The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #51
Kyle@FTP

Re: 1966 C10 Porterbuilt, Accuair build (The Outsider)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwade View Post
What's the seat out of? It looks great!

Wade
Thank you. I think its a late 80s early 90s single cab chevy seat. Almost a direct bolt it. But that im not 100% sure what it is. I pulled it out of a early 70s blazer it had the shape I was after. It is really comfortable. I also sectioned 2" out of the frame to get it all the way down. and the slider still works so the customers wife can slide it forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
Sucks about the frame. Seat looks awesome though!
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast5 View Post
great progress so far!
Thanks. everyday we get a little done. Hopefully we can really get it moving after a few more hurtles.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #52
Kyle@FTP

We made some huge progress the last couple of days. Patients with this project is starting to pay off. It was cool to have the customer stop by the last few nights and actually help wrench. Its rare to have that experience and nice to have the customer see that we don't just throw things together. Thought, a tape measure and a few cold beers go into every decision.

To start, we got the rear end of the frame all straightened out. Trailing arm crossmember was held in by 4 of the 12 bolts that are supposed to hold it it. Which was a bummer. I was told the rear of the frame is complete and ready. We knew the notch was installed poorly. So after removing the top bolts and drilling the hols for the side bolts it all sucked right into place. We loosened the rest of the c notch bolts first and almost ever part fell into place just like Nate designed it that way. haha. So now the trailing arm crossmember is located correctly with the correct amount of bolts. The read C notch is all in correct with the correct bolts.

Then I went to tack the bag mounts for the axle on and found out one of the bags we were supplied didnt have the threads in the bottom. (Travis @ pro performance I will be calling to order 1 monday ) either way I was able to get the back brackets in last night as well. I need to pop the rear end out today, finish welding those and tear it down for paint.

On a bright note. We figured out all the motor placement issues. Some of the problem was wrong parts in the wrong place. and the other was my frustration with the "builder" we received this from. So all that is squared away and for someone who doesnt weld very often Im not even upset with the welds on this trans mission crossmember. Its not a stack of dimes but Ill bet good money it will never break......oh and it fits. haha.

Hope everyone has a good safe weekend. See some of you at Brothers tomorrow.

Kyle
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #53
Theoutsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@FTP View Post
We made some huge progress the last couple of days. Patients with this project is starting to pay off. It was cool to have the customer stop by the last few nights and actually help wrench. Its rare to have that experience and nice to have the customer see that we don't just throw things together. Thought, a tape measure and a few cold beers go into every decision.

To start, we got the rear end of the frame all straightened out. Trailing arm crossmember was held in by 4 of the 12 bolts that are supposed to hold it it. Which was a bummer. I was told the rear of the frame is complete and ready. We knew the notch was installed poorly. So after removing the top bolts and drilling the hols for the side bolts it all sucked right into place. We loosened the rest of the c notch bolts first and almost ever part fell into place just like Nate designed it that way. haha. So now the trailing arm crossmember is located correctly with the correct amount of bolts. The read C notch is all in correct with the correct bolts.

Then I went to tack the bag mounts for the axle on and found out one of the bags we were supplied didnt have the threads in the bottom. (Travis @ pro performance I will be calling to order 1 monday ) either way I was able to get the back brackets in last night as well. I need to pop the rear end out today, finish welding those and tear it down for paint.

On a bright note. We figured out all the motor placement issues. Some of the problem was wrong parts in the wrong place. and the other was my frustration with the "builder" we received this from. So all that is squared away and for someone who doesnt weld very often Im not even upset with the welds on this trans mission crossmember. Its not a stack of dimes but Ill bet good money it will never break......oh and it fits. haha.

Hope everyone has a good safe weekend. See some of you at Brothers tomorrow.

Kyle
Was the bag picture sponsored by "General"? Get that can outta there!!!

Can't wait to see the progress Kyle and DJ have been busting ass!
Old 07-13-2015, 01:32 AM   #54
Kyle@FTP

I think Ive have coined this truck the hay hauler. No matter how hard I try I cant get the field dirt out of this cab.

But what a productive weekend. IM EXHAUSTED.

after lots of go around with Nate at porterbuilt, I determined the best line of action was to put our current motor mounts in the mill and make a slot 7/16 lower than the current hole that were set up for a big block. Got those in the chassis, everything and cleared great. set the motor angle and the trans mount and off to the races. Cab is now on and we were able to pull the rearend out and get it painted.

Once again I cant thank Nate from PB enough. I have emailed him my every thought and cuss word from the start and he has been there to support it. This chassis issue was not anything PB related and he has sent parts, advice and everything under the sun to make it right. I feel like I am beating a dead horse when I say Thank you Nate!

I have a few pictures but cant find the cord for my camera. It should be a full roller by weeks end and then the real fun will begin. I want to put a absurd amount of miles on this truck to show all the products on the truck are up to the beating.

