The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #26
SCOTI

Re: help on getting the C10s crossmember on the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
Well I am doing a Dropmember front w/ 73-87 front arms and 2.5" drop spindles. Out back is PB notch, PB trailing arm crossmember, PB trailing arms and 5 lug rear-end. I got my funding figured out(stuck in Iraq saving money) so its just a matter of the little stuff.
Thanks for your service! Smart investment on the suspension parts.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #27
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

sounds like you have a good plan.......

the only issue I can see is your wheel wells..if I remember my 65 the heater box is pretty high on the fire wall so that shouldn't be an issue....just the wheel wells and like I said a set of 13" trailer fenders can be mod. pretty easy and cheap with a clean look...

and be safe there....

Jeff
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #28
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Yep thats the plan, I have been following the current thread on inner fenders.

The heater does seem high enough but I have a plan just in case. I will be using some stock wheels initially and maybe in the winter but plan on getting some bigger wheels for the truck, probably 22s.

I was supposed to be coming home in late July but found out today that I'll be here till Dec or Jan so I have a ton of time to figure stuff out and am already considering changing some of my plans.
Ghostwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #29
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

just because you swtich to 22" or even 24" it doesn't mean that your tire height changes...just the side wall gets shorter..My truck works well with 29" tall tires ( 235x75x15) which is stock but ten again it works well with my 29x15.5x15 pro streets

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #30
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
just because you swtich to 22" or even 24" it doesn't mean that your tire height changes...just the side wall gets shorter..My truck works well with 29" tall tires ( 235x75x15) which is stock but ten again it works well with my 29x15.5x15 pro streets
Yeah I should have been more clear, I'll be running something a little wider if I can which should only affect the custom inner fender wells. The heater seems inboard enough to help with clearance also. I will be sticking with around 29" total tire diameter on both wheel/tire combos.

Last edited by Ghostwhite; 06-29-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #31
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

heres a tire calculator that might help you pla with tire size...I think staying with the stock tire height does a good job of ill the wheel wel instead of that silly Dodge look where the tire look puny..Also keep in mind that back space is very important..maybe some of he guys with that body style can jump in??

I was at a show this weekend and poked at a couple at the show...looks like you can drop them ton before you have wheel well issues..and because the inners are so Boxy it would be easy to cut out where ever the rubbed and weld in a piece of trailer fender....
Take a look at the Scotts hot rod Burb build, they have a bolt in that works with the stock inner fenders..not sure how low it goes but they are great to work with and there stuff is top quality

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #32
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Thanks Hottrucks, for the pointers, I have had the calculator bookmarked from awhile back and it works great. I have been following the scotts burb, it is gonna be killer when its done, seeing some of the high-quality builds like that make me I wish I could spend more on mine without feeling bad. Idk how we got this thread so sidetracked haha

Last edited by Ghostwhite; 06-29-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #33
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

I don't think we are side tracked at all you are exporing all the options, parts availablities that are out there..which makes for a smart build. The reason My caddy swap is on hold is because I'm getting all the parts and info so there are no surprises when I start..the only thing holding me up now is some cash to build a drive shaft and exhaust..but all the quotes are in and I know how much its going to cost which means that there will be no hold up when I start.....

I would send them (Jeph) a PM and tell them where you are and what you want to do they are big supporters of the guys that support us...they maybe able to help you out

Last edited by Hottrucks; 06-29-2010 at 12:47 PM.