The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
Steve Van Gent

Restore family 65-street rod

My Dad bought this off showroom floor in 65. I have attached a photo (the only one I could find) of truck as was in 1972. My sister and I are in photo (along with several pets!). I have photos of truck before, and some of build.

Truck was original 6 cylinder, 4 speed granny low, no frills truck. My dad had 6 removed and v-8 327 installed in 1967. That motor was in truck until early 80s when it died. My brothers and I drove truck through school, first car for all of us. Being the youngest, I ended up with it...have been puttering with it for about 15 years. I have owned more modern cars for the most part, truck was kept only as third unused vehicle (currently a fourth car). I have a real truck, 2002 ford F250 diesel crew cab. Over this time I have installed disc 6 lug front, new springs, shocks, brakes, tires, rims as money could afford. Never any body work.

My father passed November 2008, decided it was time to do something more to restore it. Decided it would be a street rod, keep in family, my kids could be proud of. Started in earnest last summer.

More to come....
Attached Images

Steve Van Gent is offline   Reply With Quote