And thats not an "absurd" amount of babied miles. Im going to beat this truck into submission. sorry Matt, you didnt read that.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:58 AM   #55
Kyle@FTP

Build threads are not really fun without pictures so here we go. all motor mounts back from powder coat. Motor and trans installed and happy. Cab set on, shocks and bags on all rear suspension is dialed in. and after getting a rear end that was "good to go" I have to replace both axle bearing and seals as they were destroyed. It may get a complete rebuild a little ways down the road. But its painted and in.

Huge thanks to DJ for spending long hours prepping and painting, PB fab, AZ pro performance for parts to make this truck right and of course Matt for letting me build my dream truck out of his pocket book.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2015, 01:01 AM   #56
Kyle@FTP

Today I was able to get the wheels on it and the air bags rigged up so we could roll it out in the sun.
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #57
Mad Rods
Chevy Only Tx

Awesome!!!
Old 07-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #58
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Rods View Post
Awesome!!!
Thanks.

We had one of the guys from the rice rocket shop a few doors down come over last night. He was all over it. He snapped some cool shots on his phone. Pretty impressive for a phone.
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2015, 06:58 PM   #59
cheessee

Nice build

60-66 hood for sale or trade for bench seat rust free nose little pin holes on top message for more details..
Old 07-25-2015, 10:21 PM   #60
ChuckDriver
A320 Pilot/USAF Retired

Sweet build!
Old 07-26-2015, 01:51 AM   #61
cheyenne shortstep

I was at Fred's Truck Parts when these pics were taken and this truck is coming along nicely.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #62
creep
Registered Loser

KILLER!

'63 GMC lwb, 383, th350, lays frame, genuine patina.
The Build Thread - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374267
'88 Astro cargo bagged, shaved, phantom grille. *SOLD*
'50 Chevy 2 door sedan awaiting attention.
2014 Silverado Ext cab, 5.3, daily driver.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #63
midnight rambler

Kyle you guys are doing a great job, one of these days I need to stop by gen-probe is killing me always busy here at work lol.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #64
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDriver View Post
Sweet build!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheessee View Post
Nice build
Thanks Cheessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne shortstep View Post
I was at Fred's Truck Parts when these pics were taken and this truck is coming along nicely.
Thanks Tremayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
KILLER!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
Kyle you guys are doing a great job, one of these days I need to stop by gen-probe is killing me always busy here at work lol.
You are welcome anytime. I usually here although I still recommend calling or txt first.

Brake booster and pedal assembly is in, Column is loosely hung, I have a few thinks to figure out there. A/C should be wrapped up soon as well as ECU mounting. Then its on to the fun stuff inside.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #65
FrankyV8

Man that thing looks cool.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #66
Gus350
68 C 10

Looks killer keep up the great work.

Kevin

"Life is Hard But its Harder when your Stupid"
John Wayne
68 C10
70 C20
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?t=602326#
Old 08-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #67
67cheby
67cheby

looking great !
Old 08-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #68
Kyle@FTP

We have been making some progress. The interior is starting to go together, engine is 90% wired and I need to start wiring the interior next. The Howell Engineering harness I picked up for the engine is really nice! and I was also able to get the vintage air and ECU all in one space so we can still have the glove box. Kevs Classics did a great job on the column as well.

The wheel and horn button and just sitting there for the picture

engine wiring is not final routed
Attached Images

Last edited by Kyle@FTP; 08-13-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #69
Kyle@FTP

The customer really would wanted music so Im having to figure it out. Custom mount under the dash holds 2 speakers. No showing hardware on the kick panels. and I have the sub and amp idea floating around in my head.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #70
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyV8 View Post
Man that thing looks cool.
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus350 View Post
Looks killer keep up the great work.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
looking great !
Thanks, Just trying to keep up with Slosh attention to detail. haha
Old 08-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #71
Kyle@FTP

A few more updates from the weekend. We put the seat in to make sure the Sub Box would fit. We also picked a carpet color so I can get that coming. Doors are almost 100% resealed and built. I got Kevs Classics tilt column installed finally.

Sept 27th is the 1st annual Fred's Truck Parts open house and this needs to be done for it so I have my work cut out in the coming weeks.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #72
clemdaddy

late to the party but in awe of what's going on. killer work...
Old 08-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #73
LDO

Maybe I'm late too but did you already cover the details on the one piece door glass???
Old 08-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #74
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
late to the party but in awe of what's going on. killer work...
Better late than never. And Thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDO View Post
Maybe I'm late too but did you already cover the details on the one piece door glass???
I guess one of those pictures is misleading. I resealed the vent windows and reinstalled them. That picture was taken before that side was installed.

Thank you for your service!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #75
mooseknuckles

awesome work!
Closed Thread