The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #351
Orangetonicclicc

Re: 1967 C10 Urban Retro

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  33.8 KB

I went back and forth on the gauges and the style of the dash plate. I decided to go black with chrome trim to accent my chrome column and custom snake print steering wheel. I thought it would mesh. And give me a well balance the look. I think the silver alloy gauges really makes it pop, the blue led's when lite up will take it to a hole new level. I go with really subtle blue accents like my brake calipers because my paint actually has a blue pearl! Still don't know what I want to do with the glove box door.

Last edited by Orangetonicclicc; 11-03-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Orangetonicclicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #352
Bodhi

Dude this truck is absolutely AMAZING!!! Great Job inside and out!
3/4 Ton Axles
35" BF Goodrich
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #353
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
Dude this truck is absolutely AMAZING!!! Great Job inside and out!
Thank you sir!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #354
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 778
Size:  86.5 KB

Operation fuel line is under way!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #355
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 777
Size:  83.8 KB

Custom Carburetor to Fuel Pump Fuel line. Have to get a 1/4 inch male to 3/8 female fitting coming off the pump. But looks like it may be a great solid application!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #356
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 775
Size:  57.0 KB

Even though this is not a high powered motor, because of this AN fitting experiment I thought it was very important to monitor my fuel pressure so I incorporated the pressure Guage. Plus it just looks good too!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #357
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 772
Size:  112.0 KB

Question for the experts! I'm going with a stainless tube. I was told that the AN Fitting would eliminate the need to flare the ends. My question is can these brass ferrules compress and seal on a stainless tube? When I worked in the oil business, we typically used a swage lock fitting stainless to stainless. I'm concerned this may not work and I sure want to find out before I go any further. I will spend the rest of the night researching it myself.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #358
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 779
Size:  97.3 KB

Based on my research the AN fitting should work if installed properly.

Here is a link that was very helpful
http://www.srigc.com/Ferrules.pdf
Old 11-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #359
Orangetonicclicc

Sometimes this project can really overwhelm me. Mainly because of my lack of ability or my know how. At times I find myself frustrated. Some of you guys are awe inspiring. That's why Im so humbled when you gentlemen pay me a compliment. I will say this. First and for most I always try and find refuge through God when life gets tough. When the world beats on you. When you go through with tough times in your family, and your job and co-workers begin to stress you out. These trucks are such a stress reliever or an escape! What a great day it will be when the trials and tribulations of life begin to get the best of me and I can just turn on my gospel music and cruise the country side. I had a older cousin, that I loved very much! My passion for cars and trucks came from him. His favorite color was charcoal gray. That's the origin of my color for my truck. I always dreamed of the day I would go by and let him see the truck and we go for a ride together. Unfortunately he passed a little over a year ago. I miss him. He was the best! Getting closer!

Views: 843
Size:  93.1 KB

Last edited by Orangetonicclicc; 11-06-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:10 AM   #360
WiggyHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetonicclicc View Post
Sometimes this project can really overwhelm me. Mainly because of my lack of ability or my know how. At times I find myself frustrated. Some of you guys are awe inspiring. That's why Im so humbled when you gentlemen pay me a compliment. I will say this. First and for most I always try and find refuge through God when life gets tough. When the world beats on you. When you go through with tough times in your family, and your job and co-workers begin to stress you out. These trucks are such a stress reliever or an escape! What a great day it will be when the trials and tribulations of life begin to get the best of me and I can just turn on my gospel music and cruise the country side. I had a older cousin, that I loved very much! My passion for cars and trucks came from him. His favorite color was charcoal gray. That's the origin of my color for my truck. I always dreamed of the day I would go by and let him see the truck and we go for a ride together. Unfortunately he passed a little over a year ago. I miss him. He was the best! Getting closer!

Attachment 1320702
Good words! Gold City, Ernie Hasse, Gaither Vocal Band, Brian Free, just some of my favorites. Got to have a subwoofer to appreciate some of them. I'm trying to put together a quartet myself. Gospel is good.

Mark
Old 11-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #361
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 732
Size:  23.5 KB

I try to do a little bit on my truck everyday whether big or small. My radiator retainers weren't sitting flush so I made some rubber shims off some high temp gaskets...
Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #362
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 725
Size:  53.2 KB

I'm going to take that high temp rubber gasket material and put a piece under the radiator cover. There's a gap in between and I think it will help and eliminate that metal to metal problem.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #363
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 813
Size:  109.7 KB

My fuel filter that Im placing on the frame underneath the truck spliced will give me an easy change out with the application of my AN fitting to my stainless tubes. May be some over kill because of the price but, I like the look even though no one can see it! Lol! Yea! I know STUPID!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #364
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 729
Size:  30.5 KB

Still patiently waiting for a template for my hood letters. I go to the mail box wishing and hoping everyday. Decided to to at least open the holes up for the 2 that I could make out! I know my C-10 Brothers will come through! I know have it is to get swamped. So I will just wait!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #365
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 716
Size:  50.3 KB

