The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #451
sgaylord
Project collector

Re: Project "Jezebel"

Quote:
knomadd
That interior looks nice! Cool custom glove box emblem too. How'd you make that?
Another member on the forum made it for me. Send me a PM and I will give you his name.

Quote:
mcbassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgaylord View Post
Here's another small update.

Finally have the interior done. FYI that's a cover on my steering wheel to protect it from my dirty hands.

Here is a closeup of my glove box emblem.

Finally my 57 Chevy emblem 3rd brake light.

What do you guys think?
Very cool
Very cool
and Very cool
Seriously I love all the custom touches. Nothing like separating yourself from the pack. That glovebox emblem might be my favorite.
Thanks Mike

I have to be honest, the emblem wasn't an original idea. I got the idea from what Rob did to Superburb. Props to Rob!

Steve

2020 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax
2016 Harley Street Glide CVO

Roll Tide!
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #452
jmedero

Sweet man. Looks killer.

You sell your Burb yet?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #453
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
jmedero
Sweet man. Looks killer.

You sell your Burb yet?
Thanks Juan.

Nope, not yet. Thought I had it sold but the deal fell through.

Roll Tide!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #454
downbytheriver

Steve, after seeing this thing in person, it's amazing to see the final result. Incredible attention to detail.

Masterpiece!

Hope to have mine ready for Daytona in the spring. We'll have to meet up for the main street cruise at some point in time.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #455
bgood70

Steve that center console turned out nice... The interior really looks great... I can't wait for my ride in it.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #456
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
downbytheriver
Steve, after seeing this thing in person, it's amazing to see the final result. Incredible attention to detail.

Masterpiece!

Hope to have mine ready for Daytona in the spring. We'll have to meet up for the main street cruise at some point in time.
Hey! Thanks for the compliments. While it has taken longer than initially thought it has been a vast leaning experience.

Now that it's on the road we I plan to hit that show soon.

Are you going to Daytona this week? If you do txt me and we will hook up there. If you need my ph # send me a PM.

Quote:
bgood70
Steve that center console turned out nice... The interior really looks great... I can't wait for my ride in it.
11-22-2013 10:49 AM
Thanks Brad.

Roll Tide!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #457
sgaylord
Project collector

More progress! Took Jezebel out for a drive this weekend. Over all I was very impressed. Lots of power, no overheating, tranny shifted perfectly and it tracked strait.

Brad (bgood70) and I took her on the maiden voyage. She put a smile on our faces when she chirped 2nd unexpectedly .

There are still some gremlins to work out but nothing too major. Brakes are a little spongy. Took the MC off again and bled the system from beginning to end starting with bench bleeding but that only provided marginal improvement. I think the pads (4 wheel disk) are needing more heat cycles to burn in. At first the brakes wouldn't lock up even on dirt. After taking her out a couple times I get 4 wheel lockup on dirt but not on pavement. It is improving though. I only have about 5 mile on her now I suspect the brakes will continue to improve. Don't know what's up with that spongy pedal though. It don't go to the floor but it is not solid like it should be.

Another issue I have is with my heater. It's a VA Gen IV. When I turn the heat on it does not turn on the heater control valve to allow hot coolant into the heater core. I suspect there is a wiring issue internal to the unit because when I turn the temp down to 60, the AC clicks and then power is sent to the heater control valve. Kind of bassackwards. Ill call VA today and see what they think. I could have wired something incorrectly but since I only applied power, ground and plugged in their terminals......

Overall so far so good. I'm so stoked. I still have some additional work to do like add my side trim and a few other cosmetic things, I will get to that during the winter.

If anyone from the site is planning to attending the Turkey Rod Run this weekend in Daytona look me up. Ill be in turn 4 next to the garages. My club is North Florida Street Rods. We will have a tent and cooking for the club so we wont be hard to find.

Roll Tide!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #458
mjensen

Let's go through this again...no pictures, no video means it didn't happen...again

All I can day, is this is one incredible ride you have! I'm just hoping mine still looks like a truck by the time I'm done with it

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #459
woodwright
Enjoying left field

What did you do for rear disks? What page is that on?

70 Chevy 4WD "Ultimate Work Truck" SOLD
woodwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #460
bgood70

I was honored to ride in Jezebel for her first run... I will say she looks awesome, sounds sweet, runs great and she did chirp them in second with out much effort. Steve has built a sweet truck...
Old 11-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #461
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
mjensen
Let's go through this again...no pictures, no video means it didn't happen...again

All I can day, is this is one incredible ride you have! I'm just hoping mine still looks like a truck by the time I'm done with it
Man Mike you are tough! lol Ill take some pics at the speedway this week.

Ive been following your build as well. You have made lots of progress. Keep the faith my brother.

Quote:
woodwright
What did you do for rear disks? What page is that on?
It's 95 Impala SS rear disks. Bought the brackets from a board vendor. I dont see where I posted much about them on the site.

Quote:
bgood70
I was honored to ride in Jezebel for her first run... I will say she looks awesome, sounds sweet, runs great and she did chirp them in second with out much effort. Steve has built a sweet truck...
Thanks Brad

As for the gremlins. Got the heater fixed. It was a hose routing issue. I called VA and the way the heater control valve works is it's open until the AC is turned on. When the AC is turned on power is sent to the control valve to close it.

Roll Tide!
Old 11-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #462
mcbassin
Still Learning

Video! with a small burn out or number 2 chirp
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #463
bevo1929

Just finished reading this, what an awesome build. My son and I just got our first truck to work on. Loved the fact that he wanted a classic truck as oppose to a newer car/truck.
bevo1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #464
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
mcbassin
Video! with a small burn out or number 2 chirp
I can do that Mike. I better wait till it's all broke in first though...

Quote:
bevo1929
Just finished reading this, what an awesome build. My son and I just got our first truck to work on. Loved the fact that he wanted a classic truck as oppose to a newer car/truck.
Thanks bevo for the kind comments. It's great you and your son are going to work on a classic. There is no better bonding experience for a father son in my opinion.

P.S I'm honored that your first post was on my build! Welcome to the site.

Steve

Roll Tide!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #465
mjensen

All ribbing aside, this is one great looking ride. Great job!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #466
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
mjensen
All ribbing aside, this is one great looking ride. Great job!
Thanks Mike

Roll Tide!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #467
sgaylord
Project collector

Well another Turkey Rod Run has come and gone. I was so glad to meet several of you who stopped by to say hello. It's the friendships you make that make this hobby so much worth it.

Ill have to say the Jezebel had a great show. Lots of compliments and she ran like a top. I could not have been more proud of how she performed. She is about 95% complete with just a few things left to work out as I mentioned before. I will take care of those this winter AFTER I help a friend do some metalwork on a 72 burb he just bought. Man, I just cant get away from rust! lol

Here are a couple pics of Jezebel at the show. I also include a pics of my better half and I. It's always good to see faces when you chat back and forth for sometimes years.....

Steve

Name:  20131128_093455.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  43.6 KB
Name:  20131128_093529.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  61.8 KB
Name:  20131128_093458.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  44.8 KB
Name:  20131130_131038-1.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  36.0 KB

Roll Tide!

Last edited by sgaylord; 12-02-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #468
mcbassin
Still Learning

Man your truck turned out great Steve. The paint looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing the pics. Too bad about that game Sat., that had to hurt. You have a new build coming next year?
Old 12-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #469
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
mcbassin
Man your truck turned out great Steve. The paint looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing the pics. Too bad about that game Sat., that had to hurt. You have a new build coming next year?
Thanks Mike. As for the game, well, it was a good run. Perhaps a reality check that we all need from time to time, lol. Lets see if where things go from here.

