The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #226
butternut1972

Re: Silver Dollar

WOW! You have been gettin' after it. Looks great.
butternut1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #227
eagleuh1

Looking real good. Lots of good ideas too.
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #228
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Alf loves it!!!!
nasqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #229
chevytruckluver
Eat, Sleep, Drive a Chevy

Mike, you make such great progress in such short time!
I was looking back over your build and I have a couple of questions for you
1. I know the wheels are Boss 338's but are they all 4 the same width and offset and also what size tires are you running on them?
2. what steering wheel did you go with?
Thanks and keep up the great work
Trey

72 Short Step
57 "big window" short step
chevytruckluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #230
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevytruckluver View Post
Mike, you make such great progress in such short time!
I was looking back over your build and I have a couple of questions for you
1. I know the wheels are Boss 338's but are they all 4 the same width and offset and also what size tires are you running on them?
2. what steering wheel did you go with?
Thanks and keep up the great work
Trey
The wheels are 18x8 in the front running a 245/45/18 the rear are 18x8.5 running 255/45/18.
I dont remember the name brand of the wheel. I got it on ebay. when it came, it had a cheap vinly wrap around it. When I had my seat, and door panels reupholstered with ultra leather, there was enough material left over, so I had them redo the steering wheel as well. So it matches the seat.

Last edited by mrhino; 12-11-2010 at 09:20 AM.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #231
mrhino
Account Suspended

back glass install.

I thought I read some where that it was best to find the center of the window opening and the center of the glass and make sure the two line up. So I got out my Black n Decker laser level again. I first used it to line up the center of the frame with the center of the cab, and then find the center of the bed and core support. unfortunatly I tore off all the tape marks, so I had to do it again.

put the gasket in and then marked that

then found center on the glass

I struggled putting the seal on to the glass. but the wife came over and she put it right on.

she gloated so much, my son came over to see if he could show me up too.

with the seal on it was time to put in the rope. they did such a fine job on putting the seal on, I let them do that to.

they didn't want to put the glass in with out me though. I guess its nice to be needed sometimes

so while the pushed on the out side, I pulled the rope on the inside.

after 3 attempts it finally went in. and Tyler wanted to be the one to clean all the finger prints off

I must give credit to my 7 year old daughter Sara. she was in charge of the photographs and did a pretty good job. in fact most of the photos you'll see with me in them, she took.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #232
eagleuh1

Family Affair, love it. Does Tyler want to be the one to do the 1st burnout video, driving?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #233
67cheby
67cheby

thats great...
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #234
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
Family Affair, love it. Does Tyler want to be the one to do the 1st burnout video, driving?
Im sure he does. he's not going too. that one belongs to me.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #235
mrhino
Account Suspended

I start a new job this morning. Didn't have much luck with the truck over the weekend. tried to bleed the brakes and damn near every junction I put in was leaking. tightened all those up, and the Proportioning valve started leaking. There is a little rubber seal in the back of the valve it started leaking. got no Idea what its for or why its there. going to call CPP today and find out what it is and why is leaking. I'll get some more pics up here as soon as I can.

Last edited by mrhino; 12-13-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #236
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post
I start a new job this morning.
Congrats and good luck!

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #237
coggonobrien

so does new job = keeping truck?
coggonobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #238
smokinstang70

I sure hope so... I would really hate to see you have to get rid of this ride. Keep up the great work!!!

Last edited by smokinstang70; 12-13-2010 at 10:00 AM.
smokinstang70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #239
eagleuh1

Good luck with the new job. Hope you enjoy it. Does it have anything to do with trucks or cars, because your definetely good with those.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #240
mrhino
Account Suspended

Thanks everyone. the job is working in a warehouse. no cars or trucks. so far on the first day cant say Im all that excited about it. the guy who hired me, said it was a 8-4 with no lunch everyone worked through their lunch. which is no problem. come to find out just as im getting ready to leave for the day. my manager (not the guy who hired me) says im suppose to stay till 5:30 2 of the nights mon. and Wed. and till 6 on thurs. followed by, that was the reason we hired somebody. I feel like I was just sold a piece of ****, and didnt know it. till I was already out the door. oh well its a job right.

Called CPP today, Cant say much good about that either. Apparently I don't know what I'm doing. this guy says it leaking cause theres air in the line. I should bleed them. I say. Thats what im trying to do and its leaking. He says once I get all the air out. it will stop leaking. I could tell the conversation was going to go any where, so I thank him for his time. Ill let you guys know what I find out. Im going to relax tonight.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #241
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

WOW, A wife that will help? My 8 yr old daughter and 17 yr old son will help all the time, but the wife wouldn't be caught dead working on ol' gray!!! I'm jealous bro! Good luck with the job man.
nasqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #242
72 tigger

The truck is looking good- keep up the nice work! I think you could have a future in reality TV. I've enjoyed your thread- you share the good and the bad (hood falling over,disappointed family at the first engine firing,windshield,etc). Shoot I'd watch your show over Sr. & Jr. anyday! Hope you get the truck finished soon- thanks for the info and entertainment!
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #243
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
The truck is looking good- keep up the nice work! I think you could have a future in reality TV. I've enjoyed your thread- you share the good and the bad (hood falling over,disappointed family at the first engine firing,windshield,etc). Shoot I'd watch your show over Sr. & Jr. anyday! Hope you get the truck finished soon- thanks for the info and entertainment!
lol. Thats cool! I wanted it to be entertaining as well as educational. You know I liked American Chopper when it first came out. it was about the bikes, the ingenuity and creativity. then it got to be about there fighting. and not about the bikes. Ive got to admit I have been watching the new episodes. I hope Pauly succeeds. he seems like hes really trying. Sr. is such a big a$$hole.
The wife read your post and wanted to know what I had been writing about her. she didnt know I had been talking about her and the kids, she thought it was just boring car $h!t. I had to correct her Its Truck $h!t get it right.

The new job has been whooping my tail this past week. I figured its been almost 2 1/2 years since Iv had a 40 work week and about 6 months since iv even had a job. so its taken a few days to get use to it. Finally got back out in the garage after a week hiatus. still working on the brakes trying to get them bleed. sure didn't think it would be this difficult. bench bleed the master again just to make sure. Iv taken the proportioning valve apart twice, to make sure it was working and not leaking. and just when I thought I had it. Apparently I tightened the line that leads to the rear brakes to tight, cause its leaking right at the fitting and proportioning valve. took it off and found that I had cracked the line. so I guess im putting on a new line tomorrow and then try to bleed the brakes again.

Thanks for the Compliments and I will get some more pics up tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #244
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

I agree with the American chopper bs. I was pumped last night to finally to get to watch an episode. Too bad it was a rerun and it was a 04 Christmas one. I saw the preview before the commercials and it was the same ol fighting bs. So I ended up watching cake boss. Funny how that was much more entertaining. I also hope Pauly takes off and does well. Good luck with the brake line battle!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #245
67C10BUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post
lol. Thats cool! I wanted it to be entertaining as well as educational. You know I liked American Chopper when it first came out. it was about the bikes, the ingenuity and creativity. then it got to be about there fighting. and not about the bikes. Ive got to admit I have been watching the new episodes. I hope Pauly succeeds. he seems like hes really trying. Sr. is such a big a$$hole.
The wife read your post and wanted to know what I had been writing about her. she didnt know I had been talking about her and the kids, she thought it was just boring car $h!t. I had to correct her Its Truck $h!t get it right.

The new job has been whooping my tail this past week. I figured its been almost 2 1/2 years since Iv had a 40 work week and about 6 months since iv even had a job. so its taken a few days to get use to it. Finally got back out in the garage after a week hiatus. still working on the brakes trying to get them bleed. sure didn't think it would be this difficult. bench bleed the master again just to make sure. Iv taken the proportioning valve apart twice, to make sure it was working and not leaking. and just when I thought I had it. Apparently I tightened the line that leads to the rear brakes to tight, cause its leaking right at the fitting and proportioning valve. took it off and found that I had cracked the line. so I guess im putting on a new line tomorrow and then try to bleed the brakes again.

Thanks for the Compliments and I will get some more pics up tomorrow.
Please give any tips that you may have come across when installing the new CPP master cylinder/booster. I just bought the same setup and I am worried after reading your post.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #246
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10BUB View Post
Please give any tips that you may have come across when installing the new CPP master cylinder/booster. I just bought the same setup and I am worried after reading your post.
I wouldn't worry to much. Iv used them (CPP proportioning valve) before and never had a problem. I dont really have any tips to give you on the CPP M/C setup, cause I didnt use one of there kits. Being in the parts business for 20 some years iv learned what works with what. just like the my front and rear calipers, rotors bearings seals and all that stuff. Its a mix match of Firebird, Camaro, truck, impala and others. For example the four wheel disc brake M/C they sell for $80 or so

is the same one I got at the local parts store for a 78 corvette and its $17.
shoot it with little paint and a chrome cap from a swap meet and it looks like a million bucks, well maybe not a million.

Dont get me wrong I Think CPP's stuff is ok. Over the years Iv just learned what parts seam to work and it saves me some money. The Proportioning valves on the other hand, I cant seam to find them at the parts store so I watch ebay and they will sell them pretty cheap from time to time.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #247
67C10BUB

I really wish I had known this info before I paid the money for the kit, but live and learn. Thanks for the info anyway. Do you have to do anything with the safety switch when bench bleeding the master cylinder? CPP sells a plug that supposedly makes so you don't have to "reset" the switch when done.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #248
allengator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasqar View Post
Alf loves it!!!!
This build is better than a BLT.. a Bacon Lucky and Tomato!

1980 Chevy SWB Pickup (build thread)

1951 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71
2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
allengator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #249
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10BUB View Post
I really wish I had known this info before I paid the money for the kit, but live and learn. Thanks for the info anyway. Do you have to do anything with the safety switch when bench bleeding the master cylinder? CPP sells a plug that supposedly makes so you don't have to "reset" the switch when done.
well thats the problem Im having. it wants to kick in the safety switch. it recognizes no pressure and activates the switch. I been tacking it apart to reset it. I didn't know about the plug. this is the first time iv even had this issue. I dont think I had the M/C completely bench bled. either that or my cheap ass autozone M/c is not working correctly. That maybe the the price I pay for cheaper parts. the last time I re bench bled the M/C and reset the switch, is when that line started leaking. I have tomorrow off and no place to go, so I will get to the bottom of it tomorrow and let you know what I come up with.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #250
jgrisafi
Velocity Speed Shop

Did you ever say the name of the color paint you used on the truck? Just curious.

---------------------------------------------------
My Build Thread ..... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=288143

My Garage ..... http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/OCD69
jgrisafi is offline   Reply With Quote