The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #576
hotrod1
56 - autocross

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

what are you talking about, show? That was on a street somewhere. We can see it! Quit all the nonsense and stop holding out on us. You are hiding them for yourself. Show us more.
hotrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #577
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
what are you talking about, show? That was on a street somewhere. We can see it! Quit all the nonsense and stop holding out on us. You are hiding them for yourself. Show us more.
Man you need to get out more.lol The Belmont Shore show is on the street in Long Beach CA. They close about 14 city blocks and side streets and its filled with Classic Cars. Its a great show.

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-01-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #578
candyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Oh is that nomad very high end. I told you I almost fainted when I saw it.lol Its a dangerous car it will cause an accident.

Yeah that may be true but so are you guys.

I have to post the nomad to prove what an enabler I am.lol So here you go guys its just a wicked vehicle. I love to see great craftsmanship man was it displayed on this car.

Kabwe i think you got it wrong,that's not a Nomad that's a TON of Money sitting there.Thats one station wagon i wouldn't mind driving in everyday!!
candyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #579
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyx View Post
Kabwe i think you got it wrong,that's not a Nomad that's a TON of Money sitting there.Thats one station wagon i wouldn't mind driving in everyday!!
Yeah I know but thats my problem. I have big money taste and working class money. I don't know what I'm going to do about, because I can't help what I like. The thing is when I go to shows I find out a lot of the guys did not turn one screw. I prefer to do the building but it must be great to have big money. Man what did I do wrong.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #580
Tri5Nerd
Tripple Five Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah I know but thats my problem. I have big money taste and working class money. I don't know what I'm going to do about, because I can't help what I like. The thing is when I go to shows I find out a lot of the guys did not turn one screw. I prefer to do the building but it must be great to have big money. Man what did I do wrong.
That Nomad is awesome! I've seen it and it looks better than in the pictures you posted.
Now let's talk about all the cars and trucks at the shows, you're correct alot of the owners did not do anything to their rides but put gas and clean it and bring it to shows. I'm no professional but I've been trying to do most everything I can do with my truck because this a expensive hobby, I also know that there alot of guys here that's doing the same. Good jobs guys.

Tri5
Old 10-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #581
xpickup

That is what I like on here, everybody seems to be working on there rides. I was always willing to try something because I to do not have the money to pay for all the custom work. I just buy/make the tools I need to do the job. Yes I am a tool junkie! I like to see the high tech stuff but I love to see the builds better. You can learn a lot on here and see the way other people do things and there ways. Some people have a lot of tools to do the work and some do not. I always admire people for trying and doing thing with what they have. If there is anybody local they are always welcome to use what I have.

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #582
candyx

Quote:
Kabwe

usually that's the case and with all their money they still can't buy what you have,all the skill to work with metal and turn it into works of art.But you can appreciate what they buy because it was made from guys who have that skill to produce something that everyone admirers especially the few who understand what goes into that type of work.
candyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #583
Dan in Pasadena

Hey, just cause I'm curious (aka "nosy!) where do the "Kabwe" and the "Bam" names come from? What's their origin?

My "Dan in Pasadena" come from having no creativity! I tried Danimal (there are a million of those) and after that I just said, "screw it".
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #584
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Hey, just cause I'm curious (aka "nosy!) where do the "Kabwe" and the "Bam" names come from? What's their origin?

My "Dan in Pasadena" come from having no creativity! I tried Danimal (there are a million of those) and after that I just said, "screw it".
Kabwe is actually my surname. BAM is what a lot of my buddies started calling me because of all the noise I make while banging on metal.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-03-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #585
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
I've had the truck about 7 years but only have been really working hard on it for about 4. I could have been done by now if I did not keep changing my mind.

Now had I said that you would have called me a trouble maker even though you mention this all the time. But when you change your mind, it turns out to be one helluva mod or idea.
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #586
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDOG View Post
Now had I said that you would have called me a trouble maker even though you mention this all the time. But when you change your mind, it turns out to be one helluva mod or idea.
Nope you are trouble maker because you bring it up too much.lol
Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #587
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Nope you are trouble maker because you bring it up too much.lol

So have you picked a color yet?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #588
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:

So have you picked a color yet?
Yep and its none of your biz what it is. Man its Monday and you already starting trouble. I already bought the paint so that I can't change my mind.lol
Old 10-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #589
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabwe View Post
yep and its none of your biz what it is. Man its monday and you already starting trouble. I already bought the paint so that i can't change my mind.lol
lmao!!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #590
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

Quote:
Yep and its none of your biz what it is. Man its Monday and you already starting trouble. I already bought the paint so that I can't change my mind.lol
you guys kill me!!!

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags
10 bolt limited
entourageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #591
Rods57

Quote:
I bet some shade of green, I put in $5 on it.
Rods57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #592
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rods57 View Post
Look here Rod57 you stay out of grown folks business.lol
Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #593
Rods57

Oh now how much fun would that be.
Rods57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #594
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rods57 View Post
Ah were taking bets. Ok whos got the next color?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #595
FFredo

Quote:
Uh, if that were true then I wouldn't have a cpl of different cans of paint on the shelf in my garage. At least they are quart size cuz bikes dont take much paint.
My new color choice for all new projects "primer until further notice"
FFredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #596
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Ah were taking bets. Ok whos got the next color?
LOL. You worry about your own color and leave mine to me my friend. Stop calling me trying to nosy, I got your voice mail.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFredo View Post
Uh, if that were true then I wouldn't have a cpl of different cans of paint on the shelf in my garage. At least they are quart size cuz bikes dont take much paint.
My new color choice for all new projects "primer until further notice"
Nope you have to buy gallons and then you can't change your mind easily. I have to spend hundreds so that my mind can't be changed easily. Man you don't want to know how many quarts of paint I bought before I decided on a color.lol

I stole this from my brother. Whenever he would paint a car he would buy a box of crayons and start sorting the colors he liked. Then he would have about 10 colors and have a color of the week.lol That would eventually narrow it down to 3 to 5 colors and the one he just kept coming back to would be the color.lol Off to the paint store with a crayon looking through chip books to decide if he like it in metallic or solid.lol

As you can see I come from a long line of car nutz (my brother is a car maniac). He would walk around with crayons in his pocket asking people what they thought of the color.lol

Last edited by Kabwe; 10-05-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #597
xpickup

Kabwe, What I do is draw what I want to paint then make copies at work. Then get out the colored pencils and color it in. If you do not like it just throw it away and start over. If you are using a couple colors I take a different piece of paper and color the shades together to see if you like it. Then color the drawn truck. Poor mans digital paint shop! I just did it last night for my buddies panel truck.

Shannon
xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #598
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpickup View Post
Kabwe, What I do is draw what I want to paint then make copies at work. Then get out the colored pencils and color it in. If you do not like it just throw it away and start over. If you are using a couple colors I take a different piece of paper and color the shades together to see if you like it. Then color the drawn truck. Poor mans digital paint shop! I just did it last night for my buddies panel truck.

Shannon
Oh I've seen your drawing talents and I simply don't have them.lol You are blessed to be able to do that, mine would be a curse.lol
Old 10-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #599
Maximus

Quote:
Yeah what he said Dan, so there.lol

All kidding aside, the only reason I changed the front end was because I have a 55 Chevy 210 and I thought it would be cool to have them at least look like the same year.
I know what you mean, I originally bought my '55 3100 9 years ago, because my father has a 1955 Belair Sedan 2 door, (One of my favorite cars in history)

I've seen photos of your '55, stunning car!

Its funny how life goes, He bought the '55 back in the early '70's in pieces and assembled it, it was stripped to be a racecar (thank god he still has it) I think he paid $500 for it, original belair. he coulda' bought a '57 for another $500 but couldnt afford it ... I wish I was in my youth in the dang '70's when these things were affordable!!!!!!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #600
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I know what you mean, I originally bought my '55 3100 9 years ago, because my father has a 1955 Belair Sedan 2 door, (One of my favorite cars in history)

I've seen photos of your '55, stunning car!

Its funny how life goes, He bought the '55 back in the early '70's in pieces and assembled it, it was stripped to be a racecar (thank god he still has it) I think he paid $500 for it, original belair. he coulda' bought a '57 for another $500 but couldnt afford it ... I wish I was in my youth in the dang '70's when these things were affordable!!!!!!
500 dollars for a belaire man how time has changed. I know you are telling the truth because my brother bought a clean 55 Nomad in the mid 70's for 800 bucks. He thought it didn't run so he told the guy he would be back with a tow truck and the guy said "but all it needs is a battery".lol It had a 327 with a manual 4 speed. I loved that car, he promised to give it to me when I was 16 yeah right.lol Somebody came a long with a Rivera he wanted so they traded. Thats okay he did give me a 66 GTO and a couple of other cars through the years.