The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #26
1lowdiesel

Re: Air ride controller and compressor setups

the rear you set up at drive height but depending what set up your running is gonna determine how much degree change you get through out suspension travel.

xtremediesel.com
1lowdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #27
watahyahknow

if you use a 3 link suspensionsetup you can get the pinionangle pretty straight all through the travel and from wat i can picture in my head it isnt that big a deal to use the bottomarms in a different way (so the axle isnt fixed solid on them but can rotate somewat and weld a top link and mount them on the right height on the inside of the chassis and the top of the diffhousing , it still allows the suspention to move freely and will keep the driveline in a horizontal plane , if youre good in calculating stuff you might even be able to dail the setup in so it gives better traction and less twist off the line

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 05-16-2007 at 04:47 PM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 AM   #28
kevncar

Is there anyway to get some of the automatic features that the ridetech stuff does without re-financing the mortgage...again.

I thought I read that with ride-tech you can get the truck to raise to a pre-determined height at start-up. Anyway to do that on the cheap?

72 Chevelle

67 C10...454/TH400
Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=193961
kevncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:09 AM   #29
watahyahknow

i was thinking about using those airpressurecontrollvalves they use in a shop when using airtools or spraying paint , if you got one of those on each bag you can get them ajusted pressurewize so the truck levels out , there kind of bulky and im not sure if it would work ot even if they survive one the road and im not sure how this will react when 110 stone bubba bigboy slips in the cab on the passengerside.

another thing i was thinking about where (micro)swiches that react on suspentionheight and cut of the air going in when a sertain height is reached taking the guesswork out of the rideheight .

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts

Last edited by watahyahknow; 05-17-2007 at 03:11 AM.
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #30
Frizzle Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevncar View Post
Is there anyway to get some of the automatic features that the ridetech stuff does without re-financing the mortgage...again.

I thought I read that with ride-tech you can get the truck to raise to a pre-determined height at start-up. Anyway to do that on the cheap?
This is what I posted about on the first page... http://www.*****************/DigitalA...entSystems.php

You should be able to replace the pressure sensor input signals with level sensor inputs and have it perform the same advertised functions, but using actual height instead of pressure (like ART Level Pro). The only trick will be getting the signals to "speak the same language." Nothin a trip to radio shack won't resolve.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #31
pbmcauliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Anyone use any of the Auto Pilot line of digital air controllers that SD carries?
Being an Easy Street dealer, we have used quite a few of the Auto Pilot systems. I have one in my 67 with a 5 gallon tank and compressor on each side of the frame. I like the functioning of it for the most part, just wish it had a few more program levels (like the Dakota Digital units).
pbmcauliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #32
edflores

get an edc with 10 gallons. 3/8 valves with slowdowns on the front dumps. and check out the avs boxes that ***************** carries. hand held and easy to wire. just go to SD for everything, you wont find anywhere cheaper.
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote