The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Thadious

It finally starts... another S10 swap...

So, after having been lurking and researching on these and other forums for the last 9 months, the time has finally come to start the posts for, yes, my S10 Swap... I’ve had the opportunity to purchase 3 AD trucks last summer and since I was unable to get started on the body work and such… I had to start up with the frame work. The starting trucks… well here they are!

A 1947 Chevy 5 window 1/2 ton pickup

A 1952 GMC 3 Window pickup

A 1952 GMC 5 Window pickup

The intention is to take these 3 trucks and amalgamate all of the best sheet metal to create one 5 window pickup with a Chevy front end (I like them the best). The remaining parts will be put together for a second truck with spare parts and sold off to help pay for the costs. I've bought all 3 of these so far and the following 1991 GMC Sonoma S-15 for the drivetrain and chassis to put the finished truck on for a more "modern" day driving experience.

9 Jan 09

So far, I've broken down the S-15 to drivetrain components and started the rebuild/modifications/painting of the parts. All new suspension bushings, seals, brakes, brakelines are going in as I go.

I’m going to be using the 4.3 ltr (262) throttle body fuel injection system with a TH700R4 auto trans w/overdrive and 3.42 gears in the rear on a chevy 10 bolt . The intended rims are 15x8 Torque thrusts.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you...

My new build - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...70#post8958970
Thadious is offline   Reply With Quote