The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #751
Hart_Rod

Re: Project "Shifted"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
Looks nice Rob!
Thanks Steven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coursey View Post
Looking Good!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69short View Post
Looks perfect Rob! Nice work
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winmon View Post
Out is sight Rob!!!! Love the contrast
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Very nice!
Thanks Keith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Nice job antiquing the bed wood Rob. That looks great.
Thanks!

I'm currently working on the EFI wiring and the other under the hood wiring. I want to have this done (or close) before I put the front clip back on. I've got the PCM mounted on the core support by the passenger head light, I laid out the EFI harness and have all my wires pointed in the direction I would like them to go, . It's a BP Auto motive "show harness" and I'm really happy with the quality and design. Once I'm finished with the EFI part, I will finish up the interior body harness and then wire the gauges. If things go well this weekend, I should have most of the wiring done other than tidying up my bundles and making everything look "neat/clean". Wish me luck, .

OBTW, before I put the EFI harness on on the engine, I decided to pull the fuel rail and check the injectors. This motor only has 25K miles on it, but it's been sitting a while. Good thing I did. I checked a couple of injectors and they looked clean but were stuck closed. So I bought a can of Seafoam and soaked them for 24 hrs. When I rechecked them, they were all clicking and opening like they are supposed to. I also replaced all of the O-rings while I had everything apart. I think it will be $30 well spent once I get ready to fire the engine up. Fingers crossed, .
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #752
Coursey

Such a nice truck! You do nice work!
Coursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #753
Advanced Design

The bed is beautiful Rob! We are all looking forward to a first start video Sunday night.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:42 PM   #754
72MARIO

How long do you think it takes injectors to get "stuck" ? Months or
weeks ??

i just bought a Lq4 6.0 for my 1968 Suburban still learning lots about the ls engines.
1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:52 PM   #755
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Such a nice truck! You do nice work!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
The bed is beautiful Rob! We are all looking forward to a first start video Sunday night.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MARIO View Post
How long do you think it takes injectors to get "stuck" ? Months or
weeks ??

i just bought a Lq4 6.0 for my 1968 Suburban still learning lots about the ls engines.
Good question! That I can't answer, . I just figured it was easier to clean them before I pressurized the fuel system.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #756
jeffg1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
More bed wood pics...
Man, that Chevrolet lettering with the tailgate dropped is sick!
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #757
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Man, that Chevrolet lettering with the tailgate dropped is sick!
Thanks Jeff!

Not much picture worthy, but I did get most of the wiring done this weekend (gauges/AC/interior). I have the engine compartment wiring laid out, but I need to put the front clip back on so I can "tidy" everything up.

Also, I was able to power up the ECM and pull the factory tune out of it. I was pleasantly surprised that the VIN in the computer matches the VIN on the motor, 2002 Camaro Z28 ! I have all of the paperwork for the engine, but it was nice to tie it all together, . Since I was able to pull the tune out, I started prepping it for the first start - deleting the VATS, rear O2's, and the cats. I also updated the tire size and rear gears. I'll probably lower the fan settings, but I think that's about all I'll need to do right now for the first start. Looking forward to a productive week, ...
Old 02-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #758
Advanced Design

Do you use HP tuners?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #759
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Do you use HP tuners?
Yes, I have HPTuners Pro.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #760
Hart_Rod

Almost have the engine compartment wrapped up I'm just waiting on an extension harness for the EFI fuse block. I want to give a big shout out to Bill at BP Automotive. He makes a really great EFI harness and has answered a ton of my questions. I wanted to place the EFI fuse block on the drivers side core support but the harness wasn't long enough. So Bill sent me a new 18" extension, for FREE! Great service and high quality products, really nice to see when you are down to crunch time. I should be firing the motor up the week. Wish me luck that all my preparation has paid off......
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 07-17-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:53 PM   #761
ajgriffin

Looks great! Really coming along!

Now that you've installed the inner fenders, how do you think the inner fender mounts you made turned out ?
Old 02-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #762
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
Looks great! Really coming along!

Now that you've installed the inner fenders, how do you think the inner fender mounts you made turned out ?
Thanks! Maybe I'm biased, , but I really like how they came out.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:17 PM   #763
62LS1

Rob,

Love this truck. As you know, I'm going broke buying all the stuff you manufacture.

1) On the hood hinge brackets (that mount to the hood) where did you get the nutserts? I believe I have the nutsert tool from Harbor Freight but don't believe it came with nutserts large enough to hold what appear to be 1/4-20 hardware. I do all my research while killing time at the hotel since I travel a lot, so can't go out to the garage and look for sure.

2) I like the way your tires and rims fit within the wheelwells. Do you happen to know the actual mounting flange face to mounting flange face dimension (width) of both the front and rear axle assemblies? I say face to face because the disc brake rotors add to the width. As you know from our text discussions, I am running C4 Corvette suspension front and rear. I could go and measure the width of my original suspension, but that wouldn't necessarily match what you are running and I only have the original drum brake stuff without updates and a 1/2" here or there could make a huge difference when I am ordering custom rims.

3) Finally, after you cut the inner bed sides for tire clearance (and hide with the Chub Tubz, as I will too), do you come back and close in the opening between the inner and out bed sides as they did from the factory, or do you just run the bed sides as they are cut for clearance? Sure would save a lot of work to keep them open, but my truck will get driven in the rain. I hope to be ready for 2016 Power Tour and it always rains on that tour.

Thanks,
Vern

Also to those considering buying from Rob, I've had great success. He ships promptly and keeps me informed of the progress all along. I don't think I've even waited a week between ordering and part arrival at the doorstep. I love good service and appreciate the effort it takes to provide it as Rob does.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #764
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62LS1 View Post
Rob,

Love this truck. As you know, I'm going broke buying all the stuff you manufacture.

Thanks, I appreciate your business!

1) On the hood hinge brackets (that mount to the hood) where did you get the nutserts? I believe I have the nutsert tool from Harbor Freight but don't believe it came with nutserts large enough to hold what appear to be 1/4-20 hardware. I do all my research while killing time at the hotel since I travel a lot, so can't go out to the garage and look for sure.

I got the nutserts at my local hardware store. I think Fastenal sells them also. The size is 3/8 -16 which matches the OEM hood bolts. I guess I should offer the nutserts at an additional cost, but just figured everyone would purchase their own.

2) I like the way your tires and rims fit within the wheelwells. Do you happen to know the actual mounting flange face to mounting flange face dimension (width) of both the front and rear axle assemblies? I say face to face because the disc brake rotors add to the width. As you know from our text discussions, I am running C4 Corvette suspension front and rear. I could go and measure the width of my original suspension, but that wouldn't necessarily match what you are running and I only have the original drum brake stuff without updates and a 1/2" here or there could make a huge difference when I am ordering custom rims.

I have a factory width 68 rear end. I'm not really sure on what the dimensions are. Here's a thread I found, maybe it will help:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...rear+end+width.

3) Finally, after you cut the inner bed sides for tire clearance (and hide with the Chub Tubz, as I will too), do you come back and close in the opening between the inner and out bed sides as they did from the factory, or do you just run the bed sides as they are cut for clearance? Sure would save a lot of work to keep them open, but my truck will get driven in the rain. I hope to be ready for 2016 Power Tour and it always rains on that tour.

I started to build an "inner fender" but changed my mind and left it open. If you are going to drive it in the rain a lot, it's probably not a bad idea or you can make sure you coat the inter real well with paint or undercoating.

Thanks,
Vern

Also to those considering buying from Rob, I've had great success. He ships promptly and keeps me informed of the progress all along. I don't think I've even waited a week between ordering and part arrival at the doorstep. I love good service and appreciate the effort it takes to provide it as Rob does.

Thanks again for you support and kind words. I truly value good customer service and try to deliver it myself, . Let me know if you have any other questions and post pictures when you get the parts installed.
Answer to questions in blue. Thanks again!
Old 02-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #765
Hart_Rod

#FirstLightOff!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCJT2_6k...d_c10_chubtubz
Old 02-24-2016, 06:53 PM   #766
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Very nice Rob!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:34 PM   #767
Advanced Design

Congratulations! Sounds good!
Old 02-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #768
knomadd

Oooooo, that sounds gooooood!!

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #769
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Very nice Rob!
Quote:
Congratulations! Sounds good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Oooooo, that sounds gooooood!!
Thanks guys! I'm trying to get the brakes finished up and hopefully this thing will move under it's own power for the first time in 11 or 12 years.....
Old 03-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #770
Hart_Rod

Made some good progress on the brakes. I had a stuck rear caliper and one of my CPP rear braided lines was leaking where it was crimped to the banjo fitting. I was aggravated until I realized I had the same lines on the Suburban, so I ended up robbing one of them and getting it fixed. I still probably need to bleed them one more time, but I think they are good enough to take it to the exhaust shop on Friday. Here are a few pictures of the engine compartment. Still need to finish a couple of things under there, but it's pretty much done.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #771
Coursey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Made some good progress on the brakes. I had a stuck rear caliper and one of my CPP rear braided lines was leaking where it was crimped to the banjo fitting. I was aggravated until I realized I had the same lines on the Suburban, so I ended up robbing one of them and getting it fixed. I still probably need to bleed them one more time, but I think they are good enough to take it to the exhaust shop on Friday. Here are a few pictures of the engine compartment. Still need to finish a couple of things under there, but it's pretty much done.
Congrats! That is a killer truck!
Coursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #772
Bennett68C10

Looking good Rob!

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #773
mooseknuckles

nice!
mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #774
Rochlow

love that radiator cover.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #775
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Looking good Rob!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
nice!
Thanks!

Quote:
Congrats! That is a killer truck!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochlow View Post
love that radiator cover.
Thanks! I've used one of those on everyone of my trucks.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the exhaust scheduled until next Tuesday, so I'm going to use this weekend to finish tying up some loose ends and to put the interior in the truck. Oh, and we swapped out a few "external" pieces.....(Don't be mad Keith.....).
Attached Images