The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2023, 02:27 PM   #26
jeffahart

Re: Strange Footsteps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
There should be a switch on it for service reasons, right? Either the vandal didn't know that, or they were just being malicious.
Yea, doesn't really sound like vandalism, more like someone is mad.
On another note, regarding pumps. You can trade one in for a rebuilt motor for a quarter of the price of new. I replaced two of my pumps when I move in here. Quiet as a mouse and $125. 4 bolts and three wires... simple. You don't want to know how much people pay to get a new pump put in. As a matter of principal I'm not paying sucker prices!

j
Old 03-23-2023, 03:13 PM   #27
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Yea, doesn't really sound like vandalism, more like someone is mad.
On another note, regarding pumps. You can trade one in for a rebuilt motor for a quarter of the price of new. I replaced two of my pumps when I move in here. Quiet as a mouse and $125. 4 bolts and three wires... simple. You don't want to know how much people pay to get a new pump put in. As a matter of principal I'm not paying sucker prices!

j
Thanks for the info. If it is too loud I'll replace it. I don't want to hear a loud pump either. But they could have just said something to me. Maybe they think I'm a nut like the woman that I bought the house from. From what I've heard she's quite the troublemaker. Guilt by association. Except I don't know her.

But for all I know it could be her. She only moved up the block and she's not all there.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:37 PM   #28
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Thanks for the info. If it is too loud I'll replace it. I don't want to hear a loud pump either. But they could have just said something to me. Maybe they think I'm a nut like the woman that I bought the house from. From what I've heard she's quite the troublemaker. Guilt by association. Except I don't know her.

But for all I know it could be her. She only moved up the block and she's not all there.
Naw, that ain't no old lady back there with wire cutters. That's a man with wherewithal. Put it in your pocket and know that. When you move in and get to know everyone, eventually someone that doesn't like the person will tell you all about it. Then again, you can put in our pocket and keep and eye on him. It's actually kind of funny. Some men are just punks!

j
Old 03-23-2023, 05:46 PM   #29
HO455
Post Whore

Quote:

Or there's someone who doesn't know she's moved.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:55 PM   #30
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Or there's someone who doesn't know she's moved.
I had that thought, too.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:55 PM   #31
special-K
Special Order

for sure you can look to it being someone within ear shot. I'd write up a diplomatic non-accusing yet affirmative note stating you know this was done by a neighbor, and put it as their best option will be to take it up with you because you don't play kindly to vandalism. Carefully worded is the key. There is only one guilt party and if the others care about someone sabotaging their homes I'd think they'd be watching out for you. You could write something to that affect in there. Again, not to start a war with neighbors, just put them in your shoes and let them know you're not the type to roll over for any coward

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-24-2023 at 05:58 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:50 PM   #32
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
for sure you can look to it being someone within ear shot. I'd write up a diplomatic non-accusing yet affirmative note stating you know this was done by a neighbor, and put it as their best option will be to take it up with you because you don't play kindly to vandalism. Carefully worded is the key. There is only one guilt party and the others if the others care about someone sabotaging their homes I'd think they'd be watching out for you. You could write something to that affect in there. Again, not to start a war with neighbors, just put them in your shoes and let them no you're not the type to roll over for any coward
That's a great idea! I personally am waiting to catch that female of canine descent vandalizing our place again and putting a lawsuit on her. I'm not actually a vindictive person, but at some point...

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 01:23 AM   #33
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
That's a great idea! I personally am waiting to catch that female of canine descent vandalizing our place again and putting a lawsuit on her. I'm not actually a vindictive person, but at some point...
I am not a vindictive person either. But there are limits. Someone deliberately causing damage to your personal property and trespassing are unacceptable unless you were once married to them. Then it seems to be okay.

I just can't wait to get the 6 ft. wrought iron fence installed and the dog there. And then that will be that. If anybody manages to get in they aint gonna remember going back out.

The funny thing is that this place is in a really nice neighborhood. My place in Weldon is sketchy at best and I've never had one problem in 7 years. You would think it would be the other way around.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-24-2023, 06:04 AM   #34
special-K
Special Order

The fence and dog will fix it, but I'd still make it clear you know someone did you wrong and they don't even know you yet. You could be their good friend or make them (more) miserable at their own homeplace. No, not striking back. More like fear of the unknown. Your hands don't have to do a thing but make certain phone calls to certain authorities for certain violations no matter how small. Or, it can be you do what you do and I do what I do. But keeping quiet about an obvious act of disrespect will only send a letter of encouragement. Gotta nip it in the bud.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-24-2023, 06:34 AM   #35
sakustoms

Quote:
The fence and dog will fix it, but I'd still make it clear you know someone did you wrong and they don't even know you yet. You could be their good friend or make them (more) miserable at their own homeplace. No, not striking back. More like fear of the unknown. Your hands don't have to do a thing but make certain phone calls to certain authorities for certain violations no matter how small. Or, it can be you do what you do and I do what I do. But keeping quiet about an obvious act of disrespect will only send a letter of encouragement. Gotta nip it in the bud.
If he wasn't in CA I would suggest this simple sign.

sakustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:33 AM   #36
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
The fence and the dog will fix it. As far as right now I've only got a couple of cut wires that have already been fixed and a bad taste in my mouth. Not a big deal.

