The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
truckmanloco
Account Suspended

Project Down Range.

Alright guys it has taken a while but im starting my build thread. A little about the truck its a 72 GMC Sierra Grande. It spent it entire life in North Carolina i bought the truck in 2004 and airbagged it. The truck remained this way for about a year. Then i got bit by the LS bug and decided i wanted to put a 6.0l in it. Well this being my first swap of this kind it was to say the least a learning experience. I drove the truck this way for about 6 months then i made a mistake and called a nice guy from AZ named Nathan Porter and he convinced me i needed to be lower. So at this point the truck was blown apart for the full porterbuilt treatment. Well then family and my career hit me in the face, family in the form of a wife and two girls. Then my career by way of being out of the country for 7 months of each year for 4 years. Well now things have slowed down and its build time. I have been powdercoating and grinding for the past few weeks and now im about back to the reassembly point so heres my thread. I want the truck to be clean restomod type it will be a driver with stock appearence & new reliability.

Build Specs-

Front dropmember
Rear trailing arm dropmember
ART strong arms
68 12 bolt housing
421ci LQ iron block engine
LS3 heads
Edelbrock victor jr intake
Built 4L60e trans
TCI contoller
13" brakes
4.11 gears eaton posi