The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #176
gottwake

Re: My 67' LWB small window project truck

Dude, hope those werent "sidis" or tech 10's they had to cut off...
So are we gonna see you at Glen Helen?

Last edited by gottwake; 05-22-2009 at 10:51 AM.
gottwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #177
oldblue1968chevy
Grandpa in the rustmobile...

stay off that darn dirtbike or get some trainign wheels....

i'll just stick to ridin my 4wheeler lol

truck came along way..idk why ive never foudn this build thread before..

Goose-1968 C10 355,9.32-1CR, Vortec Heads ,262 voodoo, 3.73:1 3OTT (HS ride/beater/farm truck)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=317684

Grams 53-1953 Chevrolet Belair
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post4327784

1969 Chevy C10 Shortbed 4.5/6?" Frame off resto
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=548136

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
oldblue1968chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #178
racerman85

hey guys, big news... so my DD seems to be taking a crap on me and I cant be without a vehicle, I think im going to end up having to take a loan out to finish her. I dont really have the ability to finish it myself, my dad doesnt have the time to help me (busy with work), so I may have to take it to a body shop to get the body finished... I would rather take it to someone locally that is on this forum that has a body shop, so if you know anyone in the pa/md area that is a trusted shop, please let me know...
racerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #179
mcleoud151

Dude can't help ya' with anyone in the area, but wanted to say "yo" to another MXer! I'm sure we've been at the am. nationals together, i was trainer for Drew and Conner Mitchell and spent a buncha' time with Tapias and Hills and stuff. I also write and shoot for the mags here and there. Bikeless at the moment, which is really lame.

Plan is to finish my '72 before I buy another bike though. In the meantime I just steal my bros, or ride the 110 lol!

So how'd you're ride come out? Tennesee next year we should have a 67-72 meet up! There's a few guys out here who are way into the trucks too.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #180
racerman85

yeah that would be awesome! the only thing that would suck is that it takes me 14 hours to get there and unless i put the truck in the trailer and tow it down haha.

and the truck isint finished yet. I had purchased a van for racing a little while ago for racing and im halfway though paying it off, but hopefully i can get it paid off before i go in for surgery to get the plate taken out november 6th. I will definitely be at lorettas again next year so we should meet up there. I dont know the tapias personally but last year when i lived in florida they stayed at Waldo for a few weeks and thats where I stayed. its a small world!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #181
racerman85

alrighty so heres a little update... I stumbled across a NICE posi rear end that is about 2" wider, which is PERFECT to get the wheels out to fill the wheel wells better (and if I decide to put the 4" drop in the back, the tires wont rub on the inner fenders like they are now). Best part of all, my dad had bought it at some point in time and never realized its a posi unit. Sweet! Thats a couple hundred I dont have to spend and can put towards a 5 speed.

Currently my truck is on the backburner due to my dads latest project, a 1991 Mazda RX7 convertable that he found a JDM motor for... We have the motor in and mostly hooked up (due to its from Japan, EVERYTHING is backwards- all the plug wires are different lengths but the same plugs were used- thank the man above!). We are taking it to a place in Allentown PA to get it finished and hopefully running in the next month or two. Hes got a bunch of bits and peices (chip, blow off valve, etc) so hes hoping to score around 400hp out of the little rotary. Not bad for a 2100lb car hes building "for my mom"

I'm in college now, which is taking 90% of my time. with homework, circle track, and everything else I basically have no time to work on anything. I havent even ridden my motorcycle in at least 3 weeks, trying to get the race car ready for a test and tune tonight and a 125 lap race next weekend. Attatched is a picture of the carrier we had to replace-remember were racing on dirt... too much traction? bad casting? you tell me...

Hope everyone is doing well and keep truckin!