The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #1
clemdaddy

Re: tuba trucks

About a year ago or so we started on a 63 custom cab short-bed with small back glass. We installed a RamJet 350 crate and new 4l60E plus a 3:55 posi. A static drop, Classic Instruments cluster, Vintage Air and power everything done in that great baby blue and white 2 tone paint. One of the highlights is the Belair look in the interior. The seat and glove box have Chevy script touches. All that's left is the rest but we're on it.
Attached Images

clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
realvc

Very cool build. I've always liked carryalls.
It looks like all you need to do is the rest of it to be finished.
Galatians 6:14
62 SWB stepside, 94 Wrangler, 99 Z71, 99 vette

My Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=719086
"If it's too loud, you're too old"
realvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #3
LT7A

I stumbled upon this thread and really enjoyed it! I knew of Tuba Trucks just a little bit, from Grizz's build thread on his Blazer. I had no idea! All the stories, trucks, events, cats, dogs, it's all really cool.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:44 AM   #4
The Rocknrod

Sweet ride man. I like your work.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #5
joesscamaro

Clean and classy looking.
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:59 PM   #6
clemdaddy

The fauxtina 63 GMC we've been working on has taken a new twist. Our good friend Marc in Austin, owner of Moment Motor Co. will take this Jimmy and convert it to electric drive. He will install the complete drive train consisting of a 300HP electric motor mounted where the transmission would normally be and a pack of 10 batteries under the hood to create a total electric drive "E-20" GMC.
The owner is in Up-State NY and has a vineyard with pollution free vehicles and wanted a farm truck to complete his herd... so here ya go.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #7
Grizz1963

That is a very cool thing for you to be involved in Clem

At the end of the day, progress is progress as Ta2Don used to say, and Progress is inevitable

I am sure you will update us and the Tuba Trucks website as it unfolds.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #8
SixFiveJelly

Looking forward to getting my old lady back to Clem's shop in the next month or two. One more big push and with any luck she'll be thundering down the road under her own power soon!

Super cool to covert one of these trucks to electric. I'm hoping to pass my truck on to my kids some day and have just been daydreaming. I figure it'd be ready for another refresh after a few decades and maybe a good time to convert it to electric. Electric vehicles are great and I see the advantages, but I'd sure miss that rumble of all all 8 cylinders!

p.s. If anyone gets a chance to get by Tuba Trucks, I highly recommend it. If you're a fan of 60-66 C10s, this place is a must.

J. B.
SixFiveJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #9
clemdaddy

Hi JB,
We'll be glad to get your lil' hotrod truck back in here and hopefully get her finished.
I agree with you on the sound of a rumblin' V8, nothing like it. We had a hot 350 and turbo 400 in the E-20 but when we sold it and found out what the new owner was going to do... it sounded like a good thing. We pulled the gas motor and finished out the patina work. Marc came up from Austin and did a 3D scan of the engine compartment to build the battery trays and plan out what else he needed us to do. Really the further we got in to it, the more it made sense. Besides it's always good to team up with your buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixFiveJelly View Post
Looking forward to getting my old lady back to Clem's shop in the next month or two. One more big push and with any luck she'll be thundering down the road under her own power soon!

Super cool to covert one of these trucks to electric. I'm hoping to pass my truck on to my kids some day and have just been daydreaming. I figure it'd be ready for another refresh after a few decades and maybe a good time to convert it to electric. Electric vehicles are great and I see the advantages, but I'd sure miss that rumble of all all 8 cylinders!

p.s. If anyone gets a chance to get by Tuba Trucks, I highly recommend it. If you're a fan of 60-66 C10s, this place is a must.

J. B.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:35 PM   #10
350TacoZilla

Cool project for sure! I'm a fan of performance and utility so as long as the vehicle can be used for its intended purpose I dont care what is powering it, that said I hate chevy's half cocked approach with just slapping batteries in bed or rear floor (C10 and K5 they did) where they cant actually be used for anything other than commuter.

Plus the more electric vehicles out there the more dino fuel left for me lol.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #11
clemdaddy

OK, here we go guys. It's Toy Drive time of year again. Any who would like to join us for the party and truck show this year please give us a shout out. We can sleep about a dozen comfortably here at the shop and you won't want to miss Kim's shrimp boil with all the trimmings. The total electric GMC E-10 is the feature truck for this year's t-shirt. Shirts are completely free with a donation of some toys. Can't make it but want a shirt or want to support a great cause, Mail some toys to Tuba Trucks 1798 E. Huntsville Rd., Fayetteville, AR 72701. Include a mailing address and your shirt will be on the way. Thanks, it's all about the kids who wouldn't have a Christmas without your help.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2021, 04:32 PM   #12
Grizz1963

Clem, sadly I will not make it this year.

But, please post your last post into my thread as well, different people read different threads.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:21 AM   #13
joesscamaro

Looking nice and clean, like always!
Old 11-23-2021, 11:17 AM   #14
88Stanger

Nice work!!!
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 07:26 PM   #15
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesscamaro View Post
Looking nice and clean, like always!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Nice work!!!
Thanks... but it's a team effort here at Tuba and the praise should go out to the guys that work together on these projects.

The fawn colored 66 Custom Cab long bed is going away this week to a very happy owner. He has been active in most of the decisions on this build and very patient during the 2 years it took to build it. Here is some pics from this afternoon.
Attached Images

Last edited by clemdaddy; 12-21-2021 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:04 AM   #16
Grizz1963

Stellar work as always from the team Clem.

Nice Christmas prezzie for someone.

A wonderful festive season for you, Mrs J and all the creatures.

Missing you guys man.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:04 AM   #17
clemdaddy

Just about finished with the 63 short bed. Has a RamJet 350 and 4L60 with 355 gears and posi. Still needs to get to the muffler shop for full length pipes with electric cutouts and we're struggling a bit with the door seals but other than that, this truck is ready for it's new home. A big shout out to the Tuba guys for another job well done. Here's a few pics till we get it completed.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #18
clemdaddy

And a couple more...
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2022, 01:00 PM   #19
clemdaddy

Last fall this 65 came to us for body-work and paint. The chassis had already been built and was a complete roller. But the shell of the cab needed a lot of attention... cab corners, rockers and inners, roof skin, door skins, lots of floor patches, radio panel, drip rails... Just about a total rebuild of the cab. Our customer wanted it nice enough that the floor looked stock and will only have a rubber floor mat covering the front half. The underside is sprayed with a bed-liner undercoat.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2021, 03:47 PM   #20
joesscamaro

Very nice and clean looking build. I'm sure the owner is proud to be driving it around!
Old 12-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #21
The Rocknrod

Sweet, love your work.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 09:55 PM   #22
LT7A

Thanks for the updates. I really enjoy them. The stock look with adaptation as needed for modern driving and comfort is cool to watch. Thank you for the effort that you guys make with the toy drive. I'm too late this year, but look forward to next year. Seeing those pictures of all the toys and bikes really affected me. Both that there are so many people willing to give, and that there are so many kids that need something special for Christmas. Blessings on you all, and thank you for the reminder of the less fortunate little ones.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:51 PM   #23
notsolo

You could say showroom fresh, but that would not do the truck justice. Nicer by far from anything back in the day, better materials and a lot of hard work by guys and gals. Never dissapointed with your crew and the gems brought up to a standard few can match...
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:45 PM   #24
clemdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Stellar work as always from the team Clem.
Nice Christmas prezzie for someone.
A wonderful festive season for you, Mrs J and all the creatures.
Missing you guys man.
Thanks Rian. I wish we could open up the country and feel safe again... soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesscamaro View Post
Very nice and clean looking build. I'm sure the owner is proud to be driving it around!
Happy customers is what it's all about, thats the fun part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Sweet, love your work.
Thanks Rocknrod. Been checking your thread... killing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Thanks for the updates. I really enjoy them. The stock look with adaptation as needed for modern driving and comfort is cool to watch. Thank you for the effort that you guys make with the toy drive. I'm too late this year, but look forward to next year. Seeing those pictures of all the toys and bikes really affected me. Both that there are so many people willing to give, and that there are so many kids that need something special for Christmas. Blessings on you all, and thank you for the reminder of the less fortunate little ones.
Kim and I really appreciate your comments, very kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
You could say showroom fresh, but that would not do the truck justice. Nicer by far from anything back in the day, better materials and a lot of hard work by guys and gals. Never dissapointed with your crew and the gems brought up to a standard few can match...
Wow... very cool, thanks a bunch. We like to think of it as giving our customers exactly what they want with all the bells and whistles for the same price as if they went to the dealership... without the depreciation or technical problems of the new trucks. Tough old Chevy Trucks last for generations.

This 51 Chevy was a multi colored, patched up family heirloom that needed quite a bit to freshen it up. We overhauled the mechanicals and unified the color with some patina work. Added new bed, tires and upholstery...
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2022, 07:21 PM   #25
realvc

The stripe around the cab really sets it off.
Clean and just right, very cool.
Galatians 6:14
62 SWB stepside, 94 Wrangler, 99 Z71, 99 vette

My Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=719086
"If it's too loud, you're too old"
realvc is offline   Reply With Quote