The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #326
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
I see where you're going with this so enough of the teaser pics and lets see some with it done (looks good).
Kim
Teasing... lol. Really you are the one teasing us. You have such an amazing build we are impatiently waiting to see the finished product.

Yeah when I get some time I will post some more pics. I am slow about posting a lot of stuff coz when you see it in the rough it doesn't look to good and when I see the craftsmanship of the other stuff like yours I back pedal, There is a method to my madness and I know when some see the photos or what I'm using and my reason why, the reaction might be ... what the hell is he doing

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #327
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Toy chest View Post
There is a method to my madness and I know when some see the photos or what I'm using and my reason why, the reaction might be ... what the hell is he doing
Look here man I told you before it does not matter what other people think. It does not matter how good or talented other people are, just do what you do and post the dang pictures and stop whining about it.

I'm going to talk to you on this board how I talk to you in person without the curse words of course because I'm trying to be a gentleman (Not possible I know).lol Plus you knew when you typed that I was going to open my big mouth, now post the dang pictures.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #328
BC Toy chest

Working on getting a lower stance, C-notching the frame and rear suspension mods. There is a lot more pictures to post, only post a few for now and lots more work to be done. some of the pictures are just mock up only and everything comes back out. Last thing to be done is to finish boxing the bed portion of the frame.

I didn't trust my 110 mig welder or my skills for this operation so I had Kabwe bring his 220 mig over to my house and help me install my c-notch plates. The frame was not sliced in half to do this. Because I dropped the ball and did not take enough photos of each step, on another web site , some one asked the question ........ (you going to fish plate where you put in the c notch? Those sharp (square) edges seem like they will want to crack where they are welded into the frame.)
The ANSWER:
The top of the original frame is still intact and the square pieces are welded to it under that top piece. The top piece only joins the two sides at the top. If you look at the piece closely you can see the HAZ and weld penetration from when Kabwe welded inside the box. Its forming the arch of the original frame.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-27-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #329
BC Toy chest

Working on getting a lower stance, C-notching the frame and rear suspension mods. There is a lot more pictures to post, only post a few for now and lots more work to be done. some of the pictures are just mock up only and everything comes back out. Last thing to be done is to finish boxing the bed portion of the frame.

I didn't trust my 110 mig welder or my skills for this operation so I had Kabwe bring his 220 mig over to my house and help me install my c-notch plates. The frame was not sliced in half to do this. Because I dropped the ball and did not take enough photos of each step, on another web site , some one asked the question ........ (you going to fish plate where you put in the c notch? Those sharp (square) edges seem like they will want to crack where they are welded into the frame.)
The ANSWER:
The top of the original frame is still intact and the square pieces are welded to it under that top piece. The top piece only joins the two sides at the top. If you look at the piece closely you can see the HAZ and weld penetration from when Kabwe welded inside the box. Its forming the arch of the original frame.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-27-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #330
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Look here man I told you before it does not matter what other people think. It does not matter how good or talented other people are, just do what you do and post the dang pictures and stop whining about it.

I'm going to talk to you on this board how I talk to you in person without the curse words of course because I'm trying to be a gentleman (Not possible I know).lol Plus you knew when you typed that I was going to open my big mouth, now post the dang pictures.
YEAH YEAH, OK , OK, HAHAHA.... I tell ya though I see the talent out there and I think man o man back to the drawing board, lol. I find out more people are looking then I thought so I get these PM's from people on here and Flickr coz they are asking questions about how I did something or did I consider doing it this way.... most times I get a note back that says " ohhh I should have waited to see the other pictures you posted. One PM said OHHHH now I see what you are doing.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #331
ratty 46

Hey BC,

Sold the crew after I got it finished. 6 gallons a mile wasn't gett'n it done. Although it didn't do any worse pulling my enclosed trailer.

I picked up, from the original owner, a off topic 1996 Indy pace dodge ram 1500. 1 of 2802. Great driver & it pulls the trailer fairly EZ.

I'm also almost finished with my vintage "barn find" 64 fairlane sedan super stocker. I'll post some pix when I get my pc fixed - been working off the wife's IPad.

Way to improvise on the notch.

R46
Posted via Mobile Device
ratty 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #332
Kim57

Looking good.
Kim
Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #333
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty 46 View Post
Hey BC,

Sold the crew after I got it finished. 6 gallons a mile wasn't gett'n it done. Although it didn't do any worse pulling my enclosed trailer.

I picked up, from the original owner, a off topic 1996 Indy pace dodge ram 1500. 1 of 2802. Great driver & it pulls the trailer fairly EZ.

I'm also almost finished with my vintage "barn find" 64 fairlane sedan super stocker. I'll post some pix when I get my pc fixed - been working off the wife's IPad.

Way to improvise on the notch.

R46
Posted via Mobile Device
By all means drop me a note when you post pictures of the Fairlane, sure would like to see that.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #334
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Looking good.
Kim
Thanks Kim.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #335
BC Toy chest

The NoLimit rear leaf springs, Posie Sliders brought it down a little more then I anticipated, but got a fix for that and may have to do some minor mods to my rear shock cross member. The springs are reversed eye on the rear and standard eye on the front and are designed with a different spring rate capacity from the OE to give you that down in the weeds stance. Now my truck sits level front and back.

A couple more photos before I put it back together for mock up.

About the photos-I didn't trust my 110 mig welder or my skills for this operation so I had Kabwe bring his 220 mig over to my house and help me install my c-notch plates. The frame was not sliced in half to do this. Because I dropped the ball and did not take enough photos of each step, on another web site , some one asked the question ........ (you going to fish plate where you put in the c notch? Those sharp (square) edges seem like they will want to crack where they are welded into the frame.)
The ANSWER:
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-28-2013 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:46 AM   #336
BC Toy chest

Before I post any more pics of my project here are some recent pics I took of some wicked looking rydes for your viewing pleasure

Some Bow ties and Jimmys at the 21st annual California Hot Rod Reunion 2012.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-28-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 AM   #337
BC Toy chest

Before I post any more pics of my project here are some recent pics I took of some wicked looking rydes for your viewing pleasure

Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-28-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #338
BC Toy chest

Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-28-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #339
BC Toy chest

Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-28-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #340
BC Toy chest

Some Bow ties and Jimmys at the 21st annual California Hot Rod Reunion 2012 and some 1/4 mile ground shakers.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-28-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #341
BC Toy chest

Some Bow ties and Jimmys at the 21st annual California Hot Rod Reunion 2012 and some 1/4 mile ground shakers.
The next photos are of Kustombrad and his truck as a push truck for the Bishop and Buehl fuel Altered team at the Bakersfield California Hot Rod Reunion Cacklefest.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/member.php?u=47804

Standing up in the back of the truck is chevyrestoguy
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 02-28-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #342
SSABMUD

Good work on the notch gentlemen. You guys are so lucky to whip open the garage door and work on your truck. Nice welding duds Kabwe has! Doesn't even wear a hat to protect his pumpkin.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #343
Kim57

Cool pics.
thanks for posting.
Kim
Old 02-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #344
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSABMUD View Post
Good work on the notch gentlemen. You guys are so lucky to whip open the garage door and work on your truck. Nice welding duds Kabwe has! Doesn't even wear a hat to protect his pumpkin.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ask BC where was he when I was working on his truck. Just ask him and see what kind of buddy he is.lol

BC when I said stay out of my way, I did not mean to leave me alone in the backyard with all your dogs.lol I had my plasma cutter, and cut off wheels ready just in case they got out the of dog run.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 02-28-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #345
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Ask BC where was he when I was working on his truck. Just ask him and see what kind of buddy he is.lol

BC when I said stay out of my way, I did not mean to leave me alone in the backyard with all your dogs.lol I had my plasma cutter, and cut off wheels ready just in case they got out the of dog run.lol
Here you go again making me out to be the loser friend. The dogs were locked up and I told you I was driving the church van to pick up the kids for their Christmas play rehearsal .... so didn't I come back between runs and take these pictures of you doing the welding what more did you need?

Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #346
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSABMUD View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for dropping by Wade. I even got a picture of him tack welding without a helmet on another web site. He closed his eyes, lol.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #347
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Thanks for dropping by Wade. I even got a picture of him tack welding without a helmet on another web site. He closed his eyes, lol.
Who me? Anit no shame in my game brotha.lol Just don't do as I do, do as I say and you will be okay. Please don't let my wife see this she would lose it.lol You know how she is when it comes to me. Talk about overly protective.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #348
Rods57

Quote:
Who me? Anit no shame in my game brotha.lol Just don't do as I do, do as I say and you will be okay. Please don't let my wife see this she would lose it.lol You know how she is when it comes to me. Talk about overly protective.
See now lets look at that as an opportunity, " I would say " look honey my helmet is not very good and I didn't want to burden you with spending more money..." Boom, new helmet.

Frame is looking good!
Rods57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #349
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rods57 View Post
See now lets look at that as an opportunity, " I would say " look honey my helmet is not very good and I didn't want to burden you with spending more money..." Boom, new helmet.

Frame is looking good!
Truth be told the reason he did not have a helmet , was they didn't have helmets that fit his fat head at that time

Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #350
SSABMUD

Quote:
Guess I am not a good one to talk about shop safety after I peeled a foot of skin of my arm in a grinder accident. Then got a blood disease after not running to the doctor and almost losing that arm. Anyway, you are very lucky to have a buddy like Kabwe to help out. My buddies are so far away when I'm doing something, the FBI could not find them.
Posted via Mobile Device