The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #76
ortegamotor

Re: my "71 C10 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDodge View Post
I saw these wheels at a recent car show. Can someone tell me what these are? I may have to have these...
I like those wheels. I seen them on a 442 at the car show last year ,and they looked pretty cool. i think that the would look great on one of our trucks.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #77
RexDodge

Progress has slowed to a painful crawl. My to do list for my oldest daughters wedding keeps growing! I did sneak off to the garage and worked on aligning the bed with the cab. I think I got it. Now to get the welded seams filled...let the sanding begin.
Attached Images

RexDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #78
RexDodge

Got a few hours in this week. Installed the cooling fan in the fan shroud and plumbed some lines up front. Installed my new 140 amp alternator too! I still need to get the correct pig tails to wire them up. Slow but sure.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #79
RexDodge

Oil pressure safety switch installed, check. Cooling fan, relays, switches installed, check. All underhood wiring updated with relays and tested, check. Valves adjusted and valve covers installed, check. A few more details and guess what I am doing? Time to start this bad boy up! Been way too long. I am so excited to see how it sounds. hahahahahaha...
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #80
Tinkermc

well I know about the wheels they are damn good lookin, but I don't know where to get them. A little work at a time is better than no work
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #81
RexDodge

Well the day is finally here to do the initial start up and cam break in (so I thought). Fill all fluids, no static leaks. Pulled out my new Taylor plug wires to find I had been shipped the wrong wires (not hei) , gah! Not to worry, I had a set of HEI wires on the shelf. Ran the ohm meter across them and back in business, . Time to gap the plugs and install them...no plugs . Parts house tomorrow for a set of plugs. We are going to tape it and run a time lapse. I'll post it up soon.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #82
RexDodge

Got my plugs gaped and installed, plug wires are installed and ready, the engine is primed (oil). No one home to help watch gauges so I'm waiting until tomorrow. It's like the night before Christmas! I'm not sleeping tonight...
Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #83
Low Elco

Light 'er up!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #84
RexDodge

With a "little struggle" we finally got the cam broke in. It has a collector leak and is running a little rich but sounds great. We had to drop the fuel pressure to just under 4psi and advance the timing to around 16-18 but we got it done. Got around 20-25 minutes of run time (1800-2500 rpm) and then let it cool down. Fired back up for a few minutes to set timing (backed off to 12) and idle. I am out of town until Wednesday but when I get back I plan to change the oil/filter and add anti freeze. Then it's time to check vacuum and some details to get rid of the rich condition and tune the carb. Here we go! I am a happy guy. Special thanks to some of the guys over in the Engines and Drive train section. They really helped out and kept me sane.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #85
67c10rustbuket

Nice project, she's looking good!

Here is some info on the TBI fuel pump (from autozone.com):
Part Number: E3621S
Weight: 2.9 lbs
Warranty: 1 YR
Notes: Includes fuel pump, sender assembly, and strainer. In tank. With sender codes VAH, VEC, VRA, VRR or VSD.
Gaskets Included: Yes
Inlet Attachement: Inlet-Strainer
Inlet Count: 1
Item Grade: OEM Standard Part
Maximum Free Flow Rate (gph): 35
Maximum Pressure Range (psi): 17
Minimum Free Flow Rate (gph): 35
Minimum Pressure Range (psi): 12
Outlet Attachment: Outlet-Threaded
Outlet Count: 1
Outlet Size: Outlet - 3/8
Package Contents: Fuel Pump Assembly
Package Quantity: 1
Shipping Information: Overnight and Two Day shipping are not available for PO Box, APO/FPO/DPO or US Territory addresses.

If that is from a 96-98 then it is a different pump that has much higher pressure and flow rates. Keep up the good work

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #86
RexDodge

Thanks Dan! I have been looking for that fuel pump information. Really appreciate the help.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #87
RexDodge

Just got around to working on the carb yesterday. After changing the oil / filter and also draining enough water to get my anti freeze in, re installed thermostat, made sure block was full as well as the radiator. Started right up after about 1/4 throttle. It seemed sluggish so I advanced the timing a little (started at 12 btdc) and switched my vacuum advance line to the full time vacuum port. Still seemed to want a lot of throttle to start and spit a little till it cleared out. Neighbor stopped by (manages a local garage, good gear head) and said to take a bigger swing at it with a lot more advance. We cranked that sucker around A LOT and wow it sprang to life. Started with just a tap of the throttle, idled great and great throttle response. It seems to want around 18 degrees advance. I need to get a dial back timing light on it. I need to see what my total is. Neighbor said he thinks it is a tooth off. Moved the distributor one tooth clockwise. Tried to start it and noticed the fuel pressure was low...checked the gauge and was out of gas . I will get more fuel today (93 octane) and see what we get. The great thing I found is I seem to have around 10 inches of vacuum at the manifold. There's my update!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #88
RexDodge

Well we got the timing and carb adjusted. Still a little too much advance but I still have a few things to do. I was able to take it out around the neighborhood tonight. The first time to drive it in 12 years. It felt really good. Everything worked well. Transmission is crisp, brakes are firm, runs on the cool side (even though it is new and tight) and sounds great. I have a couple of rattles to work on, fix a small exhaust leak, check the adjustment on the valves but mechanically I've pretty much got it done. I am just going to fill and seal the seams in the bed sides for now. Lots of work to do on the interior. Should have sound deadener, carpet, stainless sill plates and sound system in this weekend.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #89
RexDodge

Big brown truck will be here today with a pile of boxes . Can't wait to get home tonight and get to work!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #90
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Great job!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #91
RexDodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Great job!
Thanks Keith!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #92
RexDodge

It's interior day! Car show in Canby (600+) then home to work on mine. Sound deaden-er, carpet, work on the door panels, sound system...it's gonna be a good day. I'll post up some pics later. Enjoy the day everybody!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #93
RexDodge

Here are a few pictures of a little progress we made. Hope to finish up the sound deadening and carpet tomorrow. Need a few things for the sound system so that will have to wait until next week sometime.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #94
JRE

looking good Rex.
JRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #95
scotts72heavyhalf

By chance did you see us? We where over by the Chase bank.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #96
RexDodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts72heavyhalf View Post
By chance did you see us? We where over by the Chase bank.
I stopped by a couple of times...sorry I missed you guys.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #97
RexDodge

Ripped out my rear coils and replaced them with a set of CCP 5" drop coils. I have a 2' block in there too. I think it is too low. I like a slight rake and it has 5\8 of an inch the way it sits. I will get it out on the street to take another look but I think I may cut that block to 1". I will also be installing a c-knotch and box in the frame behind that. Here are some before and after shots.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #98
RexDodge

I stumbled upon these on ebay and picked them up for $8 smackeroos (plus shipping)! One small blemish that I can easily repair. Happy Day! Hope to have the interior done within the next couple of weeks. I'll post up some progress picks soon.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #99
RexDodge

Interior is coming along but slowly. My son finished the sound deaden-er and we got the sound box (that will hold the speaker and amp) started. It will be formed to fit the curve below the window. The side view shows the chase for the wires. We hope to get the sound system done this week. Once it is covered and installed I will post up more pics.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #100
RexDodge

Oh, and one more. I was having a problem with my shifter. I would slip from park to reverse to drive without having to pull the lever toward you. Found that the "bump" on the detent was worn off. Fired up the wire feed and put one back on. Works like new now.
Attached Images