But I will find out. It's a small town and people just love to run their mouths around here. Or whoever it is will make their presence known by their actions in the future.

For now I'm as quiet as a mouse. I listen and don't say a word. Be careful of the dog that doesn't bark. That's the one that'll bite you.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-26-2023, 05:01 AM   #37
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
If he wasn't in CA I would suggest this simple sign.

That sign would be applicable at my place. Even in California you have the right to own firearms and defend yourself.

When I said if you come in my yard you won't remember going back out I wasn't talking about the dog. My dog is named is Duke not Glock.

I like that sign but I'd never put it up because I don't want to advertise. I have simple "No Trespassing', and "Beware if Dog' signs and a big ole fence on the way. Lights and cameras too.

If I know you then come on in. Have a beer. If I don't know you and it's the middle of the night keep walking. I stay up really late. Wrong house.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-26-2023, 07:28 AM   #38
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
The fence and the dog will fix it. As far as right now I've only got a couple of cut wires that have already been fixed and a bad taste in my mouth. Not a big deal.

But I will find out. It's a small town and people just love to run their mouths around here. Or whoever it is will make their presence known by their actions in the future.

For now I'm as quiet as a mouse. I listen and don't say a word. Be careful of the dog that doesn't bark. That's the one that'll bite you.
I'll be here to see your next story

How about a sign for all to see, "I fixed the wire you cut". People fear dogs and guns, but a bold and blunt person is one to avoid long before the other two come into play. It would say I see you and I'll not be intimidated.

Tim

Old 03-26-2023, 08:11 AM   #39
Wootdog

Blink Security systems are wireless. You can put tape over the equipment then take it off afterward.
As far as the painting in concerned, get you a Wagner Power Painter. It is easy to use and cleanup afterward. Save you a lot of money Paul.
V/R
Kerry
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:51 AM   #40
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
I'll be here to see your next story

How about a sign for all to see, "I fixed the wire you cut". People fear dogs and guns, but a bold and blunt person is one to avoid long before the other two come into play. It would say I see you and I'll not be intimidated.
That's not a bad idea. They wont know if I know its them or not. It kind of insinuates that I know who.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-26-2023, 10:25 AM   #41
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootdog View Post
Blink Security systems are wireless. You can put tape over the equipment then take it off afterward.
As far as the painting in concerned, get you a Wagner Power Painter. It is easy to use and cleanup afterward. Save you a lot of money Paul.
V/R
Kerry
Thanks Kerry. I'll check Blink out.

I'd love to paint it myself but that aint gonna happen. I've been disabled since October and can barely walk let alone paint a house. That's the reason that I have to hire the work out. It's a drag but it is what it is.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-26-2023, 12:14 PM   #42
MySons68C20

"I just can't wait to get the 6 ft. wrought iron fence installed and the dog there. And then that will be that. If anybody manages to get in they aint gonna remember going back out."

Do you have a pic of the style fence you are having installed?
I'm considering something along those lines too but the cost per ft I fear is staggering.
Good luck catching the snipper!
MySons68C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 01:01 PM   #43
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySons68C20 View Post
Do you have a pic of the style fence you are having installed?
I'm considering something along those lines too but the cost per ft I fear is staggering.
Good luck catching the snipper!
It is staggering. I don't have a pic unfortunately. Just a basic metal fence like you'd see anywhere. It did cost a lot but I am getting an automatic gate installed and fencing the pool area and dividing the interior yard to control the dogs and it's an acre lot. That's a lot of fencing. It adds up. It is going to be a tad over 40K for everything. That's a lot of money but I only have to do it once and it will improve the property value. The fence there now is ugly and worthless. My dogs can get out and wire snippers can get in. Not for long.

I tried to keep it simple and sedate but effective. I want the place secure but I don't want it to look like a prison.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:20 AM   #44
sakustoms

Quote:
That sign would be applicable at my place. Even in California you have the right to own firearms and defend yourself.

When I said if you come in my yard you won't remember going back out I wasn't talking about the dog. My dog is named is Duke not Glock.

I like that sign but I'd never put it up because I don't want to advertise. I have simple "No Trespassing', and "Beware if Dog' signs and a big ole fence on the way. Lights and cameras too.

If I know you then come on in. Have a beer. If I don't know you and it's the middle of the night keep walking. I stay up really late. Wrong house.
That's good to know. I am all for being able to protect yourself, your family and your property. Anyone entering my house forcefully will not like what the find.
I thought of putting up a sign like that also but I do not want to advertise or invite problems. Same reason why I won't put an FJB sitcker on my car.
sakustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:05 AM   #45
NGN

Be Aware
Dogs on premises
I was told is one way to word your posts, still to the point, there's dogs but not admitting you know your dogs ( are ) can be a danger to the trespasser health. Killer is always a good loveable dog, what did they do to him.
Beware Of Dogs
I was told is admitting, you knowing your dog is a danger is dangerous. Well that's what I was told years back here in Jersey.
NGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:45 AM   #46
Micmac

There are times when I question my sanity for leaving North Carolina and moving to my ancestral home of Maine. Reading this thread let's me realize I am quite sane. The only house I can see from my property is in Canada across a body of water with a 30 foot tide. I have a 1/4 mile driveway with a direct line of sight to US 1. Oftentimes in the summer I get tourists who want to see the lighthouse that abuts my property , depending on their attitude they may of may not get to see it. Ghosts? I got a guy around here I see occasionally. He wears bib overalls, and has a knit sailors cap. Never bothers me, I just figure he's got some unfinished business. About a mile from here is where the French first landed in North America. The Penobscot's didn't exactly roll out the red carpet and many of them died on St Croix Island. My property used to be a wharf back in the day of whaling ships. He never bothers me, he's just there and poof he's gone. Maine is a Constitutional Carry state. If you're not a criminal, you may carry any kind if legal gun anywhere you want loaded or unloaded. Fast food here might be a moose. I tried to post some photo's but Frankly forgot how to. I hope the OP gets his wire cutting stuff sorted out. Have a good day. I'm headed to Canada to go to COSTCO.
1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster with Sidecar.
2012 Indian Chief Serial #002 of 110 built in '12
2016 Indian Chief Roadmaster
Micmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:06 PM   #47
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGN View Post
Be Aware
Dogs on premises
I was told is one way to word your posts, still to the point, there's dogs but not admitting you know your dogs ( are ) can be a danger to the trespasser health. Killer is always a good loveable dog, what did they do to him.
Beware Of Dogs
I was told is admitting, you knowing your dog is a danger is dangerous. Well that's what I was told years back here in Jersey.
That's why I simply have the no trespassing sign and not a I'll blow you're head off sign. No trespassing is all you need to do what you have to do if threatened and be within the law. All it states is that this is private property. Beware of dog could mean just don't let the dog out. No threats implied.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-27-2023, 02:08 PM   #48
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

I gave four of these to wifey at Christmas to put out on a property we bought. Easy set up and great picture quality, I'm billed $20/mo for all four. The batteries are still at 80 to 90% capacity after setting them up in December. There's a racoon that walks by one cam every night that sets it off. Lots of trail cams have sketchy reviews but these have worked well for us. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tact...2-trail-camera

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:46 PM   #49
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
I gave four of these to wifey at Christmas to put out on a property we bought. Easy set up and great picture quality, I'm billed $20/mo for all four. The batteries are still at 80 to 90% capacity after setting them up in December. There's a racoon that walks by one cam every night that sets it off. Lots of trail cams have sketchy reviews but these have worked well for us. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tact...2-trail-camera
I like that camera. Although it would probably go off every 10 minutes around here because there's a lot of rabbits. You can't go outside without a rabbit running past you. My area is called Squirrel Valley and there's a lot of squirrel's but I think the rabbits are taking over.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:10 PM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
There are times when I question my sanity for leaving North Carolina and moving to my ancestral home of Maine. Reading this thread let's me realize I am quite sane. The only house I can see from my property is in Canada across a body of water with a 30 foot tide. I have a 1/4 mile driveway with a direct line of sight to US 1. Oftentimes in the summer I get tourists who want to see the lighthouse that abuts my property , depending on their attitude they may of may not get to see it. Ghosts? I got a guy around here I see occasionally. He wears bib overalls, and has a knit sailors cap. Never bothers me, I just figure he's got some unfinished business. About a mile from here is where the French first landed in North America. The Penobscot's didn't exactly roll out the red carpet and many of them died on St Croix Island. My property used to be a wharf back in the day of whaling ships. He never bothers me, he's just there and poof he's gone. Maine is a Constitutional Carry state. If you're not a criminal, you may carry any kind if legal gun anywhere you want loaded or unloaded. Fast food here might be a moose. I tried to post some photo's but Frankly forgot how to. I hope the OP gets his wire cutting stuff sorted out. Have a good day. I'm headed to Canada to go to COSTCO.
With most people wanting to move south to warmer weather I think moving to Maine is a smart choice. Let 'em all go south and leave Maine for the real people. Nobody ends up in Maine by accident

Tim