Sold my headers to my co-worker a couple days ago. The fit to the motor was perfect with my CPP Tubular Motor Mounts. But the full length concerned me under the truck with my static drop. I don't have an aggressive drop but those headers sure were low. Hedman makes a shorty version. Crazy thing is, they are more expensive? How is that possible? You have less metal? Well I'm getting those and the American Thunder Flowmaster C-10 kit in stainless from Summit Racing. The only thing I was wondering is, if the exhaust kit will have enough pieces to accommodate the short header. With those super 40 series mufflers. Man that's going to be a great sound! I've owned a pair of those and they sound great! Check out this link!

http://youtu.be/o30gliOvH5M
Old 11-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #366
Xeen

You may want to consider a pair of stainless 10" resonators to take the sass out of the exhaust noise that way you get great pure sound and can talk to the person sitting next to you with a normal speaking voice.
I got mine from Allen's stainless exhaust, here's a link.
http://stores.ebay.com/allensstainlessexhaust/
Old 11-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #367
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
You may want to consider a pair of stainless 10" resonators to take the sass out of the exhaust noise that way you get great pure sound and can talk to the person sitting next to you with a normal speaking voice.
I got mine from Allen's stainless exhaust, here's a link.
http://stores.ebay.com/allensstainlessexhaust/
Nah... This is one product I'm familiar with and love! I had some on my 69 and I loved them. The 40 series are perfect for me and my wants and needs! Thanks!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #368
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 690
Size:  73.6 KB

Spent most of the day trying to get the shop clean and organized! Spent years converting it to a boxing gym so I guess it may take a little longer than I thought switching it back! But in between that I took off all my preexisting brake and fuel lines. I think I maybe able to use them as a pattern to bend my new fuel lines. My brake lines from POL will be here Monday! I also put all the components and hardware needed for my steering column.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #369
RRC

Quote:
Attachment 1321026

My fuel filter that Im placing on the frame underneath the truck spliced will give me an easy change out with the application of my AN fitting to my stainless tubes. May be some over kill because of the price but, I like the look even though no one can see it! Lol! Yea! I know STUPID!!!
Truck is looking good!!! I also like the parts know one else can see, those are the things that make building vehicles fun!!!

Instagram: http://instagram.com/rockylakekustoms

Rocky Lake Kustoms

Russ
RRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #370
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRC View Post
Truck is looking good!!! I also like the parts know one else can see, those are the things that make building vehicles fun!!!
That makes me feel better! Good to know I'm not alone! Thanks!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:04 PM   #371
Orangetonicclicc

Extremely disappointed in the Performance Online (POL) pre-bent brake line kit. I had several conversation with the salesman Kraig Herrera. I asked several questions pertaining to what all came with the kit in the way of fittings. If there were any thing that I may have to buy to complete the installation. He insured me with the purchase of my previous disc brake kit. That all components would be there. Unfortunately as soon as I received my package I noticed that one line was labeled manual drum and my set up is full disc power. I got the run around all day and then was just told "it will work with no technical explanation. No T-fittings and no install instructions. I will be sending this kit back tomorrow! It amazes me how respectful these guys are until they get your money and then you are left on hold all day and never reply to your emails. Well this is the world we live in! Smh... Very discourage lately. Sometimes I just want to sell this thing and be done with it!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #372
sduckworth13

Quote:
Extremely disappointed in the Performance Online (POL) pre-bent brake line kit. I had several conversation with the salesman Kraig Herrera. I asked several questions pertaining to what all came with the kit in the way of fittings. If there were any thing that I may have to buy to complete the installation. He insured me with the purchase of my previous disc brake kit. That all components would be there. Unfortunately as soon as I received my package I noticed that one line was labeled manual drum and my set up is full disc power. I got the run around all day and then was just told "it will work with no technical explanation. No T-fittings and no install instructions. I will be sending this kit back tomorrow! It amazes me how respectful these guys are until they get your money and then you are left on hold all day and never reply to your emails. Well this is the world we live in! Smh... Very discourage lately. Sometimes I just want to sell this thing and be done with it!
We are all rooting for you to get this bad boy done your doing a awesome job! You might just want to take some pressure off and scratch your deadline because it will surely give you anxiety. Ask me how I know that's why I sold my project for something I can drive and work on.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #373
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
We are all rooting for you to get this bad boy done your doing a awesome job! You might just want to take some pressure off and scratch your deadline because it will surely give you anxiety. Ask me how I know that's why I sold my project for something I can drive and work on.
I really don't care about the deadline Scott, I been working on this thing for going on 9 years. It's more frustration on the part of me. I sometimes feel stupid because of my lack of knowledge and experience in this stuff. Then on top of that! The blatant disrespect of ones time and money by these individuals. But as I go through the threads, I see that it's just not me. Which is very disheartening from the stand point of someone as green as I am, who just wants to do it the right way! Willing to pay the extra for what I want and need but always getting the shaft. It's going to be a long and expensive winter! I can tell! ��
Old 11-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #374
Orangetonicclicc

Come to find out, POL is just the vendor for Fineline Tubing. I got in touch with a tech guy. Evidently majority of my lines go to the prop valve. He emailed me this generic install sheet. It actually help out a lot til I got to the (To Right Front Brake 3/8-24 Thread) line. All the other matched and were bent really good. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  32.2 KB
Old 11-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #375
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 593
Size:  29.7 KB

As I said all the lines match up pretty well to the bends with the frame coming off the prop valve. I have to call Rick from Finelines tomorrow about this other tube? That's suppose to go in the right front brake line??