The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #376
lowdownstar
big guy

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

You and me work a lot a like lol i do the scrap metal at work as well. I take as much over time as they will give me and over the years my health went to **** from it, so now i do as much as my body will let me, i just lost 80lbs and been working out trying to save whats left. Anyway yes the truck has a 4 link in it, i am going to post a couple a pictures of where i am now so you can see what i am working on. I would love to cut the rear end down and i hope to some day, right now i just want to get it up and running and have it setup for the big tires, "tubbed" I was hopping or should i say trying to get away with it without having to go that far! but you are right take it one step at a time and keep moving forward. I am going to reuse these tires and wheels for this year, and get the bed ready for when i do have the money to cut the housing down. Thanks and no you did offend me, you just help me see the truth, i knew it, i just wanted to get away with doing it the wrong way 'cheap". And you are right i will be better off in the long run. so today i am going to weld up the sides and get rid of the latch openings and fix the tail gate. maybe start on the tubbes i have them just have to figure out how to make them work. Thanks and yes i love that red truck too....
Attached Images

lowdownstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #377
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

lowdownstar,

You've been holding out on us as far as the pics. I agree completely with BC take your time and do it the way you really want. Lord knows I don't want to spend a ton of money on my rides either but certain things can not be helped because I have to have the look I want or it is all a waste of time and effort. Its easy to build something you don't want, its much harder to take your time and do it the way you want.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #378
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownstar View Post
You and me work a lot a like lol i do the scrap metal at work as well. I take as much over time as they will give me and over the years my health went to **** from it, so now i do as much as my body will let me, i just lost 80lbs and been working out trying to save whats left. Anyway yes the truck has a 4 link in it, i am going to post a couple a pictures of where i am now so you can see what i am working on. I would love to cut the rear end down and i hope to some day, right now i just want to get it up and running and have it setup for the big tires, "tubbed" I was hopping or should i say trying to get away with it without having to go that far! but you are right take it one step at a time and keep moving forward. I am going to reuse these tires and wheels for this year, and get the bed ready for when i do have the money to cut the housing down. Thanks and no you did offend me, you just help me see the truth, i knew it, i just wanted to get away with doing it the wrong way 'cheap". And you are right i will be better off in the long run. so today i am going to weld up the sides and get rid of the latch openings and fix the tail gate. maybe start on the tubbes i have them just have to figure out how to make them work. Thanks and yes i love that red truck too....
OHHHH YEAH, THIS IS NICE. Just think man, most of the work has been done , you are saving a boat load of $$$$$$, coz all you have to worry about is narrowing the housing and getting the axles, wheels and tires you want, opening up the bed sides. I guess you have adjustable height coil-overs and you all ready got disc brakes. Your tank and fuel lines seem to be done. Yeah you're cookin' with gas now bro . You will not be out of much money compared to those who have to start with a totally stock frame & suspension.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #379
lowdownstar
big guy

Thanks guys i needed that, i don't want to do it twice i want that pro-street look i've always wanted, but never had the money to do it, and your right i am half way there so why not. I am going to call moser and see what it would cost to have my rear cut down, also there is a guy here in town that is big into racing maybe i can get some help from him. It would be nice to know and see how much money it's going to cost me. Anyway spent the day welding up the bed and tail gate so that is one more thing done. I need to cut the bed sides but i am running into one side not matching the other so till i figure that out i am not cutting anything. I have lots of other things to work on. Thanks again guys for your help and support, i will have a cool pro-street truck just not this year!

Thanks again to both of you.

Ray
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #380
BC Toy chest

Quote:
..........I have lots of other things to work on. Thanks again guys for your help and support, i will have a cool pro-street truck just not this year!

Ray
You're welcome. The two things you should avoid in your garage is......... a calendar, and a clock. Don't set a rigid completion date you will disappoint yourself The only reason you look at that clock is to see if it's close to dinner time.

BC

Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #381
lowdownstar
big guy

Are you kidding me lol I know when it's lunch time i am a state worker! I think i am going to start a build thread so i can look back at where i've been, that way i can see how far i've come.

Thanks again guys and have a great day

Ray
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #382
mknittle

Quote:
Are you kidding me lol I know when it's lunch time i am a state worker! I think i am going to start a build thread so i can look back at where i've been, that way i can see how far i've come.

Thanks again guys and have a great day

Ray
love To see it ray.

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #383
mknittle

Quote:
Kim thanks for the heads up on that, one more thing i need to check out....
It never stops, evertime you try and do one thing "i" and up doing ten. But i do want to do it right and have it come out so it's fun to drive! That is my main goal.

Thanks guys

Ray
I call that the snowball effect.

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #384
lowdownstar
big guy

one thing always leads to another! It crazy but it's so true.....

Ray
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #385
Tanman

Bc you are doing an awesome job. Keep up the great work. I cant wait to see this one when you are finished.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #386
1Bad62Pro/Street
"Where were you in '62?"

