The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Lrall

my 48 s10 swap

where to start....My grandpa has a 48 chevy 5 window that hes had since growing up. And the s10....or s15 actually. GMC s15 high sierra edition, my grandma HATED this truck. So it worked out for the better tearing into both of them. We bought the kit from AD Engineering(1200 bucks but includes a bunch of stuff and QUALITY parts). First, we took the s10 down to bare frame and mounted and TIG welded the mounts on. Next up was the POR 15 then sprayed it black. Then i rebuilt the entire from suspension/brakes apart from new springs and sway bar. We are going with a 2" front and 3" rear drop from belltech using drop spindles and blocks. I work on this project about 3 hours a day in my auto shop class(hs senior). Feel free to ask me any questions that you have. Ill throw up some links to other threads ive had along the way and some progress pics. lancerall.com/chevy is my brothers website and has a few pictures that are constantly being updates, but its a 'fragile' site so please no linking or anything. http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/inde...422#msg249422v
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/inde...9982#msg259982
the second link is the final frame pics, the suburban you see in the background is the donor for the TBI stuff and 700R4 trans. I didnt include this earlier, 305 SBC with TBI and a 700R4 transmission.
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote