The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
jkade

72 2wd Blazer: Project "Break Me"

I bought this blazer back in Nov of 2005 after going on many wild goose chases looking for a 67-72 c10 truck. I drove 10 hours one way to look at one truck and it was a piece when I got there to get it. Came home and saw the blazer on ebay and it was only about a 3 hour ride, I told my wife that if this wasn't the one I was giving up. Got there to look at it and out of the other 10 guys that told me their trucks were rust free this one was actually just that. There where a lot of things I didn't like about it but I did like the fact that it was a great starting point and need just a little block sanding to be a pretty much perfect body. So I bought it and brought it home.

The first thing I did was get my buddy over @ Rods and Restos to get me some 20" torq thrust II's and got them put on there and it sit like a 4x4 instead of a 2wd. Next on the list was a set of drop spindles for the front and some 6" springs and 1.5" block for the back. Got those pieces installed a a bolt in c notch and had it looking pretty good but it need some interior.

The P.O. had installed some buckets and a console out of a 454ss truck and they where mint but the burgandy seats and carpet didn't go to well with the red paint. I stripped the interior and waited 6 months for my name to come up at Wilson's Upholstery in Cedartown, Ga. They had it done in about a month and I was very pleased with what they did for me. I had them cover a set of 98 tahoe front buckets with the headrest removed and a back seat from a 88 suburban. They also made custom door panels, rear panels for the bed, tailgate panel, covered the dash, dash pad, sun visors, carpet, custom bed rail covers, and a custom speaker box.

By the time I got it back I was looking to give the 402 a little more power and bought some heads, cam, headers, edelbrock pro flo, roller rockers, and some dress up goodies plus a stall for the th400. During this time I also installed a eaton posi and a set of 3:73's. Got the motor with the new parts and efi back in and all the efi did was give me trouble. All it would do is foul plugs and really piss me off so I decide to sell the motor and the efi and wait for a GENIII motor.

Well it has been sitting since about march and has the suspension robbed and installed under my 67 c10 truck. So here is what it is going to get.
1. Bought a 2003 LQ4 from a 2500hd truck and I am going to run a car intake and the th400.
2. The front suspension will get moved forward to center it in the wheel well and the rear will get moved back to do the same.
3. Section the front crossmember, add R&P, install tubular arms and bags.
4. If Kore3 comes out with the c5 vette brakes I will intall them on the front and hopefully on the back as well.
5. The rear will have to have as much of a step notch as the factory trailing arms will allow. I don't care to lay frame but I want a pretty low ride height.
6. The firewall will be getting a shave and vintage air will be thrown in somewhere.
7. The factory fuel filler has to go so I think I will cut the one off the 91 suburban parts truck I have and graft it in. And block sand the whole body down and paint. If I run the 1/2 top I will also install a fiberglass bed cover but I may run the full top till the funds pick back up from the rest of the above.

So that is about it in a nutshell. I will post up some pics of when I bought it and the steps along the way.

Last edited by jkade; 10-10-2007 at 02:35 PM.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote