The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #176
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: '71 Chevy C10 LWB

Hey Eddie good to see some updated pics. The bed turned out great. You have that tee design for my 69 yet?
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #177
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

We got our shed put up today so we can now start working on finishing the paint job and let the re-assembly begin. It is really roomy and is pretty simple to put up with 2 people, with 3 handy people, it could go up within a few hours. With 2 it took us 4 hours but we weren't in a huge hurry either.

Pretty excited to have a storage place for the winter without worrying about a place....
Attached Images

nasqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #178
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Our weekend progress. Dang Indiana humidity kept it from drying so we weren't able to get the blue on it. Turned out pretty good for a daily driver. Didn't change the cab corners so it will only be so good, and I am ok with that. I will NEVER be afraid to use my truck.

The shed we put up and used to paint in, did a good job for us. We unzipped the door just enough to put 2 box fans with furnace filters behind them and it was good. It was almost warm enough for it to be a "Bake Booth"....I think we lost 10 pounds, lol.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #179
mcbassin
Still Learning

Looking good Eddie
Old 08-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #180
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Finally back on here after a hiatus while getting our tshirt business up and rolling.

Here are the pics of the truck getting painted. We rolled it out 48 hours later and let it sit outside overnight and the dew was pretty heavy, lol. Definitely not a show truck, but it is a great daily driver.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #181
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here are the pics of the bed. I still have the gloss urethane to apply but I have had some great response from people looking at it in person. This was our first load....probably the most precious and valuable cargo the truck will ever carry. We didn't have enough paint for inside the bed, so I found some rattle can spray that was Very close to the same shade and sprayed it. Turned out pretty good.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #182
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

I have been getting parts for the last few years and finally got some put on. I got the fender Chrome from LMC Truck and the back fits well with contour of the fender.....but the front doesn't match perfectly. They need to be screwed on and it was pretty simple. The biggest issue was the back tires were to wide to put the bottom screw in without taking off the tire.

I used oven off spray to clean up the grille and then polished it with a buffing wheel. It made a HUGE difference in the appearance. There are YouTube videos showing how it was done and it does work well.

The new deluxe side marker lenses and rear tail lights lenses were bought off of ebay and they fit nicely.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #183
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here is the first few adventures out in the truck after getting put back together. My wife has loved being able to get in and go to post office or around the block.

Our son in wheel chair asks if he can go "Cruisin' for Chicks", it is priceless. Our grandson is learning how fun it is to go cruisin'.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #184
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here is our best "Before" and "After" shot:
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #185
kjdolphins

Wow, just read through that whole thread! Beautiful build! Nice work
78 Z/28 Camaro - "Rocky"
89 Camaro RS 305 TBI DD - "Betsy"
kjdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #186
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdolphins View Post
Wow, just read through that whole thread! Beautiful build! Nice work
Thanks man. We have referred to it as our "50 ftr", lol. I put a huge scratch on the back above the passenger side tail light when I was working on the grille trying to get it polished. For a brief moment I wanted to curse, then I laughed and thought, "it's a work truck, lol".
Old 08-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #187
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here is our artwork for our "shop truck". I bought "chrome" material to put on the doors like an old shop truck.

I am going to use it on weekends to tow our enclosed trailer to shows/events to print t-shirts on site. The lady that does my taxes said I will be able to "write" some of the expenses off on taxes, lol. You gotta love it.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #188
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

This was our first big adventure out of town with the truck pulling the trailer. It did terrific! I gotta get some chrome tow mirrors because it was not the most comfortable feeling going down the road, probably not the smartest either but I had family following me. We got tons of attention at the benefit for the truck which made us feel pretty good for a low budget "50 ftr". We will use it as a company vehicle for our tshirt business so it will help draw some attention to the business everywhere we go.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #189
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Took the truck to a few shows this summer and towed the trailer all over the area. People are starting to recognize the truck and associate it with the business now which is great. I started selling a lot of rust and rat rod shirts and it just fits the whole image. My grandsons (2 & 4) have gotten to drive it as well as my 12 year old daughter (with the trailer attached!). So many great memories made this summer and fall. We have supported 2 main benefits and helped raise a few thousand dollars for a couple families so it has been well worth the efforts.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #190
mcbassin
Still Learning

Missed all the last update pictures. Good to see you got her painted and back on the road. Your truck looks great! Very cool you are actually using it for a truck
Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #191
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

It is definitely gonna be used. If I would have put alot of money in it, I would be scared. One day she might get all fancied up, but for now she is available for duty.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #192
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Now I have decided to take my truck to the next level. In March I will go pick up a wrecked 2005 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd with a 5.3l, auto trans, ac, and a 40/20/40 split bench! So excited to turn this truck into a reliable daily driver since I drive a minimum of 130 miles round trip to and from work. I will need some guidance as we need to have this thing rolling by mid May so we can do the long haul on the Power Tour. Who is the go to person on this site that can help me with questions?
Old 03-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #193
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here is our first outing of the year for our T-Shirt business. Had to sneak the Monte in the pic, lol.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2015, 10:57 PM   #194
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

Here is the new Extang Bed Cover I had put on. My 13 year old and myself are planning on going to Madison, WI to join the beginning of the Hot Rod Power Tour and we don't want our stuff to get soaked or blown out of the back, lol. Pretty nice fit and extremely quick to install.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #195
gferris5

This is what it's all about here; making a nice resto on a good usable truck. Right on!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #196
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasqar View Post
Here is the new Extang Bed Cover I had put on. My 13 year old and myself are planning on going to Madison, WI to join the beginning of the Hot Rod Power Tour and we don't want our stuff to get soaked or blown out of the back, lol. Pretty nice fit and extremely quick to install.
Sounds like fun to me. have fun on the Power tour.
Nice Monte Carlo too.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #197
nasqar
Here kitty kitty kitty

My son has been in hospital 3 of the last 4 weeks and I probably wont be able to afford the money or time for the power tour. We gotta take care of our families first. We will still continue to tinker with the truck and take it day by day with everything.