Thumbs up Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Nice work Bud!
Hmmmm... Suicide Doors on your list to do? Teehee

What Are You Workin' On? - 1Bad62ChevyPickup
PROJECT: "TYRANNORAMBLER REX"
1969 AMC Rambler American Nostalgia Pro/Street
Youtube Channel: Father Son Projects
Youtube Channel: 2TIMOTHY2FITHTEEN

"North and South Carolina Folks Click Here!"
(((( ~ I have Parts For Sale & Miscellaneous Stuff ~ ))))

"Well being as there's no other place around the place,
I reckon this must be the place, I reckon...Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" -Curly Howard Ph.D.
1Bad62Pro/Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #387
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
Bc you are doing an awesome job. Keep up the great work. I cant wait to see this one when you are finished.
Thanks Tanman, and looking forward to seeing more of your truck. I like those wheels and that stance.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #388
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad62Pro/Street View Post
[FONT="Courier New"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"][B]Nice work Bud!
Hmmmm... Suicide Doors on your list to do? Teehee
Thank you 1Bad62. I was looking at all that work you did for the suicide drs. That is some gr8 work. Afraid not that is a little beyond my skill level, lol. I really did consider it but I saw all the work involved and said that's for another project. There are so many different ideas and mods on this site. I would have to have at least 4 55-59 trucks to do all the different styles/themes I would like to have.

Kabwe and I know a guy that is trying to do everything to his truck. I kid you not. His truck will be part Kustom ( it all ready has a chop top), part pro street, part NASCAR truck series/pro touring, part rat rod. He says, we will never see another truck like it. I hope he's right

Old 04-07-2013, 04:19 AM   #389
Tanman

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #390
chevyrestoguy

Brian-
It's good to see you back on your truck! I like Pro Street vehicles, and your truck is right up my alley.

Hopefully, there will come a day when we both quit being spectators and start become participants at shows! My '64 is coming together (hopefully done before Bakersfield in October), and the '55 is going to be next after that's done. Since I put it aside, I have got some new ideas brewing in my head on the '55.

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #391
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Brian-
It's good to see you back on your truck! I like Pro Street vehicles, and your truck is right up my alley.

Hopefully, there will come a day when we both quit being spectators and start become participants at shows! My '64 is coming together (hopefully done before Bakersfield in October), and the '55 is going to be next after that's done. Since I put it aside, I have got some new ideas brewing in my head on the '55.
Thanks chevyrestoguy. Not trying to make your head swell but u know your '55 truck is my favorite on here.

I have had the truck in a few shows but I guess I only posted pictures on here of the cruz nites. LOL when I'm at a show I'm usually running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to see everything and take pictures of other really kool rydes. Some of my worst pics of the show are the ones I took of my own truck, lol.

One thing I will be working on as I near completion is getting my truck to run cooler in heavy traffic. I have a U.S. Radiator and a mechanical fan with a shroud and a pusher electric fan. My compression is about 10.7:1 and a long stay in heavy traffic it starts to climb. cruising at a steady 25-30 mph in moderately heavy traffic It does fine. On the open Hywy it won't go over 175°. I am afraid of depending on an electric fan by it self (but might try it with a better one) coz I had a bad experience with a friends car whenthe electric fan relay went out and the shop I use use to manage we saw our share of burned up engines and trans when the electric fans failed. I am going to make a more efficient aluminum shroud for starters, and do some more home work on that Lincoln Mark VIII electric fan.But I know "me"..... once my truck is fully up and running again, I will put the fan issue on the back burner, and just want to drive it then, I'll want to spend my money on new gears for the rear and a Holley 830cfm no choke with annular discharge. Or maybe I will try the Edelbrock AVS 800cfm. I may have to come to your house for tuning issues, your motor looks like it's ready to kick some serious butt. Lord knows I can use all the help I can get

Old 04-25-2013, 04:05 AM   #392
BC Toy chest

The never ending project. Been lazy about giving explanation on what I'm doing just follow the pics. It will make more since later. Doing some mock up fitting too.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 AM   #393
BC Toy chest

The never ending project. Been lazy about giving explanation on what I'm doing just follow the pics. It will make more since later. Doing some mock up fitting too.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 04-25-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #394
BC Toy chest

The never ending project. Been lazy about giving explanation on what I'm doing just follow the pics. It will make more since later. Doing some mock up fitting too. Some one on here asked to see a picture of my '68 Pontiac Tempest wagon, so that's it in the last shot.
Attached Images

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 04-25-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #395
lowdownstar
big guy

wow truck looks great

Ray
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #396
Kim57

Looking good.
Kim
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #397
ratty 46

BC - looks like your building a cheap mans CALTRAC.

Looking good.
ratty 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #398
BC Toy chest

Thanks Lowdownstar & Kim.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #399
BC Toy chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty 46 View Post
BC - looks like your building a cheap mans CALTRAC.

Looking good.
Thanks, the set up is from No Limit Engineering, but I had to make some minor changes to make it work with my lower shock mounts. I think your description of it is a good one. I was kind of thinking CALTRAC myself when I first got it. It's adjustable but a ridged assembly, with any movement handled by the rear shackles.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #400
rhd_c10

great work on the truck..

1964 CHEVROLET BISCAYNE 350CI/TH-350
1968 CHEVROLET C-10 SWB LS1/4L60E
rhd_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote