The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #451
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
LOL!!

So with that new notch, how low will your truck sit and will that change your rim and tire size decision?
The truck will be low as I can get it without bags anyway, but the real reason for the change was awhile back I noticed some interference and I only recently felt like fixing it. I let things marinate in my head sometimes while I work on other things.lol
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #452
solidaxel

I like that "Marinate" much better than "Stew"!!!
53 TuTone Extended Cab 350 4-Spd 3:08 (SOLD)
53 Chevy Moldy pearl green ZZ-4 4L60E 9" 3:25
55 GMC 1st Black Mll (ZZ4) ZZ6 TKO 600 5 sp 3:73
62 Solidaxle Corvette Roman Red (327
340hp 4spd 3:36) C4 & C5 suspension tube chassis
LS 3 4L70E
65 Corvette Coupe 327 350hp 4spd 4:11
78 Black Silverado SWB (350/350) 5.3 & 4L60E 3:42
2000 S-Type 3.0 (wife cruiser)
2003 GMC SCSB 5.3 4L60E 3:42
solidaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #453
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
i like that "marinate" much better than "stew"!!!
lol
Old 09-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #454
Ironworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
I don't like the stock bumpers ether. I like the 70's stepside bumpers better but only a little. I really like the one on the Ironworks 57 but it's a one off custom and I don't have those skills. I don't even like how my homemade roll pan looks and it may come off. I keep looking at the 56 Ford bumper and thinking that being square it fits the rear of these trucks better than the chevy version. I also like the look of the last truck but if you look there is a ton of metal work in that, not just the pan but the whole tail section.
The bumper on the rear is just pretty easy to build on the 57 from Ironworks. The hard or expensive part is the Chrome work. The rear bumper as made with the scrap ends from the front bumper and a press broke center section. Then just square it up and weld it together. Any shop should be able to press brake that center section part easily.

Good luck
Ironworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #455
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

There you go OKGMC4 it took a while but your questions about the Ironworks bumper has been answered. I met the crew at a goodguys show and they are all good people. Well they had to be to put up with all my questions.lol
Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 AM   #456
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Thanks man,

How have you been I have not heard from you in a while? Hows your new build going?

Airbags? Nope not this go around. I've learned to never say never so I will say maybe someday, but I'm thinking about bagging the 55 210 I'm completely serious about it to. I don't have the details worked out yet. But I know I will be changing the whole front and rear suspension to something modern and I may want to bag it also.
Been doing good. The Chevelle is coming along. I'm working on the rear end right now, I'm putting a set of 3:73 gears and a Aurburn posi. Your progress is really coming along nicely!
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #457
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL 58 GMC View Post
Been doing good. The Chevelle is coming along. I'm working on the rear end right now, I'm putting a set of 3:73 gears and a Aurburn posi. Your progress is really coming along nicely!
Great man its good to hear you are doing well. I went to a lot of car shows last weekend and man let me tell you there were some clean Chevelles and Novas. Here is of my favorites.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #458
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Great man its good to hear you are doing well. I went to a lot of car shows last weekend and man let me tell you there were some clean Chevelles and Novas. Here is of my favorites.

That Nova is amazing.
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #459
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
That Nova is amazing.
You think? Man you should see it in person it's off the chain. I've been seeing it a lot lately. It was at the Signal Hill, Bellflower, and Belmont Shore Shows. Every time I've seen it I like it even more.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 09-20-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #460
apache200

Man i have been reading your build. your truck is going to be really nice when you get finished. it has gave me inspiration and new ideas to use on my 58 apache. keep up the good work!!!
apache200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #461
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache200 View Post
Man i have been reading your build. your truck is going to be really nice when you get finished. it has gave me inspiration and new ideas to use on my 58 apache. keep up the good work!!!
Thanks man, its very nice that you would take the time to let me know you like my project. The wonderful comments I've receive is a great motivation to me to keep it pushing.

Please post pics and keep us up to date on your 58 apache. We love pictures.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #462
mknittle

Quote:
Thanks man, its very nice that you would take the time to let me know you like my project. The wonderful comments I've receive is a great motivation to me to keep it pushing.

Please post pics and keep us up to date on your 58 apache. We love pictures.
Keep up the good work you have a lot of fans

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #463
ZR2RICK

Your attention to details is what caught my interest when I first looked at your build, wonderful work! my metal working skills are where I need to improve and work like yours has inspired me to keep at it.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #464
ZR2RICK

Kabwe, I see you too have an LS motor, could you post some details on the engine/trans, and on the install itself?
Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #465
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
Keep up the good work you have a lot of fans
Thanks man, but I don't have any fans, they are just car and truck enthusiast like myself. I know there are a lot of people that don't like what I've done to the truck and that's cool also, but I really appreciate all the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2RICK View Post
Your attention to details is what caught my interest when I first looked at your build, wonderful work! my metal working skills are where I need to improve and work like yours has inspired me to keep at it.
Thanks man I really appreciate the compliment.

Quote:
Kabwe, I see you too have an LS motor, could you post some details on the engine/trans, and on the install itself?
I really have not done anything but the motor mounts and transmission mount. I did buy a cam and springs kit, stand alone wiring harness, Fbody oil pan, and a couple of other odds and ins.

My engine is a 2002 5.3. I will be running it with the drive by wire and 4L60E transmission. Here are some pics of how it is mounted. I will be sure to post everything once I get started on it.

Last edited by Kabwe; 09-21-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #466
ZR2RICK

thanks for the pics, in the end I would have been better off building my own mounts, trying to mix and match was a pain. what does your firewall and trans tunnel clearance look like?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #467
ZR2RICK

did you use the original firewall tunnel indent when you replaced the firewall sheetmetal? do you have any detail pics of the firewall work?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #468
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
did you use the original firewall tunnel indent when you replaced the firewall sheetmetal? do you have any detail pics of the firewall work?
I used the original firewall I did not make any changes to it other than to smooth it.

Last edited by Kabwe; 09-28-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #469
FFredo

Kabwe, I haven't posted on your build thread 'till now. But trust me I've read every word you've posted. You are doing a great job of keeping me motivated on my build. Everytime I hit a wall I take a few minutes and check out your build and get back at mine. Even though I don't have your skills your work makes me want to improve mine.
Sometimes I wish I still lived up there, I went to Inglewood elementry. I used to walk over from our house on 112th and Normandy Ave. To give you an idea how long ago that was I remember the school closing the day they killed Dr King.
FFredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #470
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFredo View Post
Kabwe, I haven't posted on your build thread 'till now. But trust me I've read every word you've posted. You are doing a great job of keeping me motivated on my build. Everytime I hit a wall I take a few minutes and check out your build and get back at mine. Even though I don't have your skills your work makes me want to improve mine.
Sometimes I wish I still lived up there, I went to Inglewood elementry. I used to walk over from our house on 112th and Normandy Ave. To give you an idea how long ago that was I remember the school closing the day they killed Dr King.
Thanks man and yeah you are a true homeboy. Man 112th and Normandy that is the hood now man.lol My first apartment was on 106 and Figueroa man I can't believe I lived there you want to talk about rough.lol I grew up on 38th and Normandy also very rough.lol I was 3 when King was killed so you are not that much older.lol

Thank you for all the compliments man sometimes I really don't know what to say. I find it hard to believe that people like the truck that much it just looks like a pile of hard work that's going no where to me sometimes. But you know what they say its nothing to it but to do it, so I will keep chipping away at it.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #471
MrDude_1

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that people like the truck that much it just looks like a pile of hard work that's going no where to me sometimes. But you know what they say its nothing to it but to do it, so I will keep chipping away at it.
I think the reason we all like seeing what each other is doing is BECAUSE we know its hard work. You go on most automotive websites, and see what people bought or bolted on. You come to places like this to see what people have built and created. If it wasnt a pile of hard work, I wouldnt be reading this thread every time someone posts. lol

and I like the phrase "There's nothing to it but to do it." It was said to me when I bought my first car and it broke the first time. Since then, its almost become my motto for working on things.
MrDude_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #472
waybad

sweet,, keep at it!!
waybad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #473
kustombrad

Dude! The truck is looking great! Hopefully next summer we can hang out together again, but as participants instead of just spectators!
Posted via Mobile Device

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=320546
kustombrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #474
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Thanks guys.

MrDude_1,

Heres another one and older rodder told me when I was complaining about how much work it is. He said "Well young man, it wont fix itself".lol Every time I look at it I say that to myself.lol

kustombrad,

It was really nice hanging with you and Terrill Owens (Chevyrestroguy).lol But I know I will be a spectator next year, but I hope you and Chevyrestroguy are participants.

Last edited by Kabwe; 09-22-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typing error
Old 09-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #475
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
I used the original firewall I did not make any changes to the it other than to smooth it.
Thats why my engine never runs, dang gremlins are always under the hood. LOL

You know an old man has to cause trouble once a month.
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote