The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
blondezilla

'72 C10 SWB Factory AC!- INTERIOR

Hi y'all~ so I found a really straight '72 C10 SWB, w/ factory a/c- it still blows cold air!!! It was in fully drivable functioning condition when I got it... W/ a 350 V8, and 3 speed auto trans. So far I've picked a 4-spd 700R trans out of a later model van at a local pick-a-part, had it rebuilt, and installed it into my truck. Works like a champ. I added ceramic hugger headers, which created a whole set of new challenges... Had to move the motor back a set of bolt holes in the frame to make it all fit, but the new trans was significantly longer, so rearranging everything like shift linkage and trans fluid fill tube, etc, became challenging. The electrical is gonna be my next challenge.... it's pretty much ready to go, but it needs some cleaning up. The gas tank was a gigantic fuel cell in the back of the bed... They'd cut a hole and done a pretty clean job-on the outside of the bed at least- in creating a fill door and fill tube... Sadly, the fill tube is completely visible and looks crappy inside the bed. I tried to buy a blazer tank to move it to the spare tire spot under the back of the bed, but realized with a simple dry fit that it wasn't even close to being as neat and clean as I want to do it... So I went to CPP in Anaheim and dropped the cash on their gorgeous custom aluminum tank that fits perfectly and even compensates for the existing 2" lower kit. Now my buddy is helping me tweak the remaining adjustments on everything in the engine compartment for proper fit. So gas tank goes in... Then body and paint.
I've always thought white exterior (it's white now), and red interior- I love the stock look stuff... The tooled "leather" bench seat, door panels... Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm open- I'll post fotos of the truck so far tonight.
Thanks~
Girl's Truck
Posted via Mobile Device
blondezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
67cheby
67cheby

Re: '72 C10 SWB Factory AC!- INTERIOR

we cant wait to see some pictures, welcome to the board !
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
blondezilla

Anyone know if someone makes a stock look passenger side mirror that has contemporary glass in it?? The kind that makes objects look further than they appear... Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
jhaymon

you can have one custom cut at any glass shop. and just glue it in.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
blondezilla

ok.. finally some fotos... pick-a-part for the "new" 700R4... frsh paint and a couple shiny new parts- including new Edelbrock 4 barrel carb and ceramic coated hugger headers... these were a little tricky to make work, but once in.. all good.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
blondezilla

got her in... had to set the motor back a couple inches... drill a new set of holes in frame, and figure out repositioning of a/c compressor and alternator brackets... thats a new aluminum radiator peeking in there too- then put the new fuel cell in where the spare used to go.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
blondezilla

a little backwards, but here's how she started... and that gas fill looked good... from the outside... but from the inside... ug. so out she came, and the new cell goes in cleanly.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
blondezilla

getting my hands a little dirty... it wasn't so pretty when I first pulled it out. But I love my rally's, the beauty rings and center caps. Still wanna change up the interior... back to more stock look, but not sure what colors...
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
Tinkermc

that's a real nice lookin truck you have there, I like your direction
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
68 Four on the Floor

Good looking truck. Have you considered buckets and a console?
68 Four on the Floor is offline   Reply With Quote