The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

Shoestring Budget 65/73 Chevy 2WD LWB

Picked this truck up for $1 from a guy I work with. He said if we get it out of his driveway, we could have it. Which was convenient because I have a 16 year old daughter who has been after me to get MY 1960 GMC fixed up so SHE could drive it. She even tried to tell me that she would help buy parts, if she could drive it. I knew where that would end up... a couple of years down the road, I would watch her drive off in MY (yeah right) truck. So when the '65 showed up, it worked out perfectly!!

I told her she had three choices, she could pay someone to fix it, for big $$$$, she could pay me to fix it up for less $$, or I would help her work on it for free...hmmm not much of a choice!! She has been an awesome helper, not to mention some GREAT father/daughter time.

I haven't posted yet, nor tried to post pictures, so please be patient if I foul this up!

This is the first day we drove it home. It needed new tires, so we got some used ones, and My daughter got to learn how and where to jack it up, and change out the tires.

We pressure washed it to clean off all the bird crap decorations, then pulled in in the garage and took off the front clip, and took out the tired 230 and granny 4 speed.

Picked up a donor '75 Chevy C-10 for $400. We plan on taking the 350/350 combo out for use, front end for the disc / power brakes / power steering, rear end for the diff and 5 lug axles, wiring harness, and misc other items. We are building this truck as inexpensive as possible for now. Here we took off the donor truck front clip, engine, trans, and part of the wiring harness, so far.

Anyone need any body parts for a '75?

This is all so far, but more on the way!
Attached Images

chevy_man5 is offline   Reply With Quote