The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #51
88bagedntaged

Re: The 88 Crew Cab build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_SS396 View Post
I would say that's a good score. The turbo and manifolds are worth what you gave IMO. I still chuckle that you had all those parts in the trunk of that little car. . It won't be a speed demon, but should have enogh power to keep you happy for a while. The increase in mileage will make it all worthwhile buddy. Keep that in mind.

The trans would've gone quicker had they not put the wrong package of springs and plugs in the box.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rayn my friend you don't worry about the time that trans took, you have helped me out more than anyone should have too! Thanks buddy.
88bagedntaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:48 AM   #52
88bagedntaged

Well it was on OK, weekend. Bad news for the 6.2 the IP is bad, so I'm looking into getting it rebuilt. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #53
67_SS396

I sure hope we can get you up and running soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

'66 C10 - The new hot rod

'77 3+3 Dually - 12 valve 4wd conversion tow rig project

'28 Ford 2 door sedan street rod

RevLimit Offroad

"Hang on beer, we can do this."
67_SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #54
88bagedntaged

Well MAJOR updates ! It finally started up ! I replaced the IP with the help from 67_SS396 and used a Dewalt drill and a wall anchor in the walking pin hole on the front gear to prime the system. It took 3 min and there was fuel running out of the injector lines ! I seald the lines and had the batteries charging overnight and it fired up ! So it's been put back together time ! Here are some pics for the looking pleasure !

I also got the 4L80 installed and made the crossmember, my buddy 67_SS396 and a good friend 87suk, whom I don't think is on this forum welded it up for me. I installed the 1993 6.5 serp belt kit as well. Let me know what you think !
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #55
88bagedntaged

More
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #56
67_SS396

Great progress man! I'm glad you got it fired. Where's a pic of the finished cross member? Show off Nathan's crazy welding skill and those beautiful rows of dimes.
Posted via Mobile Device

'66 C10 - The new hot rod

'77 3+3 Dually - 12 valve 4wd conversion tow rig project

'28 Ford 2 door sedan street rod

RevLimit Offroad

"Hang on beer, we can do this."
67_SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #57
88bagedntaged

Well a major update is needed here ! After getting the 6.2 running and getting the truck put all the way back together, the CRAP train came and ran me over. . I had the truck running trying to get the thermostat to open and all checking the trans fluid and making sure it was up to the test drive to come, when I went to install the radiator cap all HELL broke loose. After 10 seconds max of the cap being installed the engine started to serge up and down, and the next thing you know it went clack clack and died. So I went to start it and heard a dripping puddle sound from under the truck. I never should have looked ! . There was anit-freez pouring outa the exhaust and it split the tank seam on my radiator ! . It has a blown head gasket or maybe a cracked head and was dumping compression into the cooling system, and when the cap as intsalled the compression had no where to go !

Any way I guess thats what I get for not getting into the engine before installing it ! But not to worry the truggie lost it's 454 and it getting this 6.2 and turbo after a good resealing !

Now for the next thing. I know gas engines don't like diesel, but after installing the 454 back into the truck I used the fuel pump to get as much of the diesel outa the tank as I could and dumped 5 gallons of gas in on top of the left over diesel. the truck starts and runs but it don't run well till it warms up I think its because the engine is hot enough to help burn the diesel thats in the fuel? Is this a safe assumption ? ? I am going to add more fuel tonight and see, but its a bear to start when it sits overnight. Just want to make sure there is no other ideas ??