The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #76
racerman85

Re: My 67' LWB small window project truck

alright guys... not much got done today, it wasnt a very good day to say the least (outside building my truck)

but anyways, it seems like today was the first real "low point" in my build. My dad helped get the brake lines finished up and everything bolted up, and I guess for temporary were going to use the I6 3spd transmission until spring. Anyways, here are some pics from today:

and my 350... Holley 600CFM carb, Edelbrock RPM performer intake, headers, Hot Cam (I think thats the brand) Grind #140128, redone GM starter, Edelbrock valve covers, stainless Steel bolts, aftermarket distributor (clear cap, hasnt shown up yet), new fuel pump some misc dress up stuff.

racerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #77
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Looking good!

and hey, theres nothing wrong with using the 6 and 3 on the tree. i am a total fan of 6 cylinders, as alot of guys are on this site. i know it's not a screamin' 350. but...a 250 can hold it's own.

just assuming thats why it's a low point in your build. so. yeah. keep at it man.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #78
racerman85

i'm still going to use a 350... i'm using the transmission out of the I6, which im afraid isint going to hold up-but we'll see.

main reason im at a lowpoint is I dont have all the peices I need to put the truck together and i'm being held up by parts that were ordered late or were shipped late. Plus with school and a horrible (and i mean HORRIBLE) english teacher... lets just say i'm glad working on my good ol' chevy
Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #79
samwise68
FarmBoy.

i think the 3-speed should hold up just fine. it was behind some decent sized engines back in the day, and held up. as long as you're not going to be side stepping the clutch at every light with the tach pegged...it should hold fine for now.

and don't worry. i gotcha on teachers...haha. i've walked out of some of my classes this semester while the professor was in the middle of a lectur. they saw me stand up, and theyd stop talking. i'd start to walk out, and their jaw would drop.

memo to you. don't try that. it's frowned upon. haha.

-Sam.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #80
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwise68 View Post
i think the 3-speed should hold up just fine. it was behind some decent sized engines back in the day, and held up. as long as you're not going to be side stepping the clutch at every light with the tach pegged...it should hold fine for now.

and don't worry. i gotcha on teachers...haha. i've walked out of some of my classes this semester while the professor was in the middle of a lectur. they saw me stand up, and theyd stop talking. i'd start to walk out, and their jaw would drop.

memo to you. don't try that. it's frowned upon. haha.

-Sam.
You can run a 3 speed transmission from a I6 on a 350 motor???? Any mods you have to do or anything???

As for teachers, man, dont get me started. I had a very similiar problem. My math teacher was an idiot. He didnt know how to do calculus, but was teaching calculus. WTF is that. So you would ask questions and he would treat you like YOU were the dumb one. Everyone in class felt the same way but no one spoke up. One day i asked a question, he came back with his usual dickheadness and i stood up and called him a F*&$%N idiot and left class. I never went back to that class. Two weeks later the teacher quit teaching math. ahaha.... I guess after i left a few other students went to the principal and complained about him.... I DO NOT REC: CALLING ANY TEACHER AN IDIOT.

Back on topic.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #81
samwise68
FarmBoy.

mm...not that i know of, regarding the tranny. it's the same bellhousing. there are threads on here about that, i'm almost positive someone alot more knowledgable would have the answer to that.

-Sam.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #82
racerman85

Lets not go into major detail, but i got into it with a teacher once and he ended up getting fired. we butted heads early on in the year and he ended up giving me a lecture about how he is above me and I have to respect him but even with my respect to him, he will never give me respect etc etc etc. didnt end up well.

as for the I6 transmission-it bolted straight up. I replaced the flywheel and installed a brand new clutch and it bolted in exactly the same.

I started on painting the interior today... I only got one lighter coat on today and I ran out of time.

I think im in love with the color white I picked up... I have alot to go yet, but the pictures dont do it justice... believe me!

only got to work 1:45-4 today so not much got done-but its better than nothing. Sanded everything with 80 grit and then went to 150 and ended with 220... I like it!

PS-I get to hit another swap meet this weekend, and this time I have lots more CASH (SOMEONE FORGOT THE $$$ AT HOME lol) and no broken foot! (I had a healing broken foot for Hershey car show/swap meet). I'm stoked... I'm actually skipping homecoming to go, but thats alright because the girl i was going to go with said she will go to the swap meet with me anyway haha

Last edited by racerman85; 11-03-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #83
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman85 View Post
Lets not go into major detail, but i got into it with a teacher once and he ended up getting fired. we butted heads early on in the year and he ended up giving me a lecture about how he is above me and I have to respect him but even with my respect to him, he will never give me respect etc etc etc. didnt end up well.

as for the I6 transmission-it bolted straight up. I replaced the flywheel and installed a brand new clutch and it bolted in exactly the same.

I started on painting the interior today... I only got one lighter coat on today and I ran out of time.

I think im in love with the color white I picked up... I have alot to go yet, but the pictures dont do it justice... believe me!

:
What I-6 did you have in the truck. Was it the 250 or the 292??? I like that white also. Are you spray canning it???
Old 11-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #84
racerman85

Chances are its a 250,but i' not sure.

I'm spray canning it, im using rustoleum Almond White.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #85
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

Looking Good, What Color do u have Planned for the Truck??

What Wheel & Tire Combo u have in Mind??

When is your Deadline??

Rick
67 Fleet
68 Wrecker
68 Suburban
76 Crewcab
79 Gmc Dumptruck
84 Blazer
86 Crewcab Stepside
87 Iroc
89 GMC Plow Truck
91 Camaro Vert
96 Z71 Stepsde
toomanytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #86
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman85 View Post
Chances are its a 250,but i' not sure.

I'm spray canning it, im using rustoleum Almond White.
Do you plan on redoing this rebuild later??? You have a compressor, spend 100 bucks and get a HVLP gun. Spray it that way, you will get better results that are going to last longer and you only have to do it once. I think i remember you sa ying you were going to redo this rebuild but i cant remember.

Either way, cool interior color choice.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #87
racerman85

I will be running 20x10 American Racing wheels, they are older stock. Here is a pic of the wheels, its a camera phone pic but oh well:

As for tires, I think we were planning on a 285/40/20 I BELIEVE was the size, but i'm not positive

I have to get as much of the truck done by the 15th as possible... GOOD LUCK

And I will be rebuilding this truck later, hopefully...
Old 11-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #88
samwise68
FarmBoy.

"I'm actually skipping homecoming to go, but thats alright because the girl i was going to go with said she will go to the swap meet with me anyway".

man. Good Game. because, you totally win on that one. haha. sweet deal. keep at ;er, and she'll be back together for the 14th.

-Sam.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #89
racerman85

hey guys, not a very good night. I broke loose in some gravel in my ranger and pulled into a parking lot about 2 miles down the road and shut my truck off because my dad had called me. A cop was evidently sitting in a parking lot and heard me, chased me down, and hit me for evading arrest and for wreckless driving. Cop was a complete &^%$ and lectured me about how horrible of a driver I was and how dangerous I was on the road and that I should never drive again and if it was his choice I would never be allowed to have a license. I am extremely aggrivated about it right now, mostly due to his attitude towards me. I have never been arrested, never even pulled over or anything and he acts like I robbed a store. My parents know the cop and he was a complete you-know-what. I ended up getting arrested and everything and supposedly will be losing my license and all that. He lectured me about how unsafe of a driver I am and how I shouldnt be trusted with anything. AHH it took everything I had not to flip out on him.

On the other side, I got my distributor today, and got some of the interior painted and some other misc stuff done.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #90
thebrown83

Its great how the truck is comming along, but I gotta say you would have felt a lot better if you would have just knocked that cop out and drove off... not like the consequinces could get any worse?
thebrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #91
billdo

i have a mint rear glass if you need it i have a 67 cab but its shot so im goin later
billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #92
racerman85

Hey, I might take you up on the offer of the mint rear glass... Mine has white spots on it in the edges.

And as far as the cop, You dont even understand how badly I wanted to, but I dont want to make things worse for me. I would've felt alot better, but oh well
Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 AM   #93
berencam

might have suggested masking the entire windshield, that overspray can carry farther than you'd think, but it looks like your done with that part already anyway. sorry to hear about the cops... but it was the end of the month mabee that came into play?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #94
racerman85

Quote:
Originally Posted by berencam View Post
might have suggested masking the entire windshield, that overspray can carry farther than you'd think, but it looks like your done with that part already anyway. sorry to hear about the cops... but it was the end of the month mabee that came into play?
Yeah, I didnt think of the whole masking the entire windshield but oh well. I will have to scrape the entire windshield off I guess.

Here are some pics... most are older, as I didnt get much done tonight (went to homecoming football game and hung out with a friend I havent seen in a while)

65,000 volt, blueprinted, etc

I also got my LED's for my tach dash, and i have a question... where should I be putting the led's? I asked the one guy a while ago and he said i'd need 4, but I think i need more? any help? Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #95
racerman85

Lonely:

Happy:

Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #96
samwise68
FarmBoy.

when the trucks happy, everyones happy.

thats one pretty lookin' engine, man.

keep at 'er!

-Sam.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #97
racerman85

Hey guys-sorry for no updates, but since I have been really sick and school, I havent had the time or energy to do anything.

I did have a nice surprise today, though

20x8.5 Boss 304 wheels. I love the lip it has, approx 3 inches... I cant wait to mount em up, check my spacing and order tires and everything

Old 11-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #98
lyrikz
PITbut

Nice, reminds me of what i picked up last night.

No, not the two year old. The 22's. Rims will be here in 4 weeks
Tires are Yokohama Paradas. LOVE EM.....

Last edited by lyrikz; 11-10-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #99
koolky
67-72 Addicted

Nice truck, looks like its going to be a nice truck when its done. Its definetly inspired me to work on my truck. Mine needs a little more work though... YAY
koolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #100
racerman85

some more pics, im trying to find out what size tire I can fit under here...

tossed em on my 69' to check...

and BTW- I was gonna say the kid? but you edited your post.. haha.

I honestly love working on this truck, but I honestly cannot wait till its finished!