View Post
Ok, I will bend them up, I do have the trim clips for the door trim, but there is no access from the rear to tighten them on the sail pillar I may try and double stick tape them on like some are doing for the side trim.
Sounds like a good idea. They are vary lite. I kind of wish I had stuck them on instead of drilling holes in my truck for the clips. Be careful if you need to remove the clips. I removed one of mine and it chipped away some of the paint.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 03:07 AM   #5
Vortech

I ended up just taping them on. I had the plastic cut to 1/4" strips. Used 3M double stick tape measuring 1/4" width by .049 thick to tape plastic to trim. Then used another strip of tape to tape that assembly to cab. Now for the other side and the door trim.
Attached Images