The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Just-in-credible

time for some upgrades

so, after much humming and hawing over the long winter months, I decided that you only live once, and I'm about to pull the trigger on some updates for my 65. I know i will have serious buyers remorse, but hey, whatever right.

Modification list includes...

New headers, I only have shorties, and a 2" exhaust, so i'm getting thorley tri y headers with a full 2.5" system out to flowmasters, just because I love how the flowmasters sound.

Next on the list is a FAST ez efi system. I'm kind of a tech junkie, and i'm going for the 2.0. Yes, i understand that I don't need the 2.0 if i only have a mild build, but the little dashboard with all the engine vitals is just too cool, and i like how the throttle body looks. Plus, I really want to try to run it with the timing control.

Also, going for the Hotchkis TVS system. I'm trying really hard to justify this one to myself, but I just can't, other than i want this thing to hook up. It's fun to drive as it is, but it really struggles for traction. everything i have read about this kit says it seriously helps out with that. So along with this, probably new wheels and tires are in order as well...it has cooper cobras on it now, but i was thinking maybe something stickier??

sigh...where does it end?

the current set up is a 350 with a performer manifold, holley vacuum 650. Last spring I put a set of edelbrock e-street heads on it, along with a comp xe268 cam. I put in a 700 R4 with a 2400 stall, and rebuilt the 3.73 rear end. I wish i would have put a posi in it, although, strangely enough, it usually lights both tires up. I really wanted to put in a truetrac, but I've been thinking of putting one of those powertrax extreme traction systems in, just because i wouldn't have to take the rear out, i could just drop the spider gears, and do everything in my garage.

i also want to dynamat the floor and fire wall. I did the doors last year, and it made a huge difference.

what do you guys think?? I'm making my order here in the next couple days, i got a 10% off coupon from summit the other day, so I'm using that. I hope this all turns out, lol.
Just-in-credible is offline   Reply With Quote