The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 07:42 AM   #1526
robber grin

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletucky View Post
I finished up shortening my '66 Suburban 3", in preparation for a body swap on a 2006 Trailblazer SS. I also removed the stock burb floor in one piece:
Do you have a build thread?

I'd love to see more of the work that went into this conversion.

Very flipping nice man!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:46 AM   #1527
robber grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletucky View Post
Ill post more pics in a build thread in the near future.

Im using the floor and firewall out of the Trailblazer SS.
Oh yes! YES! heck yeah - build it up brutha!
Old 09-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #1528
Chevy Fleetside

I was backing my truck out of the garage today to take my kid to meet up with his Aunt. They are going camping in Yosemite for the weekend. As I pulled out my brake pedal went to the floor. The reservoir for the front disc's was empty. I put fluid in but I was too late, the air already got in, so I put the truck back in the garage and put all of his stuff in the Toyota Rav4. I turned to my son and told him maybe my dad is looking out for my truck and this happened for a reason. Well when I was almost to my destination some dude rear ended us. He said he was spacing out because his mom just died last night and he was going to her place to clear it out. Who knows maybe that is what happened but when you are stopped at a light for more then 10 sec and then someone hits you, you tend to think he was looking at his phone or something. I have a stiff neck from it. My son just got spooked. It was his first accident.

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Old 09-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #1529
Lugnutz65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside View Post
I was backing my truck out of the garage today to take my kid to meet up with his Aunt. They are going camping in Yosemite for the weekend. As I pulled out my brake pedal went to the floor. The reservoir for the front disc's was empty. I put fluid in but I was too late, the air already got in, so I put the truck back in the garage and put all of his stuff in the Toyota Rav4. I turned to my son and told him maybe my dad is looking out for my truck and this happened for a reason. Well when I was almost to my destination some dude rear ended us. He said he was spacing out because his mom just died last night and he was going to her place to clear it out. Who knows maybe that is what happened but when you are stopped at a light for more then 10 sec and then someone hits you, you tend to think he was looking at his phone or something. I have a stiff neck from it. My son just got spooked. It was his first accident.
My thoughts an prayers are with you. I hope there were no injuries. Bummer about being rear ended. I work medical and see people all the time who get rear ended and have injuries, so better plan on being a lot stiffer tomorrow.

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #1530
65Gregg

Got most of the insulation done, I'll finish the back of the cab when I pull the tank out of the cab
Attached Images

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
Old 09-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #1531
65Gregg

It's back together and ready to drive. I still need to finish the Vintage Air install, but I need another pair of hands to mount the evaporator.
Attached Images

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
Old 09-05-2015, 04:08 AM   #1532
DLW

Because I am to lazy to start a build thread. Sorry for a bunch of pics..

Day 1 this week. It has been on jack stands for some time now, at least 3 months, waiting to get new wheels made and I already sold my other wheels. Got the firewall sanded, and frame too, even though the pictures don't show it.
Yes that is my almost all original 1970 F100 ranger XLT in the back, don't be hate'n ..It's a good driver. C10 is still my baby!

Day 2 this week. Firewall painted, got a second coat inside too, mainly the firewall and up inside the dash area. Already did the floor before I laid the dynamat. Just barely started the front cross member install.

Day 3 this week. Got most of the Porterbuilt front end done, this is the mild setup, or stage one as they call it now.

Day 4 this week. Finished the front suspension. I just got my new wheels in and had the tires mounted up. Pulled the rear axles out of the newly rebuilt rear to change the studs out to fit new rear wheels. I must admit I got deterred from other stuff on my priority list to get these wheels on the truck today. Wheels are Billet Specialties Vintec SLD89's in 20x8.5 and 20x10 wrapped in continentals. BTW, the rear I had already done the Porterbuilt stage 2 deluxe on, bed is not modified and I will be running inner fenders in front too.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #1533
jbgroby

gee you sure make it look easy
Old 09-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #1534
Hollow65

Rebuilt the carbs and re-torqued everything I could think of.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #1535
1hihum

Wow it's looking nice! I can't wait to see how it looks aired out with the stage 1 up front and stage 2 in the back. I am considering a stage 2 myself with 20's. Nice to see a local too, I'm in Fremont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW View Post
Because I am to lazy to start a build thread. Sorry for a bunch of pics..

Day 1 this week. It has been on jack stands for some time now, at least 3 months, waiting to get new wheels made and I already sold my other wheels. Got the firewall sanded, and frame too, even though the pictures don't show it.
Yes that is my almost all original 1970 F100 ranger XLT in the back, don't be hate'n ..It's a good driver. C10 is still my baby!

Day 2 this week. Firewall painted, got a second coat inside too, mainly the firewall and up inside the dash area. Already did the floor before I laid the dynamat. Just barely started the front cross member install.

Day 3 this week. Got most of the Porterbuilt front end done, this is the mild setup, or stage one as they call it now.

Day 4 this week. Finished the front suspension. I just got my new wheels in and had the tires mounted up. Pulled the rear axles out of the newly rebuilt rear to change the studs out to fit new rear wheels. I must admit I got deterred from other stuff on my priority list to get these wheels on the truck today. Wheels are Billet Specialties Vintec SLD89's in 20x8.5 and 20x10 wrapped in continentals. BTW, the rear I had already done the Porterbuilt stage 2 deluxe on, bed is not modified and I will be running inner fenders in front too.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #1536
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I bought and put on a new air cleaner for Crustine's engine. I think she's happy I finally bought something for her. lol
Old 09-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #1537
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Did a lot of electrical troubleshooting today. Think I got my intermittent 12V switch problem fixed.

Also started making note of the MANY oil leaks. The intake comes off Monday morning. Time to cleanup and stop the drip drip drip of aggravation.

Also did some planning on the air flow direction for better cooling. Now of the factor stuff was on the 64 and the custom radiator won't allow the normal rubber seals to work, so got an idea on hope to seal the thing up and keep the air going thru the radiator instead of around it.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #1538
Lugnutz65

I replaced the original carb linkage nut with a nylon insert lock style nut. Why, you ask? Ummmmmm. Well I . . . . . . . . never mind. You know.
Attached Images

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #1539
DLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
Wow it's looking nice! I can't wait to see how it looks aired out with the stage 1 up front and stage 2 in the back. I am considering a stage 2 myself with 20's. Nice to see a local too, I'm in Fremont.
Thanks.
Yeah, your only a few miles from me, we'll have to meet up one of these days..
Old 09-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #1540
dougf

DLW, too awesome. Your firewall looks great, thanks for the motivation! Taking my butt in the garage now!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #1541
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

Drove it to my buddies to begin parting out a couple of trucks we bought.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #1542
dougf

Did a little surgery and repair on the bed I bought and turned into a shortbed. Where the rear cross sill bolted on was rusted away completely. Getting close to getting my bed on!
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #1543
matt_l

Started working on my rear notch.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #1544
strat10

DLW I wanna see another pic of that ranger!

Over the weekend I finished the installation of my vinyl flooring (seller used interior home renter carpet ) bolted the bench seat down and installed lap belts.

I took the heater core out and cut off a ****ty rear push bumper made out of angle irons.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #1545
DLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat10 View Post
DLW I wanna see another pic of that ranger!
Prepared to put on flame suit...Right now I drive this gas guzzler 390 FE to work about 3 days a week. I'm not really a brand loyal guy, if it's cool, I'll drive it. Love my C10 though.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #1546
HappyHooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLW View Post
I'm not really a brand loyal guy, if it's cool, I'll drive it. Love my C10 though.
That is a good looking Truck Regardless of Brand.

I sold a pair of '69 F100s when I bought my Apache.

I'm a Gear-Head if it has a Motor I like it, that goes for Old cars, Old trucks, bikes or boats

Hooligan
2006 Vstar 1100 - Chopped, Bobbed, Riding the Dark Side
Old 09-08-2015, 12:27 PM   #1547
strat10

great lookin truck DLW!
Old 09-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #1548
craiginaustin

Tuned it and drove it around all weekend. After spending two months swapping in a new GM crate 350 it was nice to actually drive it and enjoy it. Yesterday's sunset cruise to dinner, then returning up Congress Ave (in Austin, TX) at night was particularly enjoyable.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #1549
Northwest Outlaw

Took my lady for her first drive in the truck! She was a little nervous but started to enjoy herself after a few miles. Her confidence in my wrenching skills is growing, slowly. After the drive I pulled her into the garage, the truck not the wife, and replaced the valve cover gasket and lowered the rear end about 1.5".
Valve cover took about 2 hours to clean out the inside with it's 1/8" of crud build up and another 45 min trying to clean up lifters, rocker arms and springs on the engine. Finally got some numbers from the head that may lead to what year this 250 is from. While I had the cover off I sanded off the paint and rust and wire brushed the raw steel then sealed it with a gloss clear coat, turned out pretty nice.
Lowering the rear was just removed some riser blocks that had been put under the springs at some point. Really just needed something to do while the engine cooled off.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #1550
Lugnutz65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Outlaw View Post
Took my lady for her first drive in the truck! She was a little nervous but started to enjoy herself after a few miles. Her confidence in my wrenching skills is growing, slowly. After the drive I pulled her into the garage, the truck not the wife, and replaced the valve cover gasket and lowered the rear end about 1.5".
Valve cover took about 2 hours to clean out the inside with it's 1/8" of crud build up and another 45 min trying to clean up lifters, rocker arms and springs on the engine. Finally got some numbers from the head that may lead to what year this 250 is from. While I had the cover off I sanded off the paint and rust and wire brushed the raw steel then sealed it with a gloss clear coat, turned out pretty nice.
Lowering the rear was just removed some riser blocks that had been put under the springs at some point. Really just needed something to do while the engine cooled off.
Clean bare steel with a little burnish looks awesome. Congrats!

Closed Thread