The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
daveyg

Ignition tumbler stuck past start?

Ok, so I had a tumbler and ignition that were all broken up, you could turn the tumbler with a screwdriver and it would fall out of the ignition if you hit a big bump, so I got a junkyard ignition, with no tumbler, and got a complete lock set from Brother's truck parts, and I got the tumbler in fine, and have used the truck approx 15 times since the install without any problems. But this last time, I somehow got the tumbler stuck, clockwise of engine start position. (luckily my solenoid wasn't connected to switch at the time) but now I can't get it to move in any direction from that spot, I've tried key in, and pushing the locking pin down with a bent over pick, thinking maybe I need to just pull the tumbler and try reinstalling, but the key just pulls out, without taking the tumbler with it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
daveyg is offline   Reply With Quote