The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2008, 04:52 AM   #151
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: My 67' LWB small window project truck

Hmmmmmm, I can see there is no power shifting with that guy.

You did a great job on the truck so far. It looks great, the shifter is definitely kool!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:25 AM   #152
racerman85

lyrikz- I went to Sears and bought a brand new 8 ball and drilled an 1/8" hole and then a (i believe) 17/64" hole and tapped it with a 1/2 x 20 if memory serves me correct. I didnt wanna buy an already done one on ebay because then I cant claim I did it "all by myself". I was gonna do a skull or something but i didnt have the resources do make one myself. Then I though of an 8ball and even though it was done before, I figured id make one anyways... and thanks for the compliments!

samwise68- thanks man! Its been a long time coming (for me, haha) at a little over 2 years till now, and shes not done but will prolly be "complete" around early august since thats when I get my license back (long story). So I still have time to get her the way I want it to be but thanks for the compliments man!
racerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:31 AM   #153
samwise68
FarmBoy.

haha, no worries man. are they ever really "done"?

The wait seems to be well worth it, if my eyes don't deceive me. you're going to have a *****in' truck, thats for sure.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:33 AM   #154
racerman85

Palf70Step-Thanks man, the shifter is 3' 4" from top to bottom... Ill have to get a better pic tomorrow. its got 4 main bends, one forward to clear the seat, another back towards the driver, the third is back again to clear the dash (and still needs some more bending), and i'm not sure if you can tell but the fourth bend is actually to the side, toward the passenger to get it to clear my head when i shift it into first! haha. Its kinda crazy but I like it. Its something I have seen no one in my area do, so I decided to be different and run something new.

and NO there will be minimal powershifting. It has about a 2' throw between first and second, and about the same to third. Put it to you this way- first is up against my leg, and second is hitting the mirror. haha.

samwise68- Thanks again. I'm just building it and designing it as i go along, pretty much creating my dream truck that i've always wanted, something that I can be proud of for making.

PS- heres a photoshop for ya guys that Thebrown83 did for me to replicate what the truck will approx look like when finished...

Last edited by racerman85; 04-10-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #155
lyrikz
PITbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman85 View Post
Palf70Step-Thanks man, the shifter is 3' 4" from top to bottom... Ill have to get a better pic tomorrow. its got 4 main bends, one forward to clear the seat, another back towards the driver, the third is back again to clear the dash (and still needs some more bending), and i'm not sure if you can tell but the fourth bend is actually to the side, toward the passenger to get it to clear my head when i shift it into first! haha. Its kinda crazy but I like it. Its something I have seen no one in my area do, so I decided to be different and run something new.

and NO there will be minimal powershifting. It has about a 2' throw between first and second, and about the same to third. Put it to you this way- first is up against my leg, and second is hitting the mirror. haha.

samwise68- Thanks again. I'm just building it and designing it as i go along, pretty much creating my dream truck that i've always wanted, something that I can be proud of for making.

PS- heres a photoshop for ya guys that Thebrown83 did for me to replicate what the truck will approx look like when finished...

Sears is where i got my 8 ball also.. Small world.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #156
racerman85

Hey guys, sorry about not being around much but Senior year of high school is crazy! I graduate TONIGHT though and I go on vacation till the 14th but when I get back i'm focusing on my truck.

When I presented my truck for my senior project, they didnt think I had it anywhere near finished... I just showed a couple videos of me driving it and a couple pics... Everyone else told me horror stories about them grilling us with questions, but when I was done they were pretty silent... The one guy that was judging SR projects was a car guy and he and I talked about it for a while while everyone else just stared at me haha. I got an award for my truck though, which i thought was pretty cool. It was ranked in the top for senior projects so yeah... heres a pic of the certificate I got...

So when I get back, "all" I have to do is tear it apart, sand/bondo/paint, make a new bed floor, install the carpet, install my stereo, and put it back together. plus all the things I cant think of right now... which is probably alot haha
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #157
RCbowtie69

good job, keep the picture's coming from N.C. been looking for more picture's i'm gald to see you graduate keep up the good work
RCbowtie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #158
crey

Man... I sat and read this thread for the past 30 or so minutes...
It was kinda, anti-climactic, if you catch my drift...

WHERE'D THIS KID GO????

Update this thread, man!!!

I want to see this truck!

crey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #159
racerman85

hey guys, ive been real busy with motocross and college and stuff. I broke my pelvis about 2 months ago and havent been able to do anything but occupy the couch (BORINGGGG) but the truck will get done... someday. I am moving to florida for two months (leaving DEC 27th) to ride and train for motocross so its not going to be done anytime soon. Give her time and it will be done, hopefully when I get back from florida... Trust me, everytime I walk out the back door and see her sittin there my heart sinks... so close to finished but still not done
Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #160
crey

That's cool, brother.
Keep yourself healthy on the back of that bike!
Good to see you're still alive!!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #161
racerman85

Unhappy Re: My 67' LWB small window project truck

hey guys, sorry for no update... ALOT has gone on... I started working and save enough money to move to florida to ride and train. I left home the day after Christmas with our motorhome and 3 friends... Had a blast, but on January 20th I was coming up to a step on step off section that i was jumping as one big jump. It was 4th gear tapped on my 250 2 stoke. As I was coming up to the face, my bike completely cut out. I landed on the face of the third, the bike went straight up and down and I bailed (afraid to land on my back) and I ended up shattering my left leg an inch above my ankle. So much for doing nationals and stuff for me this year! I am off for another 4 months at least, but I took my first steps yesterday. I'm still walking on the plate, but its a 14" titanium plate and 11 screws, and I'm walking almost a month ahead of time. And BTW- I hate hospitals! 5 days in a hospital at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, plus I had to still drive home (I didnt drive, but my parents came down and drove the motorhome and I the 1100 miles back home)

Only upside to this is it will give me time to work on my truck and get her finished up...
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #162
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Hope the healing is going well. Good luck with everything and hope to see more on your truck soon.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #163
crey

Holy Sheep****.

Man, take 'er easy for a little bit.
The more you beat yourself up now, the more you'll hurt in 20 years.
I abused myself plenty when I was in my Teens and 20's... I'll be 39 this
year and feel every injury I've ever had.
Not fun.
But, **** it... you only go around once, right??

WORK ON THAT TRUCK!!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #164
chas350

Ouuuch! Hey stay off the darn dirt bike til you finish your truck! lol

that looks like it hurts, get well.

71 K10 long fleet (sons truck) new 370hp 355, sm465 np205, 3.73's 33's
70 K20 long fleet
98 G3500 work van
chas350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #165
racerman85

Thanks guys... I'm just kinda waiting until I get a clearence from the doctor to walk. I have walked a few steps, but I got yelled at by my therapist (the doc said I can put weight on it, I didnt mean that meant i couldnt walk... oops) but I do have my most recent xray... I need my leg-I still have some bed body work to do, re-align the cab (btw-does the 67' have any cab alignment marks on it?), and the rest of the body... Some other small stuff... Still deciding if I want to put the 4" lowering springs on the back to even up with the 2" drop coils in the front or not... hmm...

btw- if you look at the xray, look at the crack that runs along my tibia vertically... it goes almost the whole way up my tibia.
Attached Images

Last edited by racerman85; 04-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #166
allen123
It'll buff out

[QUOTE=racerman85;3248927]It was 4th gear tapped on my 250 2 stoke. As I was coming up to the face, my bike completely cut out. I landed on the face of the third, the bike went straight up and down and I bailed (afraid to land on my back) and I ended up shattering my left leg an inch above my ankle.QUOTE]

Sorry to hear what happened. That exactly what happened to me when i broke my collar bone last season, exept I landed on my head lol. I've had pretty good luck so far this season. Get to healing

My Build
Cody Allen

Last edited by allen123; 04-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.
allen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #167
rcrahn

Ouch!
rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #168
racerman85

that sucks allen! what do u race?

and it didnt hurt that bad right when it happened, the pain didnt set in until they pulled my boot off and loaded me into the ambulance... 17 vials of morphine throughout a 45 minute ride to the hospital bearly took the edge off the pain, and this was my 34th & 35th bones i've broken so i guess you can say im not an amateur at pain (although many people beat me in being able to stand pain haha). pelvis, wrists at the same time, heel(s), shoulder blade, etc... ive had most of it. All I can say is going through airports SUCK!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #169
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Holy...yeah. Man, that's rough. Take care and get better. I'm glad to see you're back on the board and alive and kicking...well, sorta.

Take it easy man, and get well soon.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #170
allen123
It'll buff out

[QUOTE=racerman85;3255628]that sucks allen! what do u race?QUOTE]

Well i would be in 250f novice this year but since i broke my collar bone and didnt race for the rest of the season i decided to stay in beginner for the 3rd year lol and i hate to say that i ride that class lol but you gotta start somewhere

My Build
Cody Allen

Last edited by allen123; 04-14-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #171
allen123
It'll buff out

Well i would be in 250f novice this year but since i broke my collar bone twice(i broke it again my 1st race back) and didnt race for the rest of the season i decided to stay in beginner for the 3rd year lol and i hate to say that i ride that class lol but you gotta start somewhere

My Build
Cody Allen
Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #172
racerman85

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen123 View Post
Well i would be in 250f novice this year but since i broke my collar bone twice(i broke it again my 1st race back) and didnt race for the rest of the season i decided to stay in beginner for the 3rd year lol and i hate to say that i ride that class lol but you gotta start somewhere
Hey man its all good, as long as your having fun and staying away from the back and the lemmings... haha. This would be my second year in B, and I like it ALOT more then C, but i did spend 2 years in C and went to Lorettas in 07. Fun time, but i hate alot of the parents behind some of the riders (but you have that in every class...) Stay safe and have fun bro!

? for you guys that have done frame-off's... Are there any cab alignment marks anywhere on the 67? My cab isint on straight (i dont think so at least) and its setting everything else off a little, but here is a short list of what I still need to do...

-Body work around wheel wells on bedsides, pop dents out
-Re-do pass side rocker (i dont like the fit at all)
-Fabricate tranny xmember
-Put interior carpet in
-Figure out rear taillight harness
-Figure out wiper assy
-All paint/bondo work
-Figure out what im doing for a tailgate (mines all chewed up)
-Install longer studs in the rear axle and put in a spacer (wheels have a weird offset, i guess its what I get for going with something off a show car, but hey it was cheaper)

I think thats "it". Ill at least have something to do this summer!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #173
chas350

Man, some of those screws are to long! ouch!

71 K10 long fleet (sons truck) new 370hp 355, sm465 np205, 3.73's 33's
70 K20 long fleet
98 G3500 work van
chas350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #174
Slick67
Sofa King Crazy!!

Oh yeah......familiar with that scenario!! Gives ya time to think.....14 months for me!! Good luck on the recovery and build!
Name:  Ouch2.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  34.3 KB

My Blazer Build (New) - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=654650

My 67 Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335650

67 Chevy LWB big window a/c AKA TOTALLED BY A JACKASS.
1972 2wd Blazer "Porterbuilt and Sloshed"
Slick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #175
racerman85

man you got all kinds of sick metal on there! yjats crazy lookin!

and the doc cleared me to ride again monday! im so stoked, i have ridden once but im not supposed to jump or anything (of courseeee i followed that guideline strictly) :P its nice to be back on my bike again though. More good news is my brother got leave to come home for the weekend! (he is Navy and hasnt been home since january when i shattered my leg) so im really stoked to see him and for him to see me walking again

good luck slick! how did you hurt yourself?