As for a new build, not immediately. A buddy of mine has a 72 burb he just bought. I'm going to do some metal work on it (inner/outer rockers, wheel arches, door skins, etc). He will take it from there so I don't have to do the bodywork . After that I'm going to revive an old build I started years ago on a 67 SS 396 Chevelle. Most of the metal work and frame are already done (www.67chevelleSS.com). Pretty much panel fitment, bodywork, paint, and interior. Hopefully have it done by next year, but who knows. Jezebel took 3+ years.....

When are you planning to have your build complete?

Roll Tide!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #470
slowcpe

Wow! Simply amazing bodywork. Bookmarking as a reference to when I start on mine. Honestly bodywork is the only real part that scares me about my build. If mine turns out half as nice as yours, I will be happy.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #471
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Thanks Mike. As for the game, well, it was a good run. Perhaps a reality check that we all need from time to time, lol. Lets see if where things go from here.

As for a new build, not immediately. A buddy of mine has a 72 burb he just bought. I'm going to do some metal work on it (inner/outer rockers, wheel arches, door skins, etc). He will take it from there so I don't have to do the bodywork . After that I'm going to revive an old build I started years ago on a 67 SS 396 Chevelle. Most of the metal work and frame are already done (www.67chevelleSS.com). Pretty much panel fitment, bodywork, paint, and interior. Hopefully have it done by next year, but who knows. Jezebel took 3+ years.....

Hey Steve the Chevelle is awesome! I've always wanted one of those, my favorite body style by far. Cool website too. I am looking forward to following the rest of that restoration for sure. My Camaro needs a bunch of rust repair like you did on the rear deck area.

I'm planning on driving my truck 2014. I am knee deep in bodywork, slow as molasses too. However, I have some color on some panels. that is a huge step for me. Hope to get everything ready for a January paint day at LBR's paint booth near me.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #472
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
lowcpe
Wow! Simply amazing bodywork. Bookmarking as a reference to when I start on mine. Honestly bodywork is the only real part that scares me about my build. If mine turns out half as nice as yours, I will be happy.
Thanks for the complement. I will say I learned a lot doing the work myself. I'm sure you will surprise yourself when you are done.

Quote:
Quote:
mcbassin
Quote:

Hey Steve the Chevelle is awesome! I've always wanted one of those, my favorite body style by far. Cool website too. I am looking forward to following the rest of that restoration for sure. My Camaro needs a bunch of rust repair like you did on the rear deck area.

I'm planning on driving my truck 2014. I am knee deep in bodywork, slow as molasses too. However, I have some color on some panels. that is a huge step for me. Hope to get everything ready for a January paint day at LBR's paint booth near me.
Thanks Mike. It's been 10 years since I started that project. Man, I am getting old! Just noticed something funny in one of the pics. The one where my son helping with the cherry picker. He looks like a little kid! He is 25 years old now, lol.

I'm going to hold you to 2014! It gets much better after it's in paint. Perhaps one day we can meet somewhere with the two trucks and discuss all this over a beer or three....

Steve

Roll Tide!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #473
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Thanks for the complement. I will say I learned a lot doing the work myself. I'm sure you will surprise yourself when you are done.

Thanks Mike. It's been 10 years since I started that project. Man, I am getting old! Just noticed something funny in one of the pics. The one where my son helping with the cherry picker. He looks like a little kid! He is 25 years old now, lol.

I'm going to hold you to 2014! It gets much better after it's in paint. Perhaps one day we can meet somewhere with the two trucks and discuss all this over a beer or three....

Steve
Ten years can slip by you quick. I've been on mine since 2009. I did take off most of last year though. I'm going to hold myself to next year even if I have to roll on 15" rally wheels. Maybe on the Hot rod power tour someday......cold beer and these old trucks go together
Old 12-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #474
mjensen

Just awesome! I hope this doesn't mean you're going to drift away from this board.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #475
sgaylord
Project collector

Quote:
mjensen
Just awesome! I hope this doesn't mean you're going to drift away from this board.
No Mike, I'll still be around. I love these trucks too much to drift away. If my burb don't sell I may start a thread for a redo on it. Who knows.

Steve

Roll Tide!