The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #151
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Re: '71 Chevy C10 LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Good progress Eddie. Where's the paint pics?
Hehe, well they are coming sir. The paint was shaken up yesterday and hopefully the paint dude will get a day off this week and the bed will be done. The garage is heated and everything is ready finally. Man when you want something done so badly, waiting is torture. The paint dude hasnt charged me anything so I am so appreciative to have some great friends that have supported me. I did give him the heater for his garage since I couldnt use it and the extra primer that was sent to me just as a thank you. When you are working on something like this, even though mine is pretty simple, you really find out what friends will step up and volunteer. I have always said people that are involved in old classic cars/trucks are a great crowd to hang around.

Mcbassin, I am surely hoping by Sunday night to have some pictures finally posted of the bed and within a couple weeks to have the cab painted.
nasqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #152
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasqar View Post
Hehe, well they are coming sir. The paint was shaken up yesterday and hopefully the paint dude will get a day off this week and the bed will be done. The garage is heated and everything is ready finally. Man when you want something done so badly, waiting is torture. The paint dude hasnt charged me anything so I am so appreciative to have some great friends that have supported me. I did give him the heater for his garage since I couldnt use it and the extra primer that was sent to me just as a thank you. When you are working on something like this, even though mine is pretty simple, you really find out what friends will step up and volunteer. I have always said people that are involved in old classic cars/trucks are a great crowd to hang around.

Mcbassin, I am surely hoping by Sunday night to have some pictures finally posted of the bed and within a couple weeks to have the cab painted.
Sounds like good people. Yeah we truck guys stick together. I have met some great friends in the last 4 years working on mine. Safe to say there are some good genuine folks that work on these old rust piles.
I am planning on having some paint on my bed this weekend too. Well at least on the inside....
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #153
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Quote:
Sounds like good people. Yeah we truck guys stick together. I have met some great friends in the last 4 years working on mine. Safe to say there are some good genuine folks that work on these old rust piles.
I am planning on having some paint on my bed this weekend too. Well at least on the inside....
NICE! I am still not sure what to do with the inside of my bed. I am thinking about the roll in bedliner on the sides. I have the wood going in the bottom but I think the roll in will cover everything nicely.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #154
Todd68Chevy

Quote:
Thanks man. Hopefully one day it can match up to your beauty!!!
Thanks, I have had a lot of fun with mine over the last 24 years and will continue to for many more. All this hard work will finally pay off and I am sure you will enjoy yours for many years to comes also.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #155
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like some peel needs to be taken care of but at least it is now covered in something other than primer!!
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #156
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Not sure if there is someone on the board that does decals so I did some research online and found a web-site www.edecals.com and they have some flames similar to my Monte Carlo and can even come close on the shade I would like. It appears they will cost approx $150 for the hood and both fenders.

I am also looking to get the CHEVROLET letters for the tailgate that will match. I think it will look pretty neat to have my C10 match my Monte Carlo....
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #157
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like some peel needs to be taken care of but at least it is now covered in something other than primer!!
Looks good from where I'm sitting. Congrats!
Not sure where you can get some decals?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #158
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Quote:
Looks good from where I'm sitting. Congrats!
Not sure where you can get some decals?
Thanks Mike. I told the paint dude it will be great no matter how many little flaws there are.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #159
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Pretty big stand still at the moment. I have had to travel for work and havent had a moment to do anything but park by the truck and say "wow, that frame looks nice"...lol. It is about time to order all the new lenses for the truck. I have found a supplier on eBay that has the sides and rears for $76 for all new set. Anyone bought those or know anything about them? I am not sure if they can be "bad" since they are just lenses....any input?

I am also stuck on what to do with the grill....do I paint it body color or leave as is? I was thinking of polishing the outer chrome and painting the inner grill.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #160
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Got an order put in for some more new parts! The exterior pieces that I need to finish is dwindling, yeah. Now to figure out the front end and get some paint shot on the cab.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #161
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Got confirmation that I have been allowed to store my truck in a heated garage until March of next year!! This is huge because it has been sitting outside and the constant rain hasn't been kind to the unfinished body work.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #162
mcbassin
Still Learning

Congrats on the storage facility.
Looking forward to more painted parts.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #163
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

So am I looking forward to some painted parts, lol.

One of the areas my Schwan's depot services was hit with a tornado while the wind tore up our privacy fence, tahoe, and some siding so my focus the last week has been all that.....and last night, my drain pipe burst in my basement and 12 inches of poooo was discovered. My family finally laughed at our luck today saying at least we have our home and we can fix these things.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #164
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

I got the bed home tonight! Man it took some redneck engineering to get it on the trailer. The bed was 1 1/2" to wide for the trailer, so we stacked 3 sets of 3 tires in a triangular pattern and strapped it down. Then about 3 miles from home Bambi's BIG daddy decides to run out in front of us. I believe I have the hair from his tail on my headlight as we barely missed him, lol. What an interesting adventure this was.

I will post some pics tomorrow when the sun is shining.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #165
mcbassin
Still Learning

Hey I can relate to the tornados we have been really fortunate not to have been hit directly by any here. Near misses.
Sounds like you had a near miss with a big deer. Looking forward to new pics.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #166
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

We have been very blessed Mike...no complaints. That near miss tonight was a BIG daddy! A hunter would have been proud of that rack, lol. I will get the pics up tomorrow. The bed has flaws in the paint but it will keep my truck from rottening away while it sits in primer. My two daughters went out and looked at it and both said the same thing and i just laughed. They said "wow it sparkles....can I touch it?"...it was so funny.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #167
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Has anyone used the Rustoleum Brush On Bedliner? It is cheaper then U-Pol....
Old 12-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #168
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here are some updated pics of the bed. Still needs some touch up but it looks so much better. Since the trailer wasn't wide enough we sat the bed on 3 stacks of 3 tires and tied it down, lol. We got alot of looks coming home.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #169
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

My little buddy helping me find some parts
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #170
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

I couldn't find a shirt I liked, so I made my own, lol.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #171
Fattback

Quote:
I couldn't find a shirt I liked, so I made my own, lol.
Bad a$$ shirt!!!

Rob
Fattback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #172
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattback View Post
Bad a$$ shirt!!!

Rob
How many you want???? lol.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #173
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Jaws Movie Theme playing in background, lol.

Well, I finally took a few minutes to go get the truck and bring it home from a long winters nap. Time to organize my team and get the paint finished so we can start enjoying it.

I tried to take a video but my lack of techy ability hasn't allowed me to post it, nothing new there, lol.

This is weird, my pics are saved the correct direction in the files and on my phone...but they post sideways. My techy trend continues. I will try to fix it after I get my T-Shirts printed.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #174
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here some updated photos of my progress from this weekend. Not much to some, but a huge win to get the shed cleaned out and usable!! Now I can re-assemble the bed with all the new parts I have accumulated.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #175
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

2 main things to accomplish this week: New roll in bedliner purchased and a new garage door put up (since I bought it last Sept